WO-S Vs Nederland This Friday

[quote name="rvbulldogs" post="1245294" timestamp="1345053904"]
Buddy I still remember that game.  It was on its way to a great finish.  I heard those refs arent allowed back in this area!  Go Dogs!!!
[/quote]rvbulldogs: I was there. I will admit, it was a bad call for sure.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="speveto" post="1245555" timestamp="1345122181"]
[quote author=rvbulldogs link=topic=101630.msg1245294#msg1245294 date=1345053904]
Buddy I still remember that game.  It was on its way to a great finish.  I heard those refs arent allowed back in this area!  Go Dogs!!!
[/quote]rvbulldogs: I was there. I will admit, it was a bad call for sure.
[/quote]wonder how much those refs got paid?

How about just show up at Bulldog Stadium tomorrow night and watch. Who cares if the score board will be working, who cares if there will even be a announcer. Lets call this a Audition instead of a scrimmage or game. Because it is designed for the coaches to see what they have on both sides of the ball. I have seen some 2nd and 3rd string players make their way to starters because of scrimmages.

Thru the years Nederland has usually played a controlled portion to start and then one half maximum in the first scrimmage. I have seen them look really good and really bad in scrimmages in past years so I don't put much stock in them. I am going tomorrow night and would LOVE to see a 4 quarter game, but I am betting that won't happen in the first scrimmage. Nederland usually does that in the 2nd scrimmage and probably will against Dayton.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1246072" timestamp="1345208950"]
I think there are advantages and disadvantages to a 4-quarter scrimmage.  One of the advantages is it gets everyone use to a full game tempo.  Disadvantages are that the chance for injury is increased.
[/quote] Exactly, early on conditioning is not as good it will be increasing the potential for injury. But, in a scrimmage everyone will play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder