How many 14 year old select teams are in the area?

The following are the teams I am aware of (in no particular order):
1.  Gladiator Baseball (Beaumont),
2.  Gulf Coast Storm (Orange),
3.  Demolition Baseball (Orange),
4.  Prospects Baseball (Mid County),
5.  Xtreme Baseball (Anahuac),
6.  Franchise (Hardin County),
7.  Louisiana Prospects (Moss Bluff/Westlake), and
8.  Bullet Baseball (Lake Charles, La).

I know the Gladiator's have already posted their tryout, and most of the rest should post soon.  As they continue to post I wish you the best of luck on finding a team.

That rumor is true.  A 14U Sun Devil Premier team is being formed.  It will be run on the same principles as the older Sun Devil showcase teams.  If interested call Matt Thompson @ 409-553-6536.

For those don't know, the Sun Devil organization is nationally known for producing quality players that showcase their skills in Perfect Game Tournaments across the country, most notably in the East Cobb, GA and Jupiter, FL World Wooden Bat Championships (WWBC).  It was started by Chip Ferguson and has been a gateway for many young men for an opportunity to play at an higher level after High School.  Chip Ferguson has passed the reins of the organization over to Matt Thompson who has been the Head Coach of the Sun Devils organization since its conception in 2006.  As of now, he will have a 14U Premier team and a 17U Showcase team.

The following is just my opinion,  Forming a new team is something that is thought of, but it gets harder the older the boys get.  The majority of the tournaments are somewhere other than the Golden Triangle.  Marauder Park has some, but that is it locally.  Plus, to be competitive, you have got to have pitching.  Well, as the teams get funneled down, pitching is at a premium.  Younger teams are more participative, and having just an athlete can get you through.  As they get older though, skills and abilities are a necessity.  Additionally, you get into practice facilities as they get older.  You have to have a larger field, and you really need an indoor cage to work the team out and get ready for the season.  You have really got to have committed parents in addition to the boys.  It is a long season, and having to travel plays havoc on families and finances.  Additionally, when the boys were younger everyone got to play.  It is hard for a family to pay upwards of $150 a month, and have their youngster sit for tournaments at a time.  My opinion is, the older they get, the more you see the funnel working.  Those that are really interested will find a place to play.  Best of luck to those out there.

[quote name="sportsman04" post="1254595" timestamp="1346336956"]
Not sure if the Demo is staying together or not, they have lost[a few of their best players to team mizzuno.....Prospects Baseball is having their 14U tryout September 23.....All official info will be posted soon....Also, same day the 13U team will be trying out
[/quote]

when and how did you find out about the 14u tryouts?,My son was playing on the 13u team when the spring season ended,and we haven't heard anything from anyone about, who the 14u coach is gonna be or tryout dates or anything?

Ok people. I am growing tired of all of the talk about 14u Demolition Baseball not having a team. There are two kids off of my team from last year playing fall ball with Mizuno Select. Any other of my players want to play fall ball, they are more than welcomed to to try and better themselves. So unless you know the real deal, it's wise to keep quiet. But, EVERYBODY has a right to voice opinions. So again... DEMOLITION BASEBALL WILL BE IN FULL SWING IN THE SPRING! I will post tryouts soon. So if you want to play with us, please keep your eyes posted for the Spring tryout soon. To the current Demo family: DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE! COACH ROD WILL JUST AS PASSIONATE AS EVER FOR THE 14U DEMO NEXT YEAR! Sportsman04 has no clue what's he's talking about. Thank you for your time, COACH Roderick Robertson

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin