If your team changed its mascot ?

[quote name="raidernaytion" post="1252813" timestamp="1346101412"]
Thanks for killing another thread PN-G bamakid
[/quote]

Who said the thread was dead? Buddy's still going with it.

My only arguably off-topic post in this thread was a response to another PN-G fan that didn't involve you at all. You decided to respond to my post and we carried on a conversation. Granted, it went off on a tangent from the original thread topic, but you're the one who chose to pursue that topic and now you're the one who's deciding to continue it by trying (and really failing) to make insults. I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of nothing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree bama...no worries, no matter what is said in a thread in which PNG is brought up, someone is bound to think we are over taking the thread & turning it into a PNG Thread. Funny thing is, its never us...PNG envy much? LOL

Now, back to what i said originally, I agree this WONT HAPPEN, but in this hypothetical thread of what ifs and Vidorians trying to cross the river from Orange County to Jefferson County I thought it would be a fun and different approach to renaming teams.

[quote name="ScalpEm24" post="1252841" timestamp="1346103731"]
I agree bama...no worries, no matter what is said in a thread in which PNG is brought up, someone is bound to think we are over taking the thread & turning it into a PNG Thread. Funny thing is, its never us...PNG envy much? LOL

Now, back to what i said originally, I agree this WONT HAPPEN, but in this hypothetical thread of what ifs and Vidorians trying to cross the river from Orange County to Jefferson County I thought it would be a fun and different approach to renaming teams.
[/quote]

Some people, right?

It does put an interesting spin on things. If "Indians" as a team name was absolutely out of the question, I think the Tri-City Tigers or Tri-City Tornadoes would be pretty cool. But if we went with a tiger for a mascot, I just couldn't support purple and gold as the school colors anymore. ;D

Also, if it were Mid-County High instead of Tri-City High, it would be cool to be the Mid-County Marauders.

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1252616" timestamp="1346089197"]
The Port Neches-Groves ...

Why the ellipsis points? Because that's about as far as anyone would get before being stoned to death in the stadium. ;D
[/quote]

I actually did get rocks thrown at me in Port Neches one time. I was spending the week at my aunt's house one summer. I wore a Thomas Jefferson Yellow Jacket replica jersey one day. About three boys from the neighborhood started calling me names and throwing rocks at me. Didn't call the cops or go on tv crying about the bullies, just threw rocks back ... lol .... Oh the good ole' days ....

[quote name="PN-G bamakid" post="1252790" timestamp="1346099902"]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=102127.msg1252778#msg1252778 date=1346098986]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102127.msg1252756#msg1252756 date=1346097614]
[quote author=ScalpEm24 link=topic=102127.msg1252731#msg1252731 date=1346095733]
Uproar to ensue...  :o

I always thought since both ISD's in Mid County can't seem to do much w/ their prospective issues at hand, the day would come that the 2 ISD's could combine & make one solid ISD.

Tri-City ISD

School: Tri-City High School
Mascot: Cherokee
Colors: Black & Purple & Silver

Gotta keep the Indian theme for the ability to keep Cherokee. I mean let's be realistic anyway, Nederland folks know Cherokee is by far a better fight song.

School Colors.. Black from Ned, Purple from PNG, Silver as the new color (Silver is a good medium between Gold & white)

Can you imagine the teams that could be put together? My guess, the kids wouldn't care a bit once they got used to it. The parents?? Well we know that's another story. Although, I must say there are quite a few parents out there for both sides that one spouse went to the rival school. So that hatred can't run that deep. LOL. Something to think about for sure...
[/quote]

Won't happen.

But I will say this much. If it ever did happen (and it won't), I would much rather see purple and gold. Even though I hate any sort of LSU imitation and that would kind of be a slap in the face to Lincoln graduates in the area, I think that looks a lot better than purple and black. I do think we would need to keep the Indian mascot (I know most of the Nederland fans would have a heart attack) because of the official ties to the Cherokee tribe. You don't just give up that kind of unique relationship. Besides, American Indians actually inhabited Mid-County, so it showcases the area's history.
[/quote]

American Indians inhabited all of America not just the middle of Jefferson county and cherokees never got close to this area + our local indians were cannibals and lived mostly in the bessie heights region of modern day vidor > just look at all the pottery up the river in vidor at low tide
[/quote]

I know the Cherokee never got close to this area. I was referring to the Chief of the Cherokee Nation presenting PN-G with his official seal, a certificate proclaiming the high school grounds as an honorary addition to the Cherokee reservation and a letter granting the high school the specific right to use the team name "Indians" in 1980.

There were Indian settlements in the Mid-County area, mostly Karankawa and Attakapa. The last excavation of old Indian burial mounds took place in Port Neches Park only about a decade ago. That's considered an integral part of the history of the area and the proximity of their settlements to the old high school was the primary factor in the selection of "Indians" as the then-Port Neches High School football team name in 1925.
[/quote]

Well if some old dude sending me love notes and digging holes in my back yard causes me to dance around like the village people, NO thank you.  I'd rather sit on my porch at 60 yrs old and bark like a DOG when a high school kid scores a TD.  I mean really, where your common sense in all this?  ;) 

Guest KHS 89
[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1253076" timestamp="1346156623"]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102127.msg1252790#msg1252790 date=1346099902]
[quote author=raidernaytion link=topic=102127.msg1252778#msg1252778 date=1346098986]
[quote author=PN-G bamakid link=topic=102127.msg1252756#msg1252756 date=1346097614]
[quote author=ScalpEm24 link=topic=102127.msg1252731#msg1252731 date=1346095733]

I always thought since both ISD's in Mid County can't seem to do much w/ their prospective issues at hand, the day would come that the 2 ISD's could combine & make one solid ISD.

Tri-City ISD

Colors: Black & Purple & Silver

Gotta keep the Indian theme for the ability to keep Cherokee. I mean let's be realistic anyway, Nederland folks know Cherokee is by far a better fight song.

School Colors.. Black from Ned, Purple from PNG, Silver as the new color (Silver is a good medium between Gold & white)

Can you imagine the teams that could be put together? My guess, the kids wouldn't care a bit once they got used to it. The parents?? Well we know that's another story. Although, I must say there are quite a few parents out there for both sides that one spouse went to the rival school. So that hatred can't run that deep. LOL. Something to think about for sure...
[/quote]

Won't happen.

But I will say this much. If it ever did happen (and it won't), I would much rather see purple and gold. Even though I hate any sort of LSU imitation and that would kind of be a slap in the face to Lincoln graduates in the area, I think that looks a lot better than purple and black. I do think we would need to keep the Indian mascot (I know most of the Nederland fans would have a heart attack) because of the official ties to the Cherokee tribe. You don't just give up that kind of unique relationship. Besides, American Indians actually inhabited Mid-County, so it showcases the area's history.
[/quote]

American Indians inhabited all of America not just the middle of Jefferson county and cherokees never got close to this area + our local indians were cannibals and lived mostly in the bessie heights region of modern day vidor > just look at all the pottery up the river in vidor at low tide
[/quote]

I know the Cherokee never got close to this area. I was referring to the Chief of the Cherokee Nation presenting PN-G with his official seal, a certificate proclaiming the high school grounds as an honorary addition to the Cherokee reservation and a letter granting the high school the specific right to use the team name "Indians" in 1980.

There were Indian settlements in the Mid-County area, mostly Karankawa and Attakapa. The last excavation of old Indian burial mounds took place in Port Neches Park only about a decade ago. That's considered an integral part of the history of the area and the proximity of their settlements to the old high school was the primary factor in the selection of "Indians" as the then-Port Neches High School football team name in 1925.
[/quote]

[b]Well if some old dude sending me love notes and digging holes in my back yard causes me to dance around like the village people, NO thank you.  I'd rather sit on my porch at 60 yrs old and bark like a DOG when a high school kid scores a TD.[/b]  I mean really, where your common sense in all this?  ;)
[/quote]

Yet, instead...  year after year, you are sitting in the basketball stands after a first round exit from the football playoffs watching an Eagle in a pink tutu dribble a ball thinking about what should, could or would have been.  ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1253076" timestamp="1346156623"]
Well if some old dude sending me love notes and digging holes in my back yard causes me to dance around like the village people, NO thank you.  I'd rather sit on my porch at 60 yrs old and bark like a DOG when a high school kid scores a TD.  I mean really, where your common sense in all this?  ;)
[/quote]

I guess you're qualified to make that decision after all the barking and Cherokee you've heard after all the touchdowns BH has given up to the MC teams. Besides, you've had a lot of time to think about it. It's not like you've been going to many playoff games. ;) ;D

My Spanish has always sucked, but I guess y'all's new name is: Las Aguilas de la Cuesta Hormiga

[quote name="ScalpEm24" post="1252731" timestamp="1346095733"]

[b]Tri-City ISD

Colors: Black & Purple & Silver[/b]

[/quote]

Let's see, PNG wants to keep the same mascot, keep Cherokee as the fight song and keep the purple and then change the gold of Nederland to silver? Nederland then only gets to add black to what already basically exists for PNG?

I think the delusional fan thread was a few days ago...........

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1253168" timestamp="1346166558"]
this is a no-brainer...and carryover from another forum...

The Barbers Hill Fightin' Barbies...

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/fatmac1024/bhb.png[/img]

[IMG]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/fatmac1024/fightingbarbies.png[/img]
[/quote]This! ^^^^  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder