Liberty @ Buna predictions/comments

AOO7

Hookem – If what you stated is correct and “the team fell apart” after his injury to the tune of 113 points over 2 games with little or no offense on the other side – then my opinion is that Deel should be fired immediately.  If he has set his team to SOOOOOOOOO depend on one player – no matter how talented that player is – then he should not be coaching a team sport.  I personally do not know Deel and have heard good and bad things about him but I will restate if this is how he has this team set up then they would do better with a coach that teaches team first.

I hope that Liberty turns things around and makes the playoffs but at this time I am doubtful.  And 2nd in District??? Hope you are right we will just have to wait and see.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1268390" timestamp="1347465940"]
Just ready for Liberty to get back to full strength and show all these "haters" what they're made out of. 2nd in district, and we'll see from there! (MY PREDICTION)
[/quote]We have seen what Liberty is made of....gonna be a long season

Practice starts DURING SCHOOL, and they don't get to go home they practice again before getting to leave. Your facts are straight? Unless his attendance is poor, there's no way he can miss practice all the time. I've watched many practices myself, he shines out there like he does on the field. Truth is old Liberty folks don't wanna believe that this black kid is the heart and soul of their beloved traditionally white panthers. This kid is exceptionally good, and he's even better when it comes to just this team, I see no reason why everyone keeps hating on him? He's a 17 year old athlete just trying to due his job, he gets injured now you guys want to say he was never a factor, or he wouldn't change any scores? He lead Liberty in all purpose yards and td's for the past 2 seasons, how is he not a factor you guys are insane. You wanna know why Liberty sucks, because of THIS right here look at your posts this is our best player at the end of the day he's a child who goes home to his mom does his work and gets back to school the next day comes out on Fridays and performs, he's been doing it longer than any other player on the team with Fregia having missed a season, so this is why we suck, we have no support for our children/athletes and no respect for our coaches, even if they do suck they are our coaches and we have to trust they do the right thing, and as for bashing Jones' work ethic, that's too much this ins't the NFL he doesn't get paid he's a student athlete who happens to be an exceptional student FIRST. This is outrageous to see so many liberty fans shooting down a child, who happens to be our best player, and if the coaches didn't like him so much why design your offesne around him? If he doesn't work hard why does he get the ball? If he isn't at practice why is he the one who tells all the other wide outs how and where to line up watch the games he is a leader on the field through his play alone.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="LP6" post="1268761" timestamp="1347492282"]
Practice starts DURING SCHOOL, and they don't get to go home they practice again before getting to leave. Your facts are straight? Unless his attendance is poor, there's no way he can miss practice all the time. I've watched many practices myself, he shines out there like he does on the field. [b]Truth is old Liberty folks don't wanna believe that this black kid is the heart and soul of their beloved traditionally white panthers.[/b] This kid is exceptionally good, and he's even better when it comes to just this team, I see no reason why everyone keeps hating on him? He's a 17 year old athlete just trying to due his job, he gets injured now you guys want to say he was never a factor, or he wouldn't change any scores? He lead Liberty in all purpose yards and td's for the past 2 seasons, how is he not a factor you guys are insane. You wanna know why Liberty sucks, because of THIS right here look at your posts this is our best player at the end of the day he's a child who goes home to his mom does his work and gets back to school the next day comes out on Fridays and performs, he's been doing it longer than any other player on the team with Fregia having missed a season, so this is why we suck, we have no support for our children/athletes and no respect for our coaches, even if they do suck they are our coaches and we have to trust they do the right thing, and as for bashing Jones' work ethic, that's too much this ins't the NFL he doesn't get paid he's a student athlete who happens to be an exceptional student FIRST. This is outrageous to see so many liberty fans shooting down a child, who happens to be our best player, and if the coaches didn't like him so much why design your offesne around him? If he doesn't work hard why does he get the ball? If he isn't at practice why is he the one who tells all the other wide outs how and where to line up watch the games he is a leader on the field through his play alone.
[/quote]

Reggie White - black

Anthony Chambers - black

Both D1 players who Liberty's teams were built around.  Were they discriminated against by Liberty fans because of their race?  This is an ignorant thing to say.  People are banging on him because you guys are building him up to be Arian Foster.  He's not.  We have all said he is a good player, but there is no way he changes the outsome of either of your games. 

You guys were going to wipe the floor with Jasper before Jones went out???!!!?  Get out of here with that junk!  ???

[quote name="Cowboys1981" post="1268425" timestamp="1347467205"]
Hookem I have a question for you, Could Jones or Mosely play for Dayton?  Think about it would they make it or would Hancock send them packing?  Tradition always trumps talent.
[/quote]

Little do you know Jones was headed to dayton for the start of this season but had address issues. If mosley can play for OSU or SMU I'm sure he could play for dayton as well. Take your time rubbing the egg off.. smh

[quote name="OldTimer" post="1268484" timestamp="1347471010"]
Hookem – If what you stated is correct and “the team fell apart” after his injury to the tune of 113 points over 2 games with little or no offense on the other side – then my opinion is that Deel should be fired immediately.  If he has set his team to SOOOOOOOOO depend on one player – no matter how talented that player is – then he should not be coaching a team sport.  I personally do not know Deel and have heard good and bad things about him but I will restate if this is how he has this team set up then they would do better with a coach that teaches team first.

I hope that Liberty turns things around and makes the playoffs but at this time I am doubtful.  And 2nd in District??? Hope you are right we will just have to wait and see.
[/quote]

I can't argue with that. Have you watched Liberty play lately? (Last three years)

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1268863" timestamp="1347501329"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=102907.msg1268761#msg1268761 date=1347492282]
Practice starts DURING SCHOOL, and they don't get to go home they practice again before getting to leave. Your facts are straight? Unless his attendance is poor, there's no way he can miss practice all the time. I've watched many practices myself, he shines out there like he does on the field. [b]Truth is old Liberty folks don't wanna believe that this black kid is the heart and soul of their beloved traditionally white panthers.[/b] This kid is exceptionally good, and he's even better when it comes to just this team, I see no reason why everyone keeps hating on him? He's a 17 year old athlete just trying to due his job, he gets injured now you guys want to say he was never a factor, or he wouldn't change any scores? He lead Liberty in all purpose yards and td's for the past 2 seasons, how is he not a factor you guys are insane. You wanna know why Liberty sucks, because of THIS right here look at your posts this is our best player at the end of the day he's a child who goes home to his mom does his work and gets back to school the next day comes out on Fridays and performs, he's been doing it longer than any other player on the team with Fregia having missed a season, so this is why we suck, we have no support for our children/athletes and no respect for our coaches, even if they do suck they are our coaches and we have to trust they do the right thing, and as for bashing Jones' work ethic, that's too much this ins't the NFL he doesn't get paid he's a student athlete who happens to be an exceptional student FIRST. This is outrageous to see so many liberty fans shooting down a child, who happens to be our best player, and if the coaches didn't like him so much why design your offesne around him? If he doesn't work hard why does he get the ball? If he isn't at practice why is he the one who tells all the other wide outs how and where to line up watch the games he is a leader on the field through his play alone.
[/quote]

Reggie White - black

Anthony Chambers - black

Both D1 players who Liberty's teams were built around.  Were they discriminated against by Liberty fans because of their race?  This is an ignorant thing to say.  People are banging on him because you guys are building him up to be Arian Foster.  He's not.  We have all said he is a good player, but there is no way he changes the outsome of either of your games. 

You guys were going to wipe the floor with Jasper before Jones went out???!!!?  Get out of here with that junk!  ???
[/quote]

You thinking he wouldn't have made the games closer is pure idiocy. 1400yds doesn't make a difference? Rofl, dude you cheer for HD. Your whole team barely (if the even do) gets 1400 a season. We've never said he was the best in the world, simply that Liberty is drastically better with him. When's the last time you were at a Liberty game? Exactly, so you really can't say what kind of difference he makes. You're speaking from pure assumption and speculation, in the end you have no facts or solid basis on which to build your argument. Why would you even be on this thread? Just to hate. You don't see me on every HD thread saying how trash ya'll are, because truth be told... None of those kids would be starting on Liberty's JV. Ridiculous.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1268900" timestamp="1347503676"]
[quote author=GoldGlove link=topic=102907.msg1268467#msg1268467 date=1347469873]
HookEm2013 = Jordan's mom! ;D
[/quote]

Watch yourself dude, seriously.
[/quote]

He must've hit a nerve. 

[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268912#msg1268912 date=1347504276]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1268863#msg1268863 date=1347501329]
[/quote]

Reggie White - black

Anthony Chambers - black

[/quote]

You thinking he wouldn't have made the games closer is pure idiocy. 1400yds doesn't make a difference? Rofl, dude you cheer for HD. Your whole team barely (if the even do) gets 1400 a season. We've never said he was the best in the world, simply that Liberty is drastically better with him. When's the last time you were at a Liberty game? Exactly, so you really can't say what kind of difference he makes. You're speaking from pure assumption and speculation, in the end you have no facts or solid basis on which to build your argument. Why would you even be on this thread? Just to hate. You don't see me on every HD thread saying how trash ya'll are, because truth be told... None of those kids would be starting on Liberty's JV. Ridiculous.
[/quote]

Don't assume who I cheer for.  I cheer for no one, I just enjoy football.  To answer your question, I was at Liberty during the week 0 masacre. I was at virtually every Liberty game last season and the season before that.  I have watched the same games you have watched, minus the rose colored glasses. 

No one from HD would start on Liberty's JV??  Come on son.  Darrell Lavalais would be the best player on ya'lls defense, and Tyler Drake wouldn't be far behind.  HD has several players that could contribute on Liberty's varsity.  Don't knock it, judging by the scores of the games Liberty has played, they need all the help they can get.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1268945" timestamp="1347506353"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268900#msg1268900 date=1347503676]
[quote author=GoldGlove link=topic=102907.msg1268467#msg1268467 date=1347469873]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He must've hit a nerve. 

[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268912#msg1268912 date=1347504276]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1268863#msg1268863 date=1347501329]
[/quote]

Reggie White - black

Anthony Chambers - black

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don't assume who I cheer for.  I cheer for no one, I just enjoy football.  To answer your question, I was at Liberty during the week 0 masacre. I was at virtually every Liberty game last season and the season before that.  I have watched the same games you have watched, minus the rose colored glasses. 

No one from HD would start on Liberty's JV??  Come on son.  Darrell Lavalais would be the best player on ya'lls defense, and Tyler Drake wouldn't be far behind.  HD has several players that could contribute on Liberty's varsity.  Don't knock it, judging by the scores of the games Liberty has played, they need all the help they can get.
[/quote]

Yeah, mentioning a kids mom does hit a nerve.

What was the score at the end of the first in the Liberty v Jasper game? How many turnovers did Liberty force in the 1st? Ok, thought so.

Rose colored glasses? You mean like the ones that have you thinking HD football is even worth mentioning when it comes to contenders, of anything. Ya'll get an a for effort, that's where it stops. When's the last time ya'll did anything? Made it anywhere? Drew a crowd larger than 100? Rofl! Those players wouldn't start on JV, seriously. They look decent on a below, way below... average team. Get a life.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1268950" timestamp="1347506671"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1268945#msg1268945 date=1347506353]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268900#msg1268900 date=1347503676]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He must've hit a nerve. 

[/quote]

Reggie White - black

Anthony Chambers - black

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What was the score at the end of the first in the Liberty v Jasper game? How many turnovers did Liberty force in the 1st? Ok, thought so.

Rose colored glasses? You mean like the ones that have you thinking HD football is even worth mentioning when it comes to contenders, of anything. Ya'll get an a for effort, that's where it stops. When's the last time ya'll did anything? Made it anywhere? Drew a crowd larger than 100? Rofl! Those players wouldn't start on JV, seriously. They look decent on a below, way below... average team. Get a life.
[/quote]

Spoken like a true high school kid whose parents give him way too much computer time.  Isn't it past your bedtime Jordan?

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1268900" timestamp="1347503676"]
[/quote]

[b]Watch yourself dude, seriously[/b].
[/quote]

How do I know you are still in high school??  You still get mad when someone mentions your momma.

Guest incognito123
Want to meet you??  For what?  Split a coke, or play patty cake? 

No grown person uses "idgaf", "af", "smdh", or "rofl" for that matter.  Doesn't happen. If you want to sell me on your age, start sounding like one.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1268898" timestamp="1347503625"]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=102907.msg1268425#msg1268425 date=1347467205]
Hookem I have a question for you, Could Jones or Mosely play for Dayton?  Think about it would they make it or would Hancock send them packing?  Tradition always trumps talent.
[/quote]

Little do you know Jones was headed to dayton for the start of this season but had address issues. If mosley can play for OSU or SMU I'm sure he could play for dayton as well. Take your time rubbing the egg off.. smh
[/quote]

Wait?  I guess I missed this earlier.  Jones was headed for Dayton?  Address issues?  Was he trying to go there to play football while still living in Liberty?  Isn't that against UIL rules?  Did Dayton recruit him or was this his decision?  Did the Dayton coaches know that he wouldn't live inside their district? 

You opened pandora's box, now answer the questions.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1268955" timestamp="1347506962"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268950#msg1268950 date=1347506671]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1268945#msg1268945 date=1347506353]
[/quote]

[/quote]

He must've hit a nerve. 

[/quote]

Reggie White - black

Anthony Chambers - black

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spoken like a true high school kid whose parents give him way too much computer time.  Isn't it past your bedtime Jordan?
[/quote]

Obviously you don't know "Jordan" he doesn't get home from practice/lifting at the gym on his own free time until 9 every night. That I know for a fact. Try again. "Cord" "Jordan" Who am I gonna be next?

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1268970" timestamp="1347507557"]
Want to meet you??  For what?  Split a coke, or play patty cake? 

No grown person uses "idgaf", "af", "smdh", or "rofl" for that matter.  Doesn't happen. If you want to sell me on your age, start sounding like one.
[/quote]

[b]ROFL!![/b] I'll type the way I choose, like it or not. For one you can't curse on this board.. two, to actually type out every word in smh would be pure ignorance when it can be shortened. I'd rather type rofl then to go into a long detailed sentence about how I'm dying of laughter. If you believe I'm a player, go look at the forums I was on during games. Pretty much makes that impossible.

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1269027" timestamp="1347515036"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268898#msg1268898 date=1347503625]
[quote author=Cowboys1981 link=topic=102907.msg1268425#msg1268425 date=1347467205]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wait?  I guess I missed this earlier.  Jones was headed for Dayton?  Address issues?  Was he trying to go there to play football while still living in Liberty?  Isn't that against UIL rules?  Did Dayton recruit him or was this his decision?  Did the Dayton coaches know that he wouldn't live inside their district? 

[/quote]

He wasn't recruited by coaches, his father lives in dayton. His family felt like that would be a better opportunity and give him the platform to get looks in hopes of furthering his education while also being able to play sports. He didn't go because he wanted to stay and play with his friends/teammates honestly. His family didn't MAKE him go because it was against UIL rules and therefore would have disqualified him from play. Not everyone can pull a Fitzwater and move to a different state. At the end of the day the kids family wants him to further his education and play college ball, not everyone comes from a rich family so I don't fault them one bit. Happens all the time, just wish he would have gone somewhere with better opportunity. Anywhere.

Guest incognito123
[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1269036" timestamp="1347525174"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1269027#msg1269027 date=1347515036]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1268898#msg1268898 date=1347503625]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He wasn't recruited by coaches, his father lives in dayton. His family felt like that would be a better opportunity and give him the platform to get looks in hopes of furthering his education while also being able to play sports. He didn't go because he wanted to stay and play with his friends/teammates honestly. His family didn't MAKE him go because it was against UIL rules and therefore would have disqualified him from play. Not everyone can pull a Fitzwater and move to a different state. At the end of the day the kids family wants him to further his education and play college ball, not everyone comes from a rich family so I don't fault them one bit. Happens all the time, just wish he would have gone somewhere with better opportunity. Anywhere.
[/quote]

Now this was a good response.  I actually like you a little Hookem.  Maybe we can get along from now on??  ;)

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1269038" timestamp="1347525401"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=102907.msg1269036#msg1269036 date=1347525174]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=102907.msg1269027#msg1269027 date=1347515036]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Now this was a good response.  I actually like you a little Hookem.  Maybe we can get along from now on??  ;)
[/quote]

It was never personal, all in the name of entertainment.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder