All the Nederland fans......

ATWILDCAT

Just now able to post my observations on the game yesterday. You guys have one heck of a football team over there. Big and strong kids. Gave us all we wanted. We needed a game like that after the BWood game. So many turnovers on your side and all those dang penalties on us and still went down to the wire.The Bulldog secondary pretty much put the clamps on our passing game and Coach Roark adjusted some after the half and pounded the rock just enough to get some scores and pull it out. Hats off to the Nederland HC to go for the win after closing 32-31 instead of the tie. Our defense made the big play there.
And what about that rain! That stuff was coming down sideways. :o Glad it slowed up some to play the second half. Anyways good luck the rest of the year and hope to see the Dogs in the playoffs.

Also hope the injured players get healthy. We had our best DB, which is also our fastest kid, get injured and only played the first half. I think he has bruised ribs. He'll be sore the next couple of days , but he'll be fine. Was a very physical game.

[quote name="ATWILDCAT" post="1273405" timestamp="1347768047"]
Just now able to post my observations on the game yesterday. You guys have one heck of a football team over there. Big and strong kids. Gave us all we wanted. We needed a game like that after the BWood game. So many turnovers on your side and all those dang penalties on us and still went down to the wire.The[b] Bulldog secondary pretty much put the clamps on our passing game[/b] and Coach Roark adjusted some after the half and pounded the rock just enough to get some scores and pull it out. Hats off to the Nederland HC to go for the win after closing 32-31 instead of the tie. Our defense made the big play there.
And what about that rain! That stuff was coming down sideways. :o Glad it slowed up some to play the second half. Anyways good luck the rest of the year and hope to see the Dogs in the playoffs.

Also hope the injured players get healthy. We had our best DB, which is also our fastest kid, get injured and only played the first half. I think he has bruised ribs. He'll be sore the next couple of days , but he'll be fine. Was a very physical game.
[/quote]
I was afraid about #9 all night. He could be VERY dangerous if y'all can get him the ball. I know y'all tried a few times early, but the Ned DBs made great plays. He's probably 6'3", fast, and a big frame on him. He is a great weapon to have for sure.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="1273583" timestamp="1347807847"]
[quote author=ATWILDCAT link=topic=103241.msg1273405#msg1273405 date=1347768047]
Just now able to post my observations on the game yesterday. You guys have one heck of a football team over there. Big and strong kids. Gave us all we wanted. We needed a game like that after the BWood game. So many turnovers on your side and all those dang penalties on us and still went down to the wire.The[b] Bulldog secondary pretty much put the clamps on our passing game[/b] and Coach Roark adjusted some after the half and pounded the rock just enough to get some scores and pull it out. Hats off to the Nederland HC to go for the win after closing 32-31 instead of the tie. Our defense made the big play there.

[/quote]
I was afraid about #9 all night. He could be VERY dangerous if y'all can get him the ball. I know y'all tried a few times early, but the Ned DBs made great plays. He's probably 6'3", fast, and a big frame on him. He is a great weapon to have for sure.
[/quote]

Yeah, #9 Jalyn Judkins had a huge game against BWood last week with almost 200 yards recieving and 3 TD's, but we couldn't get him going. The passing game just wasn't clicking for QB Austin. The Bulldog defense had alot to do with that and the weather didn't help.  He did have a long reception that got us inside the 5, but was called back for a holding penalty. Penalties killed us all night. Had that long 90 yard TD run by Richard Cooper called back because of a hold also. Oh well.

It was an interesting game that could have been better with less penalties and turnovers. Both team fought hard and the better team won. I think the game will help both teams down the road from the experience of playing against a team with size and speed. The offensive line for Angleton is large and good feet but got caught holding. Nederland got to see team speed to not one or two players but team speed. The DOGS will bounce back and like always prepare for the next challenge and be ready to play those knarly old Pirates.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder