Kirbyville Wildcats Fan Discussion (Idiots need not apply)

kville

I wanted to start a thread about how the team looks so far and see what others think. Please dont start posting stupid crap about "how dem catz guna beet dat az"!
I personally have had about my fill of that already this year. Also if your not a Kirbyville fan....Fine. There are so many great teams in the area to support (including yours) just go discuss them on one of thier threads or start a new one. Everytime a thread gets started the idiots take over and very little real discussion takes place. Lets see how this goes.

Coach Washington. What do you think? I like a coach that gets fired up!
Its good to see Henson doing so well at QB. He has a couple of recievers making big catches and he seems to be improving every week. It could make a big difference for us.
I would like to see them move Sexton to the backfield. Everytime he touches the ball things seem to happen. He fights for every yard. I could be wrong but I dont remember him ever being hurt and I think we have to have someone who is 100% in that spot. Maybe if their were improvements in the front line Jacko would nt get knocked around so much. AND  We have a kicker! Way to go Youth Soccer.

[quote name="kville68" post="1266334" timestamp="1347234944"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102867.msg1266323#msg1266323 date=1347234261]
where did that kicker come from??  :o
[/quote]

Whole big family of soccer players Buddy. The youngest is only about 6. We might have a family dynasty of kickers coming through.
[/quote] Did the UIL approve this?  ;)

Bout time yall found a kicker instead of giving it the ole Jack goes for 2pt play again.  8)

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1266343" timestamp="1347235353"]
[quote author=kville68 link=topic=102867.msg1266334#msg1266334 date=1347234944]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=102867.msg1266323#msg1266323 date=1347234261]
where did that kicker come from??  :o
[/quote]

Whole big family of soccer players Buddy. The youngest is only about 6. We might have a family dynasty of kickers coming through.
[/quote] Did the UIL approve this?  ;)

Bout time yall found a kicker instead of giving it the ole Jack goes for 2pt play again.  8)
[/quote]

This is true!

[quote name="incognito" post="1266322" timestamp="1347234134"]
Washington had big shoes to step into. Kville I believe has something to build own with the players you mentioned, that being said they have some tough games coming up in district.
[/quote]Whose shoes did he have to fill?  Compared to last year it's a major upgrade.  If you are referring to previous years, then yes I agree.  I think killed is headed in the right direction.  This week will be tough.  Jasper is much improved with Coach Barbay at the helm, however the kats play jasper tough.  It will be a good game.  Final tuneup before district starts in 2 weeks.  All the district games will be tough and whoever stays healthy will grab the 3 spots. Good luck Kats!!!!!

Qb looks smart..improving alot on the move..good sideways feet movement...needs to stay in pocket a little longer sometimes and trust the receivers.

Receivers will improve if they can keep jacko on the field and receivers dont have to move around as much.  Cooper has great hands and alwsys seems to find the opening.  You dont have to have the fastest receivers you can do as well with smart ones.  Oh and receivers gotta block better....too much standing around away from play.

Ive noticed all backs are dancing in the backfiekd too much...not just jacko but esp jacko...your not ford!  Run the dang ball!  Hit the hole and find north.. Red coming back will help and i think surprise some folks how good he is.

Oline been moving people around i see..ive seen better inprovment past few weeks but still soft...boys not huge but they are stout and id like to see them play a little bigger and dirtier!

Defense will get better each week if they stay healthy.  Coach w is the real deal!!!!!!  Breed coming back and return of brooks to lb spots will improve the d alot!

Im very impressed with the improvments ive seen the past two weeks overall.  Keep up the hard work boys and keeping getting better.  We are very pround of our wildcats and looking forward to proving some people wrong!

[quote name="bulldog16" post="1266432" timestamp="1347242349"]
[quote author=incognito link=topic=102867.msg1266322#msg1266322 date=1347234134]
Washington had big shoes to step into. Kville I believe has something to build own with the players you mentioned, that being said they have some tough games coming up in district.
[/quote]Whose shoes did he have to fill?  Compared to last year it's a major upgrade.  If you are referring to previous years, then yes I agree.  I think killed is headed in the right direction.  This week will be tough.  Jasper is much improved with Coach Barbay at the helm, however the kats play jasper tough.  It will be a good game.  Final tuneup before district starts in 2 weeks.  All the district games will be tough and whoever stays healthy will grab the 3 spots. Good luck Kats!!!!!

[/quote]

I was refering to Coach Alvarez.

First of all, I'm very excited we have a kicker, and a good QB in Henson. Henson seemed on target most of time with several big plays. The recievers seem to be good and getting better every week....so this takes alot of pressure off of the RBs, the spot with the most injuries, Heywood, Hughey, and Jacko once he started carring the rock some. The pass made the difference and they did a great job.  ;) Now from here it gets tougher. I look them to sit out the injured, take advantage of the bye week, then focus on dist. play. I personally see this team really making a good go of it,  :o if they can avoid more injuries... any updates on Jacko's elbow injury from late in the Buna game? :-\

[quote name="incognito" post="1267020" timestamp="1347322577"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102867.msg1267016#msg1267016 date=1347322354]
Kirbyville looking soo much better since the Cleveland game. I think they will start peaking come district time :)
[/quote]

Lets just hope the keep their cloths.... :D
[/quote] Hahahaha...you wrong! :)

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1267016" timestamp="1347322354"]
Kirbyville looking soo much better since the Cleveland game. I think they will start peaking come district time :)
[/quote]
Since the Cleveland game?  You mean last week against a turnover happy Buna team?  That is the only since Cleveland that exists.  Boy, boy....never ceases to amaze me... Good try kville 68, but your thread title just didn't work. 
On another note...I watched Jasper last week and they are quite an impressive team.  They are by no means polished and a jacked up Wildcat crew could give them problems.  I expect it to be a good battle between these 2 HWY 96 residents.

Kirbyville has stepped up there game along way since last year and since Cleveland. Henson is doing a great job as the QB. It seems like he much have gotten the gitters out and is finally settling in. Sexton of course has always been a play maker and should be in the back field more often. With Haywood out right now it's a great idea for him to get more touches in the game. I'm really impressed with the defense being as hard hitting and aggressive as they are. They don't have a lot of size but do have a lot of heart

[quote name="bruno994" post="1267552" timestamp="1347380812"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=102867.msg1267016#msg1267016 date=1347322354]
[/quote]
Since the Cleveland game?  You mean last week against a turnover happy Buna team?  That is the only since Cleveland that exists.  Boy, boy....never ceases to amaze me... Good try kville 68, but your thread title just didn't work. 
On another note...I watched Jasper last week and they are quite an impressive team.  They are by no means polished and a jacked up Wildcat crew could give them problems.  I expect it to be a good battle between these 2 HWY 96 residents.
[/quote] Kirbyville caused them turnovers and #32 was gasping for air after getting punished by the Wildcats defense...nice try Bruno994.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="1267904" timestamp="1347404548"]
[quote author=bruno994 link=topic=102867.msg1267552#msg1267552 date=1347380812]
[/quote]
[/quote] Kirbyville caused them turnovers and #32 was gasping for air after getting punished by the Wildcats defense...nice try Bruno994.
[/quote]

your team is not as good as you think they are and Newton, Kountze, and East Chambers will prove my point bra

I think Kirbyville will have a good year,we do have a Kicker a Quaterback, receivers and when the backs get heeled up, we should have a decent year. Have always liked being the underdog, what have you go to lose. If you lose you should have and if you win then all the better. Plus its high school ball you never know what could happen. I always enjoy the Jasper game it is a battle no matter if one team is better than the other. We do have alot to work on, but that is what these early games are for to work the kinks out, makes no difference in the district run. I am ready to get into the new district and see what happens. Alot of good teams should be some good ball. And man that number 32 for Buna that is a big man that can move like he does, Glad to see that our defense could stop him. The first Buna touchdown was a fluke on a fumble ran for what about 40 to 50 yards, look more like a incomplete pass to me, but it is what it is other than that they had the one drive, the spread still kills us in example Cleveland, hope they get that ironed out. and if the one catch was made for a touchdown by Kville could have been a 2 and 0 start for us. but again it is what it is. Come on Cats lets do this!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder