Liberty/Orangefield/Vidor Scrimmage Thread/Post comments here!

3 way scrimmage.  Orangefield Off against Vidor Def.

Vidor looked very dominant.  Approx 15 plays for Orangefield, about -25 total yards....and about 3 turnovers.  But this is just a scrimmage.

Vidor Off against Libery Def:

Vidor looked a bit choppy (but it is early).  Vidor scored on our 2nd play.  Did complete a pass and missed on another open WR.  And scored 2 TDs on 3 possesions.  Our offense went way out of sync when we made a change at QB.

Liberty 1st off against Vidor Def:

Vidor gave up 1 long pass play for about 30 yards.  Libert did not convert another 1st down.  Viodr D played well against a good QB with a big arm and 1 very good WR.  I was very pleased with our defense.  They only ran about 10-12 plays and then lightning struck.  Scrimmage called!

[quote name="daddy23" post="1246475" timestamp="1345249533"]
And please know that I understand that this was just a scrimmage.

But Vidor looked very good tonight.  Particurarly on Defense!
[/quote]
absolutely. defense looked very good. and aside from a few hicups(which is expected) our o looked pretty good. we definately are as good or maybe even better in the backfield. our o-line was a concern coming into this season but i feel good about what i saw tonight. yes, it was just a scrimmage, but i absolutely left with a good warm and fuzzy.

Story of this scrimmage was Vidor's defensive front 7 dominated.  Overall Vidor was as good or better than advertised. Should be another special season for the Pirates.

Liberty looked ok. They have some good size and speed. They will compete for a playoff spot.

Orangefield has some work to do but they will be ok. I think two years ago we scrimmaged Vidor and did not get a first down but ended up 7-3 on the season. I look forward to seeing improvement next week.

Good luck to the Pirates this season. I'll be pulling for you guys every week. See ya next week Liberty.

I think the jury is still out on the offensive line.  The second play from scrimmage for the Pirates went for a touchdown, but it was a busted play, as was the first play.  Lots of drops on the qb/center exchange and that has to be fixed.  I think the defense played great, and that was great to see.  We knew coming into this season that the real question mark would be at the O-line and we expected the defense to be very stiff.  The Pirates looked good at times on offense, but still lots of work to be done before the season kicks off.  That's what scrimmages are for, though...to work the bugs out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    xyurnnsw
    Newest Member
    xyurnnsw