Hardin-Jefferson at Anahuac Game Thread/Anahuac wins 22-19!

[quote name="Anafanatic" post="1257390" timestamp="1346471783"]
Got to give HJ credit, they fought back and I just knew they'd kick a FG to tie...but they went for the win; great job AP on the stop @ the 2yd line!!!  I'm not sure if it's because I haven't watched a game in a while, but that was some of the hardest hitting I've seen in years...both teams!

The injured Panther hauled away in the ambulance is Martice Henry and I'm assuming it's some sort of neck injury, no official word yet, but please keep him in your prayers.

Congratulations to my Panthers on starting the season with a win, and hats off to the Hawks for a gutty performance.  Good luck to both teams next week!

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Glad to see HJ go for the win but disappointed they didn't get it.  Who really wants to settle for a tie that forces overtime in a game from week 0? 

[quote name="bmrm" post="1257571" timestamp="1346477470"]
[quote author=Anafanatic link=topic=102360.msg1257390#msg1257390 date=1346471783]
Got to give HJ credit, they fought back and I just knew they'd kick a FG to tie...but they went for the win; great job AP on the stop @ the 2yd line!!!  I'm not sure if it's because I haven't watched a game in a while, but that was some of the hardest hitting I've seen in years...both teams!

The injured Panther hauled away in the ambulance is Martice Henry and I'm assuming it's some sort of neck injury, no official word yet, but please keep him in your prayers.

Congratulations to my Panthers on starting the season with a win, and hats off to the Hawks for a gutty performance.  Good luck to both teams next week!

[img]http://www.pic4ever.com/images/47b20s0.gif[/img]
[/quote]

Glad to see HJ go for the win but disappointed they didn't get it.  Who really wants to settle for a tie that forces overtime in a game from week 0?
[/quote]

I would agree. Going for the win instead of overtime in a non-district game isn't too big of a deal. I think HJ did it because they weren't moving the ball on offense this game and their touchdowns came from defense and special teams. Way to battle HJ, great effort and heart to continue fighting till the last second. Prayers to the anahuac kid as well

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin