HOUSTON LAMAR AT WEST BROOK BROADCAST/LAMAR WINS 26-14

WOSgrad

My synopsis on this game was simple. Lamar QB, Colbert, was an arsonist in this game, as he torched the WB secondary for huge chunks of yardage. Play after play, pass after pass, I kept waiting for our defensive coaches to make some adjustments, to take away the pass threat, but it never happened. The Bruin defense put some pressure on Colbert, but he was very allusive, and was able to keep plays alive with his legs. On the next play, he'd go long, and complete the pass. The Bruin offense, was lethargic, at best. I dont know what to say, because they never really did anything. They played just awful. I know its just the third game, but you should start to see some offensive cohesiveness, by now. There doesn't seem to be any leadership, on this offense. Somebody needs to step up and be a leader, and be a "go-to" guy. Lamar was average, at best, and was very beatable. WB just wasn't able to sieze opportunities and capitalize on mistakes made by the Redskins. Hopefully, things will improve. Chavez, next week, should be a team that WB can beat. Then we get a week off, and then we get LP, to start district. There are no gimme games once district starts.

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1273430" timestamp="1347769744"]
NS and LP are still a toss up for the #1 spot, with PAM in 3rd. If the playoffs were to start now, based simply on the way we've played, I would give the 4th spot to DP. We need to improve on so many phases of the game, just to be competitive, right now.
[/quote] I saw DP play, they [b]will not [/b] make the playoffs. LP cant stop an average spread offense, dont see them even coming close to beating NS or PAM lol.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder