Houston Chron. preview of 22-3A

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you Huffman folks always say Coldspring and Huffman? The only team in this district that has really done anything in the last few years is Coldspring! I don't see them coming on here and calling the other teams in the district scrubs or always trying to make yourself look better than what you truely are. They prove it on the field. So Huffman has been to the playoff the last couple of years, good for them, but you really haven't shown anything while in the playoffs. Please tell us what your record is in the playoff the last couple of years. In Texas High School 3A football I don't think any of the top 10-20 teams would really get worried if they were going to be facing Huffman in the first couple of rounds.

In the last couple of topics you Huffman folks are starting to sound a lot like last years Liberty folks and we all know how that ended up.

[quote name="idk" post="1242952" timestamp="1344454473"]
How can you Huffman folks always say Coldspring and Huffman? The only team in this district that has really done anything in the last few years is Coldspring! I don't see them coming on here and calling the other teams in the district scrubs or always trying to make yourself look better than what you truely are. They prove it on the field. So Huffman has been to the playoff the last couple of years, good for them, but you really haven't shown anything while in the playoffs. Please tell us what your record is in the playoff the last couple of years. In Texas High School 3A football I don't think any of the top 10-20 teams would really get worried if they were going to be facing Huffman in the first couple of rounds.

In the last couple of topics you Huffman folks are starting to sound a lot like last years Liberty folks and we all know how that ended up.
[/quote]

Well there aren't alot of CS fans on here and the ones that are don't post alot, but I'm sure the recognize the talent difference.

Huffman is 2-2 in the playoffs the last 2 years, what is shepherd?

You're right the top 10-20 teams in 3a probably wouldn't be worried about Huffman, but the only team worried about Shepherd in 3a might be Tarkington. I don't think anyone said Huffman was a top 20 team anyways.

Huffman has proved on the field that they are far better that every team in the district except CS. Huffman has handily beat the lower teams and has had some good games with CS, and we ran in to an excellent Navasota team in the playoffs. Nothing to really be ashamed of when your only losses in 3a are to top 10-15 teams. No one in Huffman has ever claimed to be better that CS(unlike Liberty fans) we know were not, but we also know that Huffman is the only other team in the district that has a chance to compete with CS and win in the playoffs. If you can't see the current talent difference then it's because you're not opening your eyes.

Oh I was not talking about the current talent difference. If we are talking about talent then Coldspring and Cleveland has better talent. Does that always turn into wins? No it doesn't. Huffman has a good set of Coaches and a system that works well for them. But I wouldn't say they have better overall talent. I was talking about how you folks from Huffman always think you are better than everyone else. My refernce the other day about hoping it doesn't rain too soon must of went right over your head. What I was getting at was for you people to take a page out of Coldspring book and let your so called super talent do the talking instead of opeing your mouth.

For the Coldspring vs Huffman - every team has that one team that always plays them close no matter what, does that put Huffman is in the same league as Coldspring - not on your life.

As far as Shepherd goes - they haven't seen the playoff in a very long time, but they are good kids who work their butt off no matter what and don't deserve to be called scrubs. They may not be playing at the level as Coldspring right now but they are working towards that. It will take time but they are a proud group of very good kids and I am very proud to be from Shepherd and to sit in the stands and cheer those boys on "win or not". The one thing about those boys is they won't quit no matter what the score is. So you keep on talking down about a bunch of teams that you no nothing about, because it wasn't to long ago that Huffman was a crappy scrub team in 4a.

[quote name="idk" post="1242974" timestamp="1344457954"]
Oh I was not talking about the current talent difference. If we are talking about talent then Coldspring and Cleveland has better talent. Does that always turn into wins? No it doesn't. Huffman has a good set of Coaches and a system that works well for them. But I wouldn't say they have better overall talent. I was talking about how you folks from Huffman always think you are better than everyone else. My refernce the other day about hoping it doesn't rain too soon must of went right over your head. What I was getting at was for you people to take a page out of Coldspring book and let your so called super talent do the talking instead of opeing your mouth.

For the Coldspring vs Huffman - every team has that one team that always plays them close no matter what, does that put Huffman is in the same league as Coldspring - not on your life.

As far as Shepherd goes - they haven't seen the playoff in a very long time, but they are good kids who work their butt off no matter what and don't deserve to be called scrubs. They may not be playing at the level as Coldspring right now but they are working towards that. It will take time but they are a proud group of very good kids and I am very proud to be from Shepherd and to sit in the stands and cheer those boys on "win or not". The one thing about those boys is they won't quit no matter what the score is. So you keep on talking down about a bunch of teams that you no nothing about, because it wasn't to long ago that Huffman was a crappy scrub team in 4a.
[/quote]

Well first Huffman currently does have better talent than Cleveland at the moment. Huffman has a very good QB and athletic wrs and rbs that can catch and make moves in the open field, and the defense  that has plenty of talent as well. What did Cleveland have? 1 good rb and...... Oh wait that was pretty much it. I don't think coaching made the score 49-3, talent obviously had something to do with it. Now the Cleveland team of the past had talent, and they are going the right direction. We will see how good they are in a few years.

Huffman people don't think we are better than everyone else, just the teams that we blowout. I would think that is fairly obvious.

Once again no one said Huffman was equal to CS. We just said we are the closest to them and far better than every one else. Is that wrong?

We've already talked about how Huffman was a scrub, did you not read that part? I don't really know how what happened 5 and 6 years ago matters now. You do know there are different players now right?

[quote name="idk" post="1242952" timestamp="1344454473"]

[/quote]
What would you recommend that we discuss on the 22-3A thread? Huffman has played CS close the past two years and in particularly 2010. Every other team has been blown out by Huffman and CS. It is going to be the same this year. Huffman, unlike Liberty has backed up the talk on the field. Here is the breakdown: Huffman chasing CS for the district title, everyone else fighting for the 3rd spot and a corresponding 1st round exit. BTW if Splendora happens to be the best of the poor teams to get the 3rd spot you are going to see a few more playoff wins from Huffman.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1243168" timestamp="1344482572"]
[quote author=idk link=topic=101461.msg1242952#msg1242952 date=1344454473]

[/quote]
What would you recommend that we discuss on the 22-3A thread? Huffman has played CS close the past two years and in particularly 2010. Every other team has been blown out by Huffman and CS. It is going to be the same this year. Huffman, unlike Liberty has backed up the talk on the field. Here is the breakdown: Huffman chasing CS for the district title, everyone else fighting for the 3rd spot and a corresponding 1st round exit. BTW if Splendora happens to be the best of the poor teams to get the 3rd spot you are going to see a few more playoff wins from Huffman.
[/quote]

Can't wait to see you guys choke on your own words. I'll be paying close attention to the AFC west, I mean 22-3a this season. lol

[quote name="89falcon" post="1243168" timestamp="1344482572"]

[/quote]
What would you recommend that we discuss on the 22-3A thread? Huffman has played CS close the past two years and in particularly 2010. Every other team has been blown out by Huffman and CS. It is going to be the same this year. Huffman, unlike Liberty has backed up the talk on the field. Here is the breakdown: Huffman chasing CS for the district title, everyone else fighting for the 3rd spot and a corresponding 1st round exit. [b] BTW if Splendora happens to be the best of the poor teams to get the 3rd spot you are going to see a few more playoff wins from Huffman. [/b]
[/quote]

I don't know about that. If we go D2 that would most likely mean that we would face a very tough WOS team in the first round. Huffman could definitely beat them, but personally I would rather them play Silsbee then Yates/West Columbia in D1..

[quote name="HookEm2013" post="1243174" timestamp="1344483495"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101461.msg1243168#msg1243168 date=1344482572]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Can't wait to see you guys choke on your own words. I'll be paying close attention to the AFC west, I mean 22-3a this season. lol
[/quote]

Pay as much attention as you want. I will even PM you the scores.

[quote name="falconfanatic" post="1242957" timestamp="1344455462"]

[/quote]

Well there aren't alot of CS fans on here and the ones that are don't post alot, but I'm sure the recognize the talent difference.

You're right the top 10-20 teams in 3a probably wouldn't be worried about Huffman, but the only team worried about Shepherd in 3a might be Tarkington. I don't think anyone said Huffman was a top 20 team anyways.

Huffman has proved on the field that they are far better that every team in the district except CS. Huffman has handily beat the lower teams and has had some good games with CS, and we ran in to an excellent Navasota team in the playoffs. Nothing to really be ashamed of when your only losses in 3a are to top 10-15 teams. No one in Huffman has ever claimed to be better that CS(unlike Liberty fans) we know were not, but we also know that Huffman is the only other team in the district that has a chance to compete with CS and win in the playoffs. If you can't see the current talent difference then it's because you're not opening your eyes.
[/quote]
I seem to recall the Shepherd team gave Huffman a little bit of scare in last years game. A few bad breaks and we didn't have the firepower to keep up with the falcons. Just something to think about considering that was a group of sophomore and juniors with a couple seniors sprinkled in there.  ;) Shepherd willl compete and i can tell you first hand they won't quit and will play who ever they play with all their might.

[quote name="CMurder75" post="1243238" timestamp="1344524259"]
[quote author=falconfanatic link=topic=101461.msg1242957#msg1242957 date=1344455462]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I seem to recall the Shepherd team gave Huffman a little bit of scare in last years game. A few bad breaks and we didn't have the firepower to keep up with the falcons. Just something to think about considering that was a group of sophomore and juniors with a couple seniors sprinkled in there.  ;) Shepherd willl compete and i can tell you first hand they won't quit and will play who ever they play with all their might.
[/quote]

Nope you remember wrong. The game was never in doubt, Huffman won by 21, had over 400 yards of offensive, and held Shepherd to under 200 yards. The only reason the game was close in the first half is cause of turnovers, but that happens. You know when the superior team plays down to a lower teams level for a half, but they corrected the mistakes and finished the blowout. I guess you could say you had a moral victory by competing for a half and only losing 35-14.

[quote name="TERMINATOR" post="1243559" timestamp="1344567821"]
Just curious, how many district championships does Huffman have?
[/quote]
A few, we are chasing Coldspring for the title while the rest of the scrubs are fighting for the 3rd spot and a corresponding 1st round exit.

[quote name="TERMINATOR" post="1243891" timestamp="1344653712"]
I would still like to know what year Huffman won district.  I can't seem to recall what year it was.
[/quote]

I believe they won one in 2003, but I'm not sure. No one said Huffman was going to win this district so I don't understand where this question is coming from.

Huffman has practically no football history. These last 2 years are arguably the best in school history, but having Coldspring ( a top 5 team) in district makes it very hard to win a championship.

This discussion is crazy. Everyone is arguing over symantics.  It is like watching the democrats and republicans on television.  I said, I meant, you said, ughhhh.
However, I was at every Coldspring game during the last two years, and without a doubt the only team in 22-3A that stood a chance was Huffman.  They made the Trojans work for the win.  Every other game in district was sad to watch, even as a Coldspring fan.  All of the other games were over by half time. 
Please take this as my opinion, because I do not plan to defend it in the next 15 pages of this post.

FYI - the season is almost here and we will have better things to talk about than last year soon.

Good luck to all the teams in 22-3A.  See you in a few weeks.

Hey Trojanswin, sure wish y'all was on our schedule again after losing to y'all the way we did in Wildcat land. Kirbyville will be a force to be reckoned with this year. That defense of the Wildcats gonna be something else. I' ll say they are a year or two away from making it back to the big dance!

[quote name="89falcon" post="1242790" timestamp="1344392859"]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242781#msg1242781 date=1344390267]
Perhaps you're missing my point. Put up against other teams huff and cs are scrubs. Prairie View has long been viewed as garbage, but if you put them up against lesser competition they're no longer scrubs. It all comes down to this, unless you're at the top, you're at the bottom. Trashing schools below you doesn't change that fact. At the end of the day, you're all still at the bottom.
[/quote]
Are you serious? Who cares how a 3A compares with a 5A? I guess Alabama is scrubs compared to the New York Giants according to your logic. CS has been in the State Championship and Semi-Final the last two years. CS against 3A competition is dominant. Huffman is 8-4 out of district and has advanced to the second round the last two years. I will keep it simple, against the teams in 22-3A, after Huffman and CS everyone is reaching for table scraps.
Start winning some games and you wont have to be worried that someone called you "scrubs".  :'(
[/quote]
My advice to the new Panther posters I see, 89Falcon thinks that Huffman is NYC and that no one can touch them, however since we are from Liberty and we see them every year and have beaten them in recent times, we know they aren't THAT HIGH on the scale. I'm very happy they think Liberty is on the same level as Tarkington, even the Coldspring posters know they aren't near what they say they are (there the only ones). If they think Liberty is horrible now, they should have seen the teams they were beaten by a few years back, I know now that it is possible for Liberty to beat them, and that they are not God's gift to football.

[quote name="LP6" post="1244729" timestamp="1344910244"]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101461.msg1242790#msg1242790 date=1344392859]
[quote author=HookEm2013 link=topic=101461.msg1242781#msg1242781 date=1344390267]
Perhaps you're missing my point. Put up against other teams huff and cs are scrubs. Prairie View has long been viewed as garbage, but if you put them up against lesser competition they're no longer scrubs. It all comes down to this, unless you're at the top, you're at the bottom. Trashing schools below you doesn't change that fact. At the end of the day, you're all still at the bottom.
[/quote]
Are you serious? Who cares how a 3A compares with a 5A? I guess Alabama is scrubs compared to the New York Giants according to your logic. CS has been in the State Championship and Semi-Final the last two years. CS against 3A competition is dominant. Huffman is 8-4 out of district and has advanced to the second round the last two years. I will keep it simple, against the teams in 22-3A, after Huffman and CS everyone is reaching for table scraps.
Start winning some games and you wont have to be worried that someone called you "scrubs".  :'(
[/quote]
My advice to the new Panther posters I see, 89Falcon thinks that Huffman is NYC and that no one can touch them, however since we are from Liberty and we see them every year and have beaten them in recent times, we know they aren't THAT HIGH on the scale. I'm very happy they think Liberty is on the same level as Tarkington, even the Coldspring posters know they aren't near what they say they are (there the only ones). If they think Liberty is horrible now, they should have seen the teams they were beaten by a few years back, I know now that it is possible for Liberty to beat them, and that they are not God's gift to football.
[/quote]
I guess you play a role in Liberty's academic rating. No one said anything about Huffman being NYC. You guys will be trouble next year when the STARR officially becomes your rating.

[quote name="89falcon" post="1244841" timestamp="1344963040"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=101461.msg1244729#msg1244729 date=1344910244]
[quote author=89falcon link=topic=101461.msg1242790#msg1242790 date=1344392859]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
I guess you play a role in Liberty's academic rating. No one said anything about Huffman being NYC. You guys will be trouble next year when the STARR officially becomes your rating.
[/quote]

I'm not sure that Liberty's "academic ratings" are lower than anyone else's, what I do know though is that when a SCHOOL grades poorly in the academic area the majority of the blame should be placed on the faculty. Let it marinate.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder