Nederland-Central

getripped

[quote name="olddadt49" post="1268018" timestamp="1347413940"]
I don't know what the eighth grade team did, but the seventh grade beat St. Annes eighth grade "B" team 30-0 this afternoon.
[/quote]
St. Anne B team is 6th and 7th grade.  The St. Anne A team is made up of 6th - 8th grade,  some boys play both.  Central played well and are well coached.  The cheap shot on the punter was on a kid that just turned 12

LOL,.  I  clarified incorrect information from one of the proud fans who boasted about the 7th grade beating the 8th grade B team, a team that doesnt exist at St. Anne.    I guess you missed the part about Central playing well and being well coached.  Central won fair and square and have a good team. 

You don't know me. I was not boasting. I went to watch a game being played by children. I dont even care about wins or losses in that age group. There is too much stress in that. I only care that  the children have fun and don't get hurt. You dont even know what team I was there to see. I only stated what was on the scoreboard at the end of the game. I did not intend to hurt your or anyone else's feelings about children playing a game. Also I did not know about the team's structure. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

[quote name="getripped" post="1268110" timestamp="1347419074"]
[quote author=olddadt49 link=topic=102874.msg1268018#msg1268018 date=1347413940]
I don't know what the eighth grade team did, but the seventh grade beat St. Annes eighth grade "B" team 30-0 this afternoon.
[/quote]
  The cheap shot on the punter was on a kid that just turned 12
[/quote]The player was flagged and asked to sit out the rest of the game. Coaches counseled the kid and I am sure he understands fully what he needs to do in the future. Both tems played well please do not make that one incident of poor judgement take away from the sport that kids play for fun. 

[quote name="olddadt49" post="1268309" timestamp="1347460874"]
You don't know me. I was not boasting. I went to watch a game being played by children. I dont even care about wins or losses in that age group. There is too much stress in that. I only care that  the children have fun and don't get hurt. You dont even know what team I was there to see. I only stated what was on the scoreboard at the end of the game. I did not intend to hurt your or anyone else's feelings about children playing a game. Also I did not know about the team's structure. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
[/quote]
No big deal, just having a little fun....

[quote name="Gusher" post="1268314" timestamp="1347461119"]
[quote author=getripped link=topic=102874.msg1268110#msg1268110 date=1347419074]
[quote author=olddadt49 link=topic=102874.msg1268018#msg1268018 date=1347413940]
[/quote]
  The cheap shot on the punter was on a kid that just turned 12
[/quote]The player was flagged and asked to sit out the rest of the game. Coaches counseled the kid and I am sure he understands fully what he needs to do in the future. Both tems played well please do not make that one incident of poor judgement take away from the sport that kids play for fun.
nice way of putting it, but  the player was ejected from the game by the official for a flagrant personal foul for taking a cheap shot at the punter.  We know that your coaches don't promote or coach these tactics, but it was what it was.  I hate it for both kids that the incident occured.  You have a good team and they are aggressive players and it showed on the field. Good luck, I think your kids will do well this season! 

• 2 weeks later...
Central had a good team this year St Annes lost a great class last year . At the end of the day the speed of central skill positions killed us. The kid that touch a cheap on the punter 40yds away after the whistle while the punter was walking to the sidelines i dont know what to say about that. Everyone in Southeast Texas knows St Annes will play anybody anywhere and we have beat great teams and we take our losses but we do it with class. With that being said being up 30-0 right before halftime and calling a timeout to score again is absolutely ridiculous. Its great Central finally beat St Annes yalls team is very talented but act like you have been there before.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder