Nederland vs Crosby Predictions

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Teamlast" post="1247964" timestamp="1345514668"]
Crosby doesn't stand a chance. This could be the best team in SETX this yearand if all goes well[b] maybe the best team in SETX HISTORY[/b]
[/quote]As a polish co-worker use to say in a very heavy polish accent of course  "WHY DO YOU DREAM WITH YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN"

[quote name="phunter308" post="1245017" timestamp="1344990480"]
I can say Nederland has not had a very good track record with either  Dayton or Crosby. [u][b]I do know the twin are good athletes but are they as good as Jakobi Jones and Tre Green who had a abig offensive line in front of them last year.[/b][/u] From what I have seen  and heard Crosby o line is a little  smaller then normal which may be a problem, but good technique goes along way. As for the Dayton game it will be a tough fight with the lines going at it. A good learning game for both teams.
[/quote]

The answer to your question is yes.

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1247972" timestamp="1345515732"]
[quote author=Teamlast link=topic=101551.msg1247964#msg1247964 date=1345514668]
Crosby doesn't stand a chance. This could be the best team in SETX this yearand if all goes well[b] maybe the best team in SETX HISTORY[/b]
[/quote]As a polish co-worker use to say in a very heavy polish accent of course  "WHY DO YOU DREAM WITH YOUR EYES WIDE OPEN"
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow. Crosby gets hammered by Vidor in bi-district last year, loses most of their offense line to graduation, then is gonna go to Nederland and beat what looks to be the best Ned team in years  (that returns 16 starters)  by a bunch of points. Ned may as well stay in the locker room to avoid the embarrassment. I want to sell my tickets for half price.

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="coach pops" post="1248215" timestamp="1345576628"]
Wow. Crosby gets hammered by Vidor in bi-district last year, loses most of their offense line to graduation, then is gonna go to Nederland and beat what looks to be the best Ned team in years  (that returns 16 starters)  [u][b]by a bunch of points.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

Who said this and when? Since every poll has Nederland winning their district and only about half have Crosby even making the playoffs in their district - everyone knows who the clear favorite is. Nederland is ranked as high as 9th in some state polls, including 12th in the AP poll. Crosby is obviously unranked. Crosby is running a new offense and has pretty much an entirely new coaching staff. Plus, this Week 0 game is on the grass at Nederland with a Beaumont crew. Big advantage Nederland. 

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Also, why does every thread that involves Crosby get hijacked by Vidor fans re-capping their historic victory over Crosby?

I guess Crosby should post in every PN-G thread and brag about how the Cougars beat the Indians last year or talk of how Crosby has beaten its 20-4A opponent 3 out of the last 4 times in the playoffs.  But that doesn't happen. The past is the past. This is a new season.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1248276" timestamp="1345580108"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=101551.msg1248215#msg1248215 date=1345576628]
Wow. Crosby gets hammered by Vidor in bi-district last year, loses most of their offense line to graduation, then is gonna go to Nederland and beat what looks to be the best Ned team in years  (that returns 16 starters)  [u][b]by a bunch of points.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

Who said this and when? Since every poll has Nederland winning their district and only about half have Crosby even making the playoffs in their district - everyone knows who the clear favorite is. Nederland is ranked as high as 9th in some state polls, including 12th in the AP poll. Crosby is obviously unranked. Crosby is running a new offense and has pretty much an entirely new coaching staff. Plus, this Week 0 game is on the grass at Nederland with a Beaumont crew. Big advantage Nederland.
[/quote]BEAUMOUNT CREW!!!!!!! Help!Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( Just give them the game is what I say! >:( >:( >:(

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1248276" timestamp="1345580108"]
[quote author=coach pops link=topic=101551.msg1248215#msg1248215 date=1345576628]
[/quote]

[/quote] :)[quote author=aaronjm75 link=topic=101551.msg1244313#msg1244313 date=1344823400]
I think Crosby's new fast paced, high octane offense will put up at least 28 the first half.  This forces Ned out of their offensive style and makes them throw the ball more than they are comfortable with and after a few 3 and outs or turnovers, Crosby really starts to run it up.

Crosby 49, Nederland 28
[/quote]

Should be a good game.  Crosby O-Line is bigger than its been in years.  They really are good.  Most sat on JV last year due to the fact that Varsity was full of Srs on the O-Line that the coach obviously felt obligated to play.  If the line gets it's act together early in the season, the twins will be able to run up and down the field.  Running game of course is Crosby's strong point.  WR corp looks a little green, but who knows what will happen there.  The big surprise is the defense.  Looks like the best D in about 5yrs.  Decent size.  Shouldn't get run over like they have the last few years.  Special Teams will be interesting.  Lost a 4yr starting kicker that also punted the last couple years.  Hopefully the season won't go down to the kicking game.

So for HSsportsfanatic55 what you said about the defence seems a little off to me. When i played for the 2010 offense going against that defense everyday was outrageous. Also hearing from other teams saying that our defense was one the toughest teams they have ever gone against, also i believe they were ranked very high in the state rankings as a defense. So i would love to hear more info on that?

[quote name="redman44" post="1248487" timestamp="1345615473"]
So for HSsportsfanatic55 what you said about the defence seems a little off to me. When i played for the 2010 offense going against that defense everyday was outrageous. Also hearing from other teams saying that our defense was one the toughest teams they have ever gone against, also i believe they were ranked very high in the state rankings as a defense. So i would love to hear more info on that?
[/quote]

no offense redman but the defense this year is more athletic an stronger than any defense we've had in a while. i think they are better than 2010's defense in sheer athleticism and speed, however that doesn't mean they will be better, only time will tell that 2010's defense was very good but it also benefited heavily from being on the field far less than other defenses.

The defense is dominating the offense in practice from what i'm hearing. (thats not easy to do given the talent on the offense.)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    pngbaseball33
    Newest Member
    pngbaseball33