PORT ARTHUR MEMORIAL AT BELLAIRE BROADCAST/TITANS WIN! 41-7!

WOSgrad

Was at the game last night, good to get a win and get some backups some playing time, we have to cut out the penalties and turnovers. Its the 4th game and I still see little things I saw in week 0 against Central. Defense looks good, only Bellaire score was set up by a turnover that gave them an extremely short field. All in all good W now its time for the real season/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="songone" post="1278897" timestamp="1348318088"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=103455.msg1278432#msg1278432 date=1348281742]
so this was the team that hung with Manvel?  ::)

Manvel is [b]overrated[/b]!

Havent gotten a Final yet Grad.
[/quote]Yeah they hung with Manvel if you say so... It was 35-13 Manvel with around 4:00 minutes left to play... and they didn't fumble 5 or 6 times either! Actually Manvel provided the heavy dosage of turnovers. 
To simplify it ... they more or less beat the back ups 14-7 in garbage time.  I'll tell coach to leave the foot on the gas to impress Mr. Garrity next go around.
HOKA HEY!!
[/quote] ::)

To answer the question....yes, Butler stadium is that old and decrepid.  No connections of any kind for the media and it is obviously a cell deadzone because none of the air cards we tried worked very well.  Dave and I do apologize for the breakdown in the broadcast...but that has to be one of the worst press boxes I have ever been in as a coach or announcer. 

The Titans did look better overall this week...the D line didn't show up at all the first half, as evidenced by Bellaire's backfield running between the tackles for the whole half.  Turnovers and silly mistakes on both sides of the ball...Fisk was better but his timing is still spotty. 

Looking forward to district play this week at DP...and better facilities...with hospitality, at least enough thought to provide some bottled water.

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1279641" timestamp="1348373343"]
To answer the question....yes, Butler stadium is that old and decrepid.  No connections of any kind for the media and it is obviously a cell deadzone because none of the air cards we tried worked very well.  Dave and I do apologize for the breakdown in the broadcast...but that has to be one of the worst press boxes I have ever been in as a coach or announcer. 

The Titans did look better overall this week...the D line didn't show up at all the first half, as evidenced by Bellaire's backfield running between the tackles for the whole half.  Turnovers and silly mistakes on both sides of the ball...Fisk was better but his timing is still spotty. 

Looking forward to district play this week at DP...and better facilities...with hospitality, at least enough thought to provide some bottled water.
[/quote]is that the stadium by Dyer Stadium in some sort of a complex of stadiums? I think Butler and Dyer are the oldest HS stadiums in Houston.

dang they didnt even provide you guys water? thats crazy.  :o

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1279660" timestamp="1348377931"]
no,butler is west of 610...if you are going 610 north and exit buffalo speedway and hang a left on main and go 5miles,stadium on left. looked like they did some renovations at butler. video board and new field turf.
[/quote]Oh ok, I remember Dyer being right across another stadium that the name started with the letter B, cant figure it out.

Buddy....Butler was built in '65, so I don't know where it ranks among other HISD stadiums...but a coat of paint and a scoreboard definitely don't equal nice facility. LOL

Don't get me wrong, I coached in Crosby last year and that press box is not much better than Butler's....probably the worst I have seen is at Fun Stadium.  Don't know how many of y'all have been there....I played there a few times and it is nothing nice.

[quote name="O-lineGuru" post="1280199" timestamp="1348445992"]
Buddy....Butler was built in '65, so I don't know where it ranks among other HISD stadiums...[b]but a coat of paint and a scoreboard definitely don't equal nice facility[/b]. LOL

Don't get me wrong, I coached in Crosby last year and that press box is not much better than Butler's....probably the worst I have seen is at Fun Stadium.  Don't know how many of y'all have been there....I played there a few times and it is nothing nice.
[/quote] Oh i know, when i was stationed in Wichita Falls i went to a game in Burkburnett (4A at the time) and that stadium was smaller than Crosby, pressbox was the size of a box of matches, I left early, couldnt stand it. (and they had just painted over the stadium) I had trouble using my cell there, guess i was too close to that sucky state 10 mins to the north  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder