Sun Devils @ 18U Perfect Game BCS and 18U PG Nationals

Sun Devils play 8 and lose only 1 game; unfortunately, the 1 loss was in the q-finals and ended our run.  Great event, great time and good run in that event.

We also took 7 spots on the All Tournament Team. While all did great (for example, Dane Steinhagen made it for both his hitting and pitching), I gotta give a special shoutout to Bridge City's Hayden Guidry.  He went 3-0 (only person in entire event to register 3 wins), struck out 9 in 6 IP with only 2 BB and 2 H.  His ERA was a perfect 0.00. 

In East Cobb, Sun Devils go 5-2 and place 4 on the All Tournament Team including, again, Hayden Guidry who (again) had an 0.00 ERA.  He was 1-0 in 7 IP, allowing 4 H, 2 BB with 5 K.  Heck, shoulda pitched him every game.........

Thanks Bubba ...we're doing the best we can.

DaytonBaseball101 - we are not invitation-only (however, we do not do mass tryouts).  We will have individual kids come in for a work out (or more).  Sometimes, we ask them and sometimes they ask us.  I believe it is a true statement that we have never refused any kid a work out/try out for the Sun Devils. 

With that being said, we also are very honest with the individual.  Honesty can be, at times, brutal.  And I am sure we may have missed on a kid before (although I cannot really think of one).  Here is a good story about an individual work out:

Bubba's son (Trevin Sonnier) worked out for us.  Some of us loved him, others were not sure.  As the "head" Sun Devil, I said we gotta keep this kid, I think he can play, etc. He's fast, has a good arm, and we can work on his hitting (he was already pretty good).  Boom:  he works with us, we work with him, and he gets a D-1 offer.  Good ending for us and good ending for him.  That kid could (and can) play. 

Now, was it all us?  Ego says 'yes' but reality says 'no'.  Somewhere between the two is probably the truth.  He was a really good player anyway (and even finer young man).  But I'd like to think we helped some and had something to do with his success.

Once a Sun Devil ...

[quote name="MIF04" post="1240197" timestamp="1343346914"]
Thanks Bubba ...[b]we're doing the best we can[/b].

DaytonBaseball101 - we are not invitation-only (however, we do not do mass tryouts).  We will have individual kids come in for a work out (or more).  Sometimes, we ask them and sometimes they ask us.  I believe it is a true statement that we have never refused any kid a work out/try out for the Sun Devils. 

With that being said, we also are very honest with the individual.  Honesty can be, at times, brutal.  And I am sure we may have missed on a kid before (although I cannot really think of one).  Here is a good story about an individual work out:

Bubba's son (Trevin Sonnier) worked out for us.  Some of us loved him, others were not sure.  As the "head" Sun Devil, I said we gotta keep this kid, I think he can play, etc. He's fast, has a good arm, and we can work on his hitting (he was already pretty good).  Boom:  he works with us, we work with him, and he gets a D-1 offer.  Good ending for us and good ending for him.  That kid could (and can) play. 

Now, was it all us?  Ego says 'yes' but reality says 'no'.  Somewhere between the two is probably the truth.  He was a really good player anyway (and even finer young man).  But I'd like to think we helped some and had something to do with his success.

Once a Sun Devil ...
[/quote]

Doing a great job...year in and year out.
Class organization.

I can't say enough about what a great experience being with the Sun Devils has been for my son the past 5 years. Being challenged and playing with the best and against the best talent in the country is amazing.  It is so different from High School ball.  We can't thank Chip, Michelle, Matt Thompson, JR Bardin, Jimmy Neale, Glenn and Raissa Cechinni, and the coaches from the beginning of this 2012 group, David Huggins and Blake Justice enough for being the coaches that pushed these kids to be the best they can be. Also, the comment about once a Devil, always a Devil, is so true. The players helped, encouraged and supported each other a great deal. Even players in the same position helped each other. Truly a joy to watch them mature through the years.
Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    telexa
    Newest Member
    telexa