Best Post Player in The Area

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="uandme08" post="1253259" timestamp="1346175367"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=102086.msg1253171#msg1253171 date=1346167065]
oH oH! Need to add another 6'4" to Ozen's list. He didn't transfer to "that other school" as some others wanted him to.
[/quote]
Are you referring to who we spoke about?
[/quote]Nah, he was at Ozen last year. But I'm glad he's staying.

You stop Weisbrod by taking away his right and staying on the ground.  He will spin and spin and spin again, but he will eventually end up to the right.  He's truly about 6'2 to 6'3 so a good defender ought to be able to stay on the ground to affect his shot.  Just my opinion. 

He is the best post player in the area, though.  Best overall player, as well.

[quote name="PaBees" post="1259165" timestamp="1346633963"]
You stop Weisbrod by taking away his right and staying on the ground.  He will spin and spin and spin again, but he will eventually end up to the right.  He's truly about 6'2 to 6'3 so a good defender ought to be able to stay on the ground to affect his shot.  Just my opinion. 

[/quote]Dang PaBees, I didn't want any Central people knowing this, now its out ;)

[quote name="PaBees" post="1259165" timestamp="1346633963"]

[/quote]

If you think it is fairly easy to stop him, how can you follow up by saying he is the best post player in the area and maybe best overall as well?  I have the feeling if you "take away his right" to solidly, he is smart enough to make you pay on the other side.

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1259184" timestamp="1346635255"]
[quote author=PaBees link=topic=102086.msg1259165#msg1259165 date=1346633963]

[/quote]

If you think it is fairly easy to stop him, how can you follow up by saying he is the best post player in the area and maybe best overall as well?  I have the feeling if you "take away his right" to solidly, he is smart enough to make you pay on the other side.
[/quote]
Any player can be stopped a few times, but in a 32 minute game, I think Weisbrod (6'4" BTW) wins more battles than he loses. I'm sure he will have games where he struggles, but that's when the Nederland guards get hot from 3 land. Their precise shooting makes him that much better.

[quote name="PaBees" post="1260231" timestamp="1346776161"]
He plays hard and he's crafty and he's physical.  That's why he's the area's best basketball player.  And I never said it is easy to stop him, but it is simple.  Defense, especially post defense, is somewhat lost in this area. 

Now the real question is does anyone know how to stop his dad?
[/quote]

[quote name="PaBees" post="1260231" timestamp="1346776161"]
He plays hard and he's crafty and he's physical.  That's why he's the area's best basketball player.  And I never said it is easy to stop him, but it is simple.  Defense, especially post defense, is somewhat lost in this area. 

[/quote]

Let me see if I understand you again.  First you said that stopping him was not difficult but he was the best basketball player in the area. 

Now you say it's not easy to stop him but it's simple?

HMMMMM

[quote name="Stevenash" post="1260334" timestamp="1346783075"]
[quote author=PaBees link=topic=102086.msg1260231#msg1260231 date=1346776161]

[/quote]

Let me see if I understand you again.  First you said that stopping him was not difficult but he was the best basketball player in the area. 

HMMMMM
[/quote] I 'd hate to face you being a prosecutor.  8)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1260343" timestamp="1346783868"]
[quote author=Stevenash link=topic=102086.msg1260334#msg1260334 date=1346783075]
[quote author=PaBees link=topic=102086.msg1260231#msg1260231 date=1346776161]

[/quote]

HMMMMM
[/quote] I 'd hate to face you being a prosecutor.  8)
[/quote]

Don't worry, Dove.  I will never demand that you mean whatever you say.

Nash, I'm seeing first hand how you and DickieV ruin most threads on here.  Maybe its not as much his fault as I originally thought.  You guys invented the game of basketball out there in Sour Lake so what I'm about to say will probably be old news to you, but I'll say it anyway.

Defense is played by staying between your man (or the ball) and the goal.  That means when a player has a tendency to go right and a tendency to pump fake, a good defender will take that into account and stay on the ground.  Nothing about that is a difficult concept, yet not many high school basketball players do that consistently.  Therefore, it is simple.  I never said the kid was easy to stop.

Then again, what do I know about basketball?  I don't even have that many posts on an internet message board!

[quote name="PaBees" post="1260369" timestamp="1346786356"]
Nash, I'm seeing first hand how you and DickieV ruin most threads on here.  Maybe its not as much his fault as I originally thought.  You guys invented the game of basketball out there in Sour Lake so what I'm about to say will probably be old news to you, but I'll say it anyway.

Defense is played by staying between your man (or the ball) and the goal.  That means when a player has a tendency to go right and a tendency to pump fake, a good defender will take that into account and stay on the ground.  Nothing about that is a difficult concept, yet not many high school basketball players do that consistently.  Therefore, it is simple.  I never said the kid was easy to stop.

Then again, what do I know about basketball?  I don't even have that many posts on an internet message board!
[/quote]

I dont claim ( and never have) to have some magical knowledge about basketball that every other enthusiast doesnt already have.  In case you havent noticed, this is an opinion board and therefore, I am as entitled to my opinion as you are to yours.  By the way, if you understand the tendency to pump fake( that you seem to think is not understood in Sour Lake), does that mean after one pump fake has been given that the defender should go after the next effort or does he stay on the ground?( if my memory is correct, Oscar often took his shot after two or three pump fakes)  I further suggest to you that if these "tendencies" are sufficiently discovered and the  various defenders apply your theory, an intelligent player will attempt to exploit what the defense is "giving".  I happen to believe Mr. Weisbrod is more than capable of recognizing what is being "given" and will take advantage of it if the "other side" is being overplayed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BmtTopFlight2017
OZEN is going to surprise some of you with the height theyll be able to put on the floor. Won't say how I know just know that they have at least 6 players over 6'4". As far as the comment they won't be playing much well you'll get to see first hand for yourself. Oh and 20-4a should be scared as hell because even though Ozen is so called young the players have been busting their @$$3$ to shut the critics up. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.PERIOD...

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BmtTopFlight2017" post="1273959" timestamp="1347852030"]
OZEN is going to surprise some of you with the height theyll be able to put on the floor. Won't say how I know just know that they have at least 6 players over 6'4". As far as the comment they won't be playing much well you'll get to see first hand for yourself. Oh and 20-4a should be scared as heck because even though Ozen is so called young the players have been busting their @$$3$ to shut the critics up. [b]Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.PERIOD...[/b][/quote]

WOW! Another philosopher from the Pear Orchard.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1274002" timestamp="1347861907"]
[quote author=BmtTopFlight2017 link=topic=102086.msg1273959#msg1273959 date=1347852030]
OZEN is going to surprise some of you with the height theyll be able to put on the floor. Won't say how I know just know that they have at least 6 players over 6'4". As far as the comment they won't be playing much well you'll get to see first hand for yourself. Oh and 20-4a should be scared as heck because even though Ozen is so called young the players have been busting their @$$3$ to shut the critics up. [b]Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.PERIOD...[/b][/quote]

WOW! Another philosopher from the Pear Orchard.
[/quote]LoL!

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1277516" timestamp="1348244414"]
ahhh.

all the bigs now wanta play point forward.....shoot the 3 and cross over

finding a big like, Hakeem, Robinson, Shaq, Howard, Ewing, Barkley (though not a big by height, but played like a big man) Kareem, etc.......  few and far between.  almost a dying breed.
[/quote] YES!!! They all want to play point forward and stay out from under the goal- too rough I guess. ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kush1298
    Newest Member
    kush1298