SETX Mentality infestation

UNLV

In another thread, I said Lamar should expand the stadium to 40k when Lamar goes FBS.
The responses were:
UNLV is looney
NO WAY
Only expand it to 20k
How dare you, sir, HOW DARE YOU
We could never...
The indignity of all this talk..,

Well my fellow LU fans. As we get left further behind, take a look at ULL 50k-60k new stadium in the works.
http://www.klfy.com/story/19598748/new-ul-lafayette-stadium-talks

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="skipmeister" post="1278505" timestamp="1348282786"]
Change will never happen overnight! Change is going to be gradual! Those are my thoughts on that! Just ULL, USF, UCF, etc., they took plenty of time to get their football program to the top! If LU follows suit, it'll take time for a FBS program to be competitive (only if they go that level)!
[/quote]UTSA is 3-0 starting their football 1 year after Lamar.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1278539" timestamp="1348283244"]
[quote author=skipmeister link=topic=103497.msg1278505#msg1278505 date=1348282786]
Change will never happen overnight! Change is going to be gradual! Those are my thoughts on that! Just ULL, USF, UCF, etc., they took plenty of time to get their football program to the top! If LU follows suit, it'll take time for a FBS program to be competitive (only if they go that level)!
[/quote]UTSA is 3-0 starting their football 1 year after Lamar.
[/quote]

Last year was USTA Football's transitional year because it's their first year of existence! They improved significantly! It'll be very competitive when it comes to recruiting for college football for San Antoine pretty soon because UIW started football most recently and will be an upcoming member of the Southland Conference! I'm hoping there will be a UTSA-UIW rivalry like in the Alamodome!

[quote name="wbfan" post="1278803" timestamp="1348292869"]
UTSA would roll Lamar. Hell, UNLV was talking about being able to compete with ULM if Lamar went up to FBS and the Sunbelt. Lol, after watching them punch Baylor in the mouth tonight, I wouldn't be surprised if they dropped 84 on LU.
[/quote]And UL-Monroe is doing it with nearly half the budget of Lamar.

UTSA 40 Lamar 9....easily

UTSA barely beat South Alabama, only beat Texas A&M-Commerce 27-16, and beat a bad Georgia State team.  UTSA's opponents are 1-8 this season, and that 1 win is South Alabama's 9-3 win over Nicholls State.  UTSA, South Alabama and Georgia State aren't exactly tearing up the football world.  Georgia State lost 33-6 at home to FCS school South Carolina State and their "big name" coach is quitting after this year.  But those 3 schools are going FBS so that does give them a recruiting advantage over Lamar.  As far as how good UTSA is, they'll start 4-0 when they beat NW Oklahoma State today, then it's all FBS opponents after that and a home game with McNeese.  I bet McNeese beats them easily.

[quote name="WOS95" post="1279169" timestamp="1348341270"]
unlv...im sure if u were to write a big donation check, the Lamar administration would be more than happy to hear what ideas you have for the school...
[/quote]

Took the words right out of my mouth.  ;D

Wait, I think I have stated this before. ;)

[quote name="WOS95" post="1279169" timestamp="1348341270"]
unlv...im sure if u were to write a big donation check, the Lamar administration would be more than happy to hear what ideas you have for the school...
[/quote]ULL facing huge budget cuts in a poor state will build a 50-60k stadium to grow ULL and keep it competitive.
Lamar, nothing. Lamar fans, make excuses for this do nothing attitude at Lamar. It's as if Lamar brought back football then declared job is done. There is no talk, no plans, nothing to get excited about at Lamar. Well maybe Pat Knight MBB. Other than that, nothing.I read about exciting new developments at other schools, I like to read ad brag about something exciting at Lamar.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1279209" timestamp="1348345108"]
[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=103497.msg1279169#msg1279169 date=1348341270]
[/quote]ULL facing huge budget cuts in a poor state will build a 50-60k stadium to grow ULL and keep it competitive.
Lamar, nothing. Lamar fans, make excuses for this do nothing attitude at Lamar. It's as if Lamar brought back football then declared job is done. There is no talk, no plans, nothing to get excited about at Lamar. Well maybe Pat Knight MBB. Other than that, nothing.I read about exciting new developments at other schools, I like to read ad brag about something exciting at Lamar.
[/quote]

You should get out more UNLV.  Lamar is winding down a $125 million capital campaign.  I guess in your mind since it was not a billion dollar campaign it's a failure.  Lamar spent almost $30 million on the stadium and athletic complex just a couple of years ago.  I bet Dr. Simmons is hoarding the other $70 million, that's why Lamar didn't expand the stadium to 50K.  Are you going to attend the public meeting about the Lamar master plan that includes development along Rolfe Christopher Drive and the other plans to make the university into a destination campus?

And why do you NEVER answer the question that everyone keeps asking?  I think because you cannot put your money where your mouth is.  Do you actually think the people who post here are millionaires that refuse to give to Lamar?  Why don't you step from behind that keyboard and convince some rich people to donate to Lamar instead of complaining to us?

[quote name="coachacola" post="1279245" timestamp="1348347736"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=103497.msg1279209#msg1279209 date=1348345108]
[quote author=WOS95 link=topic=103497.msg1279169#msg1279169 date=1348341270]
[/quote]

You should get out more UNLV.  Lamar is winding down a $125 million capital campaign.  I guess in your mind since it was not a billion dollar campaign it's a failure.  Lamar spent almost $30 million on the stadium and athletic complex just a couple of years ago.  I bet Dr. Simmons is hoarding the other $70 million, that's why Lamar didn't expand the stadium to 50K.  Are you going to attend the public meeting about the Lamar master plan that includes development along Rolfe Christopher Drive and the other plans to make the university into a destination campus?

And why do you NEVER answer the question that everyone keeps asking?  I think because you cannot put your money where your mouth is.  Do you actually think the people who post here are millionaires that refuse to give to Lamar?  Why don't you step from behind that keyboard and convince some rich people to donate to Lamar instead of complaining to us?
[/quote]Convince them to give to Lamar to do what?  All my ideas are too far out beyond anything Lamar could do even with enough money. It can't be done. We don't need it. SLC is where Lamar belongs.

Second, I never said for anyone here to give to Lamar. My issue is the half filled glass mentality. If the fans believe this is the best Lamar could ever achieve, the administrators will not feel pressure to do better. Fans are happy, why do more. I am sure we would still have Roc if fans hadn't said enough. Lamar will forever play Langston, if fans are happy playing Langston. So for, it is heresy to not like playing Langston. 

Im nobody from the next guy but Lamar after Tubbs stepped down from AD and it took a while to get a new one if the got one yet and now Dr Simmons leaving might cause a few conferences to hold off on any serious talks with Lamar about moving cause who wants to start talking with one person one time then someone else the next time

I love all of this passionate rhetoric spewing from the keyboard of a guy who posts as UNLV!

Shouldn't UNLV be a national power by now in football? I mean they are in the fastest growing community in the US and heavens knows the money is there. What kid wouldn't want to go to school in LAS VEGAS for four years?

[quote name="badndn" post="1281055" timestamp="1348520405"]
I love all of this passionate rhetoric spewing from the keyboard of a guy who posts as UNLV!

Shouldn't UNLV be a national power by now in football? I mean they are in the fastest growing community in the US and heavens knows the money is there. What kid wouldn't want to go to school in LAS VEGAS for four years?
[/quote]Yeah, I met and saw so many stars. Colin Powell, Hillary Clinton, Magic,Hammer, Ali, Tyson, Dana Carvy, Stallone, Glover, JJ, Pen and Teller, Ali daughter was a student at UNLV, Gladys Knight daughter was a student, Martin, my apartment was 3 blocks from where PAC was killed...I was there, Dennis Rodman, my summer apartment was next door to hard rock.

UNLV is building a super football stadium on campus. Even when losing, UNLV never adopts the SETX mentality.

Oh, I talked to National Champion head coach Rollie Massimino at the Moyer Student Center at UNLV. We talked about Lamar. serious, no lie.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1281417" timestamp="1348549685"]
no Robert Goulet?  did you run around after em with your lil autograph book?

I saw to Bobby Knight...we talked about Lamar....

isnt there a UNLV board you can go troll ?
[/quote]Ouch tane. I didn't know you were so sensitive. I better use a pillow next time.

Clearly we are from two schools. I remember a Lamar knocking off top 20 teams in MBB and not playing the Langston's back in the day. Yes the football team lost games, but Lamar played the Baylor's and La Tech's. You all are content with Lamar being a nobody in a nobody conference playing SFA and SHSU in a small 16k stadium.Don't get mad at me because I want to see Lamar grow to be the best. It is you all with the low expectations, no vision, can't be done, small town small school like SFA and SHSU mentality.,

oops, sorry tane. I was a little rough there. Here is some tissue.

[quote name="UNLV" post="1281535" timestamp="1348583003"]
[quote author=puddin tane link=topic=103497.msg1281417#msg1281417 date=1348549685]
no Robert Goulet?  did you run around after em with your lil autograph book?

I saw to Bobby Knight...we talked about Lamar....

isnt there a UNLV board you can go troll ?
[/quote]Ouch tane. I didn't know you were so sensitive. I better use a pillow next time.

Clearly we are from two schools. I remember a Lamar knocking off top 20 teams in MBB and not playing the Langston's back in the day. [b]Yes the football team lost games,[/b] but Lamar played the Baylor's and La Tech's. You all are content with Lamar being a nobody in a nobody conference playing SFA and SHSU in a small 16k stadium.Don't get mad at me because I want to see Lamar grow to be the best. It is you all with the low expectations, no vision, can't be done, small town small school like SFA and SHSU mentality.,

oops, sorry tane. I was a little rough there. Here is some tissue.
[/quote]

a lot of games!

[quote name="Javelina" post="1281592" timestamp="1348586166"]
I would say most everyone wants Lamar to COMPETE at the higest level of football but I think doing it right is key.  [b]I would not pass on any FBS invite but do not want to get in to deep and be a Eastern Michigan for the next 20 years.[/b]
[/quote]

Lol, you picked the wrong school to mention. UNLV is going to bring up how Eastern Michigan almost beat a ranked Michigan State on the road last weekend and JUST got a 4-star quarterback to commit to them.

and how long has it taken Eastern Michigan to get into the position to almost beat MSU?  I remember a while back when the NCAA put in the attendance clause and EM averaged somewhere around 5K a game that year and the next few and they were put on some sort of probation or something if they did not get numbers up at games or be at risk of being forced to FCS.  Im on board for gradual stadium expansion as needed until the desired seating capacity is reached which I think 30-35K is good and before you say that is to small to get a Texas, Baylor, Texas A&M or others into Beaumont Texas played at Wyomong in 2009 and the attendance at that game was 31,017.  Texas Tech just played at TSU and drew 33K, Texas A&M played at New Mexico in 2008 and only drew 28,007 but A&M only has played confrence games away from Kyle Field since then.  Yes you need bigger stadiums than what LU has to get big names in but you don't need a stadium beyond your means to make it at FBS.  With that all being said I think Lamar fits into the Sun Belt foot print and could compete in the confrence after some good recruiting classes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder