Battle of Baytown- who you got

I'll be pulling for RSS...two things though:

First, is it a losing streak? I thought Sterling won 2 years ago and lost last year, but could be mistaken.

Second, do away with REL??? Is GCCISD even considering that? If they have then that is the first I have heard of it.

[quote name="sahen" post="1255865" timestamp="1346426465"]

First, is it a losing streak? I thought Sterling won 2 years ago and lost last year, but could be mistaken.

Second, do away with REL??? Is GCCISD even considering that? If they have then that is the first I have heard of it.
[/quote]
It is just something I have been hearing. Many rumors but I have said on here that I think Lee will be gone within 5 - 10 years and there will be a 2 school system again

Just my opinion tho

Not a losing streak to Lee, thats just one but RSS has lost 15 games in a row according to the Barbers Hill Sun.

I think RSS will win, they have some good soph skill players that in 7th and 8th great won big including easily whipping BH, just not sure if they are ready for Friday nights yet. I cant remember the last time LEE had any talent feeding in from the Jr High system.

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1255868" timestamp="1346426598"]
[quote author=sahen link=topic=102310.msg1255865#msg1255865 date=1346426465]

[/quote]
It is just something I have been hearing. Many rumors but I have said on here that I think Lee will be gone within 5 - 10 years and there will be a 2 school system again

Just my opinion tho
[/quote]

oh ok...interesting thought...seems like there is too much history at REL for them to do away with it completely....i would be shocked if that happened, but who knows with the way things are going...at one point when i was in school they were about to merge Sterling and Lee then a couple years later they decided to just make a 3rd school...they seem to have wide swings on what they plan to do...

[quote name="joebob" post="1255875" timestamp="1346427005"]
Not a losing streak to Lee, thats just one but RSS has lost 15 games in a row according to the Barbers Hill Sun. [/quote]

oh...that streak...yah hopefully the Rangers can get out of that...

[quote name="sahen" post="1255882" timestamp="1346427166"]
[quote author=Eagle11 link=topic=102310.msg1255868#msg1255868 date=1346426598]
[quote author=sahen link=topic=102310.msg1255865#msg1255865 date=1346426465]

[/quote]

Just my opinion tho
[/quote]

oh ok...interesting thought...seems like there is too much history at REL for them to do away with it completely....i would be shocked if that happened, but who knows with the way things are going...at one point when i was in school they were about to merge Sterling and Lee then a couple years later they decided to just make a 3rd school...they seem to have wide swings on what they plan to do...
[/quote]
They should have combined Lee and RSS in 86 when Lee burned.......too many older folks still whining about having to preserve Lee.

If Baytown wants to be competitive they need to go to one school. Talent is way too spread out now

Guest UHCoog14
Paint the town blue. Ross is Boss.

Heard Lee's backup QB broke his leg so their #3 QB will start tonight.

Probably be one more year of "The Game", then it's going away.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1255907" timestamp="1346428199"]

[b]Probably be one more year of "The Game", then it's going away[/b].
[/quote]
That is so sad Pats......you are right though. You and I are probably from around the same era at REL and RSS. I remember growing up from elementary through high school, all week long talking smack back and forth.

Baytown shut down for this game.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Eagle11" post="1255914" timestamp="1346428428"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=102310.msg1255907#msg1255907 date=1346428199]

[b]Probably be one more year of "The Game", then it's going away[/b].
[/quote]
That is so sad Pats......you are right though. You and I are probably from around the same era at REL and RSS. I remember growing up from elementary through high school, all week long talking smack back and forth.

Baytown shut down for this game.
[/quote]

We talked about those days this morning. They are long gone, but man were they fun!

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="Eagle11" post="1255944" timestamp="1346429455"]
One game I will never forget from my years at Lee......REL and LaPorte in '79 in the Dome

LP, in my opinion, had the best high school backfield ever assembled on that team.
[/quote]

That was a heck of a game. Dippel was a monster.

[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1255965" timestamp="1346430678"]
Heck, I remember Sterling having a TE that was around 6'5" 250 or 260 in 1991. I think his name was Michael Hendricks. I played DE at WB and went against him. Last I heard he got a scholarship to Florida St and got stuck bu lightning. If thats was true thats a sad deal. Kid was a monster.
[/quote]
Yes.......he was an athlete. It happened before he ever got to Florida State if I remember right

[quote name="Eagle11" post="1255969" timestamp="1346430861"]
[quote author=TradinUp BH link=topic=102310.msg1255965#msg1255965 date=1346430678]
Heck, I remember Sterling having a TE that was around 6'5" 250 or 260 in 1991. I think his name was Michael Hendricks. I played DE at WB and went against him. Last I heard he got a scholarship to Florida St and got stuck bu lightning. If thats was true thats a sad deal. Kid was a monster.
[/quote]
Yes.......he was an athlete. It happened before he ever got to Florida State if I remember right
[/quote]
Thanks. What a shame.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="TradinUp BH" post="1255965" timestamp="1346430678"]
[/quote]

He was electrocuted on an HL&P tower in what is now Eastpoint on Garth Rd. Kids had climbed that thing numerous times before, for whatever reasons, he just made a fatal mistake and "closed the circuit" so to say.

Heck of a ball player. He was on track to start at FSU as a true freshman.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/1992-09-13/sports/9209130317_1_hendricks-baytown-fsu-coach-bobby

If that is true about the backup qb breaking his leg, Lee is in trouble.
If Zellars were playing, I would feel comfortable in Lee scoring on Sterling, with Leonce, not quite as sure, with Willie at qb it's a crapshoot.  Willie can't throw, but he can certainly run the ball.

If he is starting, then I would expect a whole lot of running the ball, which they should still be able to do with some degree of success, and then chucking it up to Gilbert every once in a while.

Lee had a lot of talent fed to them from the junior highs as recently as five years ago.  The opening of GCM cut that off completely.  Lee used to get most of Baytown Junior and a good portion of Cedar Bayou, along with most of HM.  Sterling would get virtually all of Gentry and Highlands and a little of the other three mixed in.  Giving Sterling the Cedar Bayou kids should have been the turning point.  Sterling has kids on the squad now that should be able to get them to respectability.  We will see what they can do.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder