LaPorte/Pearland Dawson Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1251049" timestamp="1345914873"]
I got an update about 45 minutes in that neither team had scored.
Can you give us some more details?
[/quote]I wasn't able to attend. Sounds--from feedback--like the practice with PD was a good exercise for both teams with LP being able to play 2's and others significant time to check depth. D sounds as advertised. Sounds like the replacement LB's were a smooth transition. Personally, I was slightly concerned about this area losing so much experience. Run game seems on point. New QB did fine, but still needs more time to get used to game speed. Apparently, showed the skills necessary to add another dimension to LP's attack. Don't know score. Don't care. It was an evaluation/practice game. No significant injuries. Sounds like a good scrimmage for both.

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1251067" timestamp="1345916674"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=102003.msg1251049#msg1251049 date=1345914873]
[/quote]I wasn't able to attend. Sounds--from feedback--like the practice with PD was a good exercise for both teams with LP being able to play 2's and others significant time to check depth. D sounds as advertised. Sounds like the replacement LB's were a smooth transition. Personally, I was slightly concerned about this area losing so much experience. Run game seems on point. New QB did fine, but still needs more time to get used to game speed. Apparently, showed the skills necessary to add another dimension to LP's attack. Don't know score. Don't care. It was an evaluation/practice game. No significant injuries. Sounds like a good scrimmage for both.
[/quote]

Sounds like another poster from another site.... Wasn't able to attend, but feedback seems to be pretty positive. I--personally--was slightly worried about LB play on D. Sounds like the transition was made without a hitch. Pearland Dawson was a good opponent for a scrimmage. Good squad. I understand no significant injuries. Good news. Hard-hitting. Good news. Understand the run game was on point. Understand the QB is still getting used to game speed, but had some good throws.

Sounds to me like D, run game on point. QB has the skills necessary to add another dimension. No significant injuries.

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1251239" timestamp="1345935738"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102003.msg1251067#msg1251067 date=1345916674]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=102003.msg1251049#msg1251049 date=1345914873]
[/quote]

Sounds like another poster from another site.... Wasn't able to attend, but feedback seems to be pretty positive. I--personally--was slightly worried about LB play on D. Sounds like the transition was made without a hitch. Pearland Dawson was a good opponent for a scrimmage. Good squad. I understand no significant injuries. Good news. Hard-hitting. Good news. Understand the run game was on point. Understand the QB is still getting used to game speed, but had some good throws.

Sounds to me like D, run game on point. QB has the skills necessary to add another dimension. No significant injuries.
[/quote]Same poster. Yeppers, you know him. BG knows. I've told you guys before... ;)

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1251559" timestamp="1345980873"]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=102003.msg1251239#msg1251239 date=1345935738]
[/quote]

[/quote]Same poster. Yeppers, you know him. BG knows. I've told you guys before... ;)
[/quote]

I knew it had to be you! No I didn't get that memo either(along with the Iguana Joe's pow wow, b4 NS vs LP)

[quote name="ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY)" post="1251582" timestamp="1345985184"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102003.msg1251559#msg1251559 date=1345980873]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=102003.msg1251239#msg1251239 date=1345935738]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I knew it had to be you! No I didn't get that memo either(along with the Iguana Joe's pow wow, b4 NS vs LP)
[/quote]Pretty easy to figure out I wasn't LP0175, eh?  ;D (Normal username was already taken...)

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1251583" timestamp="1345985686"]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=102003.msg1251582#msg1251582 date=1345985184]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Pretty easy to figure out I wasn't LP0175, eh?  ;D (Normal username was already taken...)
[/quote]
???

[quote name="LP0175" post="1251652" timestamp="1345994918"]
[quote author=OlDawg link=topic=102003.msg1251583#msg1251583 date=1345985686]
[quote author=ThaGhost(P.A. ALL DAY) link=topic=102003.msg1251582#msg1251582 date=1345985184]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
???
[/quote]We know each other from other places.  ;)

[quote name="OlDawg" post="1251583" timestamp="1345985686"]
[quote author=panamamyers link=topic=102003.msg1251049#msg1251049 idate=1345914873]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh OK...did you see how your Bulldog brethren (LP0175) "accidentally" reported me? Man you guys trying to get us banned everywhere huh? (j/k there 0175)

Well I was onsight and LP flatout punished Dawson on both sides of the ball.  THAT SIMPLE!
Dawson doesn't have a QB and ran James White maybe 6 or 7 times... each time he gained very good yardage.  Of course Upchurch made his usual catches when the ball was delivered well.
As far LP... they looked very, very good on both sides. Took the foot off the gas after first series, but things could have gotten ugly for Dawson.  Whitley and the other backs ran at will... gaining yard after yard.  Defense pursued the ball and made plays all night... 1's and 2's.

[quote name="songone" post="1252317" timestamp="1346070655"]
Well I was onsight and LP flatout punished Dawson on both sides of the ball.  THAT SIMPLE!
Dawson doesn't have a QB and ran James White maybe 6 or 7 times... each time he gained very good yardage.  Of course Upchurch made his usual catches when the ball was delivered well.
As far LP... they looked very, very good on both sides. Took the foot off the gas after first series, but things could have gotten ugly for Dawson.  Whitley and the other backs ran at will... gaining yard after yard.  Defense pursued the ball and made plays all night... 1's and 2's.
[/quote]

Well, it was a good night for La Porte.  They're ready.

You are a Manvel fan, correct?

I was impressed with what LP did to Dawson.  I expected it to be a little more even.

[quote name="lpbulldogblog" post="1252462" timestamp="1346079917"]
[quote author=songone link=topic=102003.msg1252317#msg1252317 date=1346070655]
[/quote]

Well, it was a good night for La Porte.  They're ready.

You are a Manvel fan, correct?

I was impressed with what LP did to Dawson.  I expected it to be a little more even.
[/quote]Yes I'm a Manvel fan 100%.  I like Dawson too... have a best friend and relatives over there.  I'm also a realist, LP punished them boys.  LP looks good bro.

[quote name="panamamyers" post="1252614" timestamp="1346089129"]
or FB Hightower.
Crazy how many athletes are in that one 5 mile radius there.
I bet they start building more neighborhoods down Lakes of Savannah way too, so Manvel will only get better,
[/quote]A lot of those kids live in Lakes of Savannah, South Fork, Rodeo Palms and Shadow Creek... Each neighborhood constantly building homes.  Manvel is deep... I'm guessing the "supposed" Shadow Creek High School coming around 2016 will hurt the talent pool.  But let's enjoy until that day comes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder