STJFL SR

I realize Beaumont is considered "Large" because of Westbrook, but they have considerably less players than all the other "large" teams. They have 1 Senior team and have never had more than 1, nor can I imagine that they ever will. Oh well, I guess somebody had to get the shaft to make things even...just like the Astros :)

[quote name="football04" post="1242600" timestamp="1344308215"]
This large school - small school, is that something new? I thought senior was senior and you had 2 Lumberton schools and nederland had 2 senior teams, Vidor sometimes has 2 teams and PNG as well, and those schools where in seperate divisions, is it different this year?
[/quote]
Yes, this year there are two divisions (large) (small)
Large schools are the 4A and 5A. Small Are the 3A schools and Kountze(2A).
Basically, we will still play everyone, but in playoffs, you only play teams in your division. So there will be two Super Bowl champs per age group. (Sr,Jr,Pee Wee)

[quote name="2 Sons Playing" post="1242611" timestamp="1344318003"]
I realize Beaumont is considered "Large" because of Westbrook, but they have considerably less players than all the other "large" teams. They have 1 Senior team and have never had more than 1, nor can I imagine that they ever will. Oh well, I guess somebody had to get the shaft to make things even...just like the Astros :)
[/quote]

It's not a perfect world...... ::)

Now let's play football  ;)

[quote name="Stangpride" post="1242695" timestamp="1344361694"]
This large and small thing is the dumbest thing i ever heard.. who started this.. did yall do this so the teams from the larger schools could finally get a chance to win & not be defeated by wos?
[/quote]

yup....that was it..... ::)

You caught on to their master plan......

I'm sure it wasn't to give the smaller schools (lesser schools than WOS of course) a more fair advantage........

[quote name="Stangpride" post="1242695" timestamp="1344361694"]
This large and small thing is the dumbest thing i ever heard.. who started this.. did yall do this so the teams from the larger schools could finally get a chance to win & not be defeated by wos?
[/quote]from what im told it was the small schools pusing this not the big schools.

[quote name="lu cards" post="1242720" timestamp="1344371939"]
[quote author=Stangpride link=topic=101453.msg1242695#msg1242695 date=1344361694]
[/quote]from what im told it was the small schools pusing this not the big schools.
[/quote]

I personally think its a great idea.....and large and small school I think will still play non playoff games

[quote name="LilBobcatMom" post="1242719" timestamp="1344371420"]
Since we live in a small school district, I like the idea.  It's rough on players when you only have 19 kids on your team and you go play a team with 30 or so.  Last year, my son was on juniors and frequently played every play, except for kickoff return.
[/quote]

Sometimes that works to your advantage, that way all of your best players play the whole game. More players doesn't necessarily equal a better team, at least not in our league.

[quote name="2 Sons Playing" post="1242734" timestamp="1344374914"]
Sometimes that works to your advantage, that way all of your best players play the whole game. More players doesn't necessarily equal a better team, at least not in our league.
[/quote]

It's hard to go out there and be competitive playing both sides all four quarters against players who are only playing offense or defense with relief during that time.  The upside is that my son got a lot of playing time last year.

Bridge City's Seniors have won a Superbowl before, so it's not like WOS is the only "small school" that can compete.

[quote name="hvac_setx" post="1243754" timestamp="1344628294"]
[quote author=Doggydaddy2 link=topic=101453.msg1243745#msg1243745 date=1344625647]
I wish we were actually hitting. All we've done is a bunch of agility drills. We are gonna be in for a BIG surprise our first scrimmage...
[/quote]

Ahhh...another sideline coach. :o
[/quote]Call it what you want. I've seen enough to know that other teams are knocking each other around to prepare for the physicality of the game and we are not. I'm afraid we are gonna have a bunch of kids getting hurt..

[quote name="Doggydaddy2" post="1243962" timestamp="1344702891"]
[quote author=hvac_setx link=topic=101453.msg1243754#msg1243754 date=1344628294]
[quote author=Doggydaddy2 link=topic=101453.msg1243745#msg1243745 date=1344625647]
I wish we were actually hitting. All we've done is a bunch of agility drills. We are gonna be in for a BIG surprise our first scrimmage...
[/quote]

Ahhh...another sideline coach. :o
[/quote]Call it what you want. I've seen enough to know that other teams are knocking each other around to prepare for the physicality of the game and we are not. I'm afraid we are gonna have a bunch of kids getting hurt..
[/quote]What team are you representing sir??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    fasedo9317
    Newest Member
    fasedo9317