Hamshire-Fannett at East Chambers Game Thread/EC wins 33-14!

WOSgrad

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="justsaying" post="1271099" timestamp="1347671892"]
Refs are terrible.  They have to stop and talk to everyone after every play.
[/quote]

That was one of the most inefficient crews I have ever seen. The First quarter lasted 45 minuets loooooooooong!
The refs  stop, talk, look like they are going to start again, call a timeout, walk over to the sideline, chat, talk to the coach, place the ball, stop again, stop, talk to the other coach, and so on and on and on.
Terrible, inefficient crew. 

[quote name="HORNSFAN86" post="1270399" timestamp="1347650471"]
Man, its about time to que up Kenny Chesney and "THE BOYS OF FALL". Wow the HF fan base is energized like I have not seen in a long time, I hope Big MO carries thru the season. I can feel the BF's starting to churn for this much anticipated match up.
Should be a hard hitting, entertaining game for the fans tonight. Good Luck Horns.  8) :P
[/quote]Ok, last smack talk I think. Horns R #1 [size=12pt]Larry[/size] HORNSFAN89 [size=12pt]Curly[/size] HORNSFAN86 [size=12pt]Big MO[/size].

Drove over to Winnie to watch the Rice Bowl. Roberts 33 hf 14.  That kid is special. I did notice EC could not do anything unless the ball was given to 27. Your right about those refs. They cost HF a touchdown. EC had a ton of personal files. Hf had a few. EC was so ineffective without Roberts in the game, they had to put 27 back in the game with 3 minutes left, because HF stuffed EC on 2 drives before. 33 to 14 game with 3 minutes left and you put your star back in the game. EC's coach would have a lot to explain if he got hurt during trash time. But I think he was afraid HF would have scored a meaningless touchdown in the last three minutes. Dumb

[quote name="jenks" post="1271895" timestamp="1347682263"]
Drove over to Winnie to watch the Rice Bowl. Roberts 33 hf 14.  That kid is special. I did notice EC could not do anything unless the ball was given to 27. Your right about those refs. They cost HF a touchdown. EC had a ton of personal files. Hf had a few. EC was so ineffective without Roberts in the game, they had to put 27 back in the game with 3 minutes left, because HF stuffed EC on 2 drives before. 33 to 14 game with 3 minutes left and you put your star back in the game. EC's coach would have a lot to explain if he got hurt during trash time. But I think he was afraid HF would have scored a meaningless touchdown in the last three minutes. Dumb
[/quote]Jerks you don't know what you’re talking about bro. You’re the one that said EC wanted to play HF during rice festival which is during district play. Not possible since what the 80’s. EC played with class. A shout out to EC coaches kneeling the ball inside the 5 yard line twice with less than a minute of the game. Roberts was in and out a lot of the first half. Yes EC did take their foot off the gas and HF scored. Watch channel 6 highlights and they talk about it.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1271936" timestamp="1347683008"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271895#msg1271895 date=1347682263]
[/quote]Jerks you don't know what you’re talking about bro. You’re the one that said EC wanted to play HF during rice festival which is during district play. Not possible since what the 80’s. EC played with class. A shout out to EC coaches kneeling the ball inside the 5 yard line twice with less than a minute of the game. Roberts was in and out a lot of the first half. Yes EC did take their foot off the gas and HF scored. Watch channel 6 highlights and they talk about it.
[/quote]
Not sure what you are talking about on the rice festival? but EC total offense without 27 in the game was 53 yards. Your right this is not a district game. So you rest you star when the game is won. I thought it was very dumb of EC's coach to put him back in the game. If he had twisted his knee during trash time you would be agreeing with me right now.

[quote name="jenks" post="1271959" timestamp="1347683736"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1271936#msg1271936 date=1347683008]
[/quote]
Not sure what you are talking about on the rice festival? but EC total offense without 27 in the game was 53 yards. Your right this is not a district game. So you rest you star when the game is won. I thought it was very dumb of EC's coach to put him back in the game. If he had twisted his knee during trash time you would be agreeing with me right now.
[/quote][size=14pt]Let me see if I can spark your memory or just lying.[/size]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=74053.msg1193696#msg1193696 date=1331135969]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=74053.msg1129415#msg1129415 date=1322195782]
How are we supposed to catch up, if HF will not play? If you only play when you think you have a good team then the numbers really don't show a true series of play. I feel like HF is a much larger school than EC and should play. I could understand a smaller school not wanting to play a larger school but not the opposite. I know what your thinking, how do you know it’s HF. Well I was talking with Valastro and he said that HF really did not want to play, sometimes they will and sometimes not and we needed to find larger schools like Orangefield to push us. I’m not saying these numbers are skewed but they might be skewed. If anyone would like to shed some light on why HF sometimes will and sometimes not, I’m all ears. I would like to see us play HF every year like Orangefield.
[/quote]
The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend, which no body wanted including HF. Valastro had this thing about not wanting his players to have any fun on that weekend. HF has always kept that weekend as a bye. Since Valastro was gone this year the game is back on next season.
[/quote][size=14pt]Busted  lying dude just stop while your ahead.[/size]
[size=18pt]Hey Maybe Jenks or Jurk is BIG MO.LOL[/size]

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1271969" timestamp="1347684019"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271959#msg1271959 date=1347683736]
[/quote]
How are we supposed to catch up, if HF will not play? If you only play when you think you have a good team then the numbers really don't show a true series of play. I feel like HF is a much larger school than EC and should play. I could understand a smaller school not wanting to play a larger school but not the opposite. I know what your thinking, how do you know it’s HF. Well I was talking with Valastro and he said that HF really did not want to play, sometimes they will and sometimes not and we needed to find larger schools like Orangefield to push us. I’m not saying these numbers are skewed but they might be skewed. If anyone would like to shed some light on why HF sometimes will and sometimes not, I’m all ears. I would like to see us play HF every year like Orangefield.
[/quote]
The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend, which no body wanted including HF. Valastro had this thing about not wanting his players to have any fun on that weekend. HF has always kept that weekend as a bye. Since Valastro was gone this year the game is back on next season.
Hey Maybe Jenks or Jurk is BIG MO.LOL
[/quote]
If you continue to call me "jurk" (jenks is my name dude) then you new name will be ECFAG#1

Jenks...This game could've been a lot worse.  Ole #27 didn't score all of our touchdowns either.  You shouldn't say that Roberts is all we have because that would mean that 11 HF players couldn't beat 1 EC player.  That would be pitiful.  Yes he is a stud....deal with it.  You forgot to mention that EC's defense shut down HF.  How many times in the first half did HF get the ball with great field position and couldn't move the ball.  Quite a few.  The best TEAM won.  It wasn't even close.  We gave HF a gift wrapped TD in the last quarter and could have scored again at the end but knelt the ball.  I doubt HF would have knelt it but we don't care.  HF is insignificant in the football world.  Jenks you should just say that HF never gave up and played hard and was just out matched.  We could respect that. 

[quote name="jenks" post="1271984" timestamp="1347684418"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1271969#msg1271969 date=1347684019]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
If you continue to call me "jurk" (jenks is my name dude) then you new name will be ECFAG#1
[/quote]That was pretty good for a liar. EC whoop some butt and poor you don't like it and make up excuses.LOL

[quote name="finger roll" post="1271987" timestamp="1347684550"]
Jenks...This game could've been a lot worse.  Ole #27 didn't score all of our touchdowns either.  You shouldn't say that Roberts is all we have because that would mean that 11 HF players couldn't beat 1 EC player.  That would be pitiful.  Yes he is a stud....deal with it.  You forgot to mention that EC's defense shut down HF.  How many times in the first half did HF get the ball with great field position and couldn't move the ball.  Quite a few.  The best TEAM won.  It wasn't even close.  We gave HF a gift wrapped TD in the last quarter and could have scored again at the end but knelt the ball.  I doubt HF would have knelt it but we don't care.  HF is insignificant in the football world.  Jenks you should just say that HF never gave up and played hard and was just out matched.  We could respect that.
[/quote]
Fingerfoll, I was admiring 27 has a great player, and making an observation about how much EC needs him to win. There was no gift wrapping of anything. The first D was still in VS the the First O. nobody gives anyone nothing when it comes to football. EC would have loved a shutout. HF scored because they drove down and scored with all 11.

Yes you admired him as well as said he's all we got.  We scored 10 touchdowns in the first 2 weeks.  Roberts ran for 3 and caught 1.  That left 6 other TD that he had nothing to do with.  Yes he is our best offensive player but he's not all we got.  Go ahead and focus on getting a win next week.  Thats what we're going to do.  1 game at a time.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1272003" timestamp="1347684808"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1271984#msg1271984 date=1347684418]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]That was pretty good for a liar. EC whoop some butt and poor you don't like it and make up excuses.LOL
[/quote]
ECfan where does it say I wanted HF to play EC during the rice festival? What I was talking about is the weekend should be a bye for both teams. HF wanted to continue to have a bye that weekend. I know Valastro, He told me he did not want his players to go to the rice festival because he thought it would make them sluggish for district. Now both schools are playing on Rice Festival Friday. HF had to give up the bye because our district is bigger now and it just did not workout. I accept your apology on trying to put words in my mouth and calling me a liar.

[quote name="jenks" post="1272014" timestamp="1347685140"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=103152.msg1271987#msg1271987 date=1347684550]
[/quote]
Fingerfoll, I was admiring 27 has a great player, and making an observation about how much EC needs him to win. There was no gift wrapping of anything. The first D was still in VS the the First O. nobody gives anyone nothing when it comes to football. EC would have loved a shutout. HF scored because they drove down and scored with all 11.
[/quote]You forgot with might and power. LOL Give it up man, EC took their foot off the gas and you scored. OK, all BS aside, I will say that HF did look better than I thought they would be. Now back to the smack.  I’m smack out, going Duck Hunting in the morning so I’m off to bed.

[quote name="jenks" post="1272043" timestamp="1347685768"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272003#msg1272003 date=1347684808]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
ECfan where does it say I wanted HF to play EC during the rice festival? What I was talking about is the weekend should be a bye for both teams. HF wanted to continue to have a bye that weekend. I know Valastro, He told me he did not want his players to go to the rice festival because he thought it would make them sluggish for district. Now both schools are playing on Rice Festival Friday. HF had to give up the bye because our district is bigger now and it just did not workout. I accept your apology on trying to put words in my mouth and calling me a liar.
[/quote]No apology here. I talked with Valastro myself and he said HF does not want to play. Valastro was not even here when we could played HF on rice festival. You would have to be in our district because district starts in Sept and festival is on Oct. I'll  try to type slower for ya. YOU LIED because it is not possible since the late 80's or early 90's. What happen with you not knowing anything about the rice festival?

EC played excellent defense and did pretty good on offense. Penalties and a couple of fumbles cost the Bucs some yards and probably some points. Hats off to HF. their boys never quit. For this only being the bucs second game i was very impressed. I think this team could go 10-0, but they will have to have a mindset of one week at a time. Good luck to our neighbors the rest of the season. Go bucs!

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1272064" timestamp="1347686411"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272043#msg1272043 date=1347685768]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]No apology here. I talked with Valastro myself and he said HF does not want to play. Valastro was not even here when we could played HF on rice festival. You would have to be in our district because district starts in Sept and festival is on Oct. I'll  try to type slower for ya. YOU LIED because it is not possible since the late 80's or early 90's. What happen with you not knowing anything about the rice festival?
[/quote]
I did not realize you were talking about a post from a long time ago. It just did not workout because of Bye's HF wanted to keep rice festival off. Valastro did not. I just talked to him and he told me it just did not work out because EC's bye was earlier in the season and HF's was on Rice festival WE.

[quote name="ECBuc08" post="1272081" timestamp="1347687112"]
EC played excellent defense and did pretty good on offense. Penalties and a couple of fumbles cost the Bucs some yards and probably some points. Hats off to HF. their boys never quit. For this only being the bucs second game i was very impressed. I think this team could go 10-0, but they will have to have a mindset of one week at a time. Good luck to our neighbors the rest of the season. Go bucs!
[/quote]
As long as 27 stays healthy you may be right. Good Luck Bucs

[quote name="jenks" post="1272090" timestamp="1347687559"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272064#msg1272064 date=1347686411]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I did not realize you were talking about a post from a long time ago. It just did not workout because of Bye's HF wanted to keep rice festival off. Valastro did not. I just talked to him and he told me it just did not work out because EC's bye was earlier in the season and HF's was on Rice festival WE.
[/quote]Do you know what district is ? Everyone is playing district games in OCT and HF is in a different district. It is not possible for us to play during rice festival. The Bye week has nothing to do with it.

[quote name="ECFAN#1" post="1272101" timestamp="1347688174"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272090#msg1272090 date=1347687559]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Do you know what district is ? Everyone is playing district games in OCT and HF is in a different district. It is not possible for us to play during rice festival. The Bye week has nothing to do with it.
[/quote]
I am going to try and explain this to you one more time.  HF wanted to play EC like they did this year within the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. HF made commitments with other schools (non district commitments means you play at each other stadiums in 2 year commitments), but could not play EC the first 3 to 4 weekends because EC decided to start playing on Rice Festival Weekend.  EC then had to start taking their bye withing the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. Because HF still wanted to be off rice festival weekend there was scheduling conflicts created by Valastro's desire to make his players play on RFW. I am glad it worked out with our schedules for us to play each other again. It should have never stopped. I do think it stinks that the players can't enjoy RF friday, especially since they are out of school.

[quote name="jenks" post="1272134" timestamp="1347689091"]
[quote author=ECFAN#1 link=topic=103152.msg1272101#msg1272101 date=1347688174]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103152.msg1272090#msg1272090 date=1347687559]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I am going to try and explain this to you one more time.  HF wanted to play EC like they did this year within the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. HF made commitments with other schools (non district commitments mean when you play at each other stadiums in 2 year commitments), but could not play EC the first 3 to 4 weekends because EC decided to start playing on Rice Festival Weekend.  EC then had to start taking their bye withing the first 3 to 4 weeks of the season. Because HF still wanted to be off rice festival weekend there was scheduling conflicts created by Valastro's desire to make his players play on RFW. I am glad it worked out now for us to play each other again. It should have never stopped.
[/quote]This is what you said period. "The real reason is Valasto insisted on playing Rice Festival weekend". Rice festival is in OCT. I think a liar would try to lie, to get out of a lie. What rice festival, I don't know what your talking about  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298