2012 Chester Yellowjackets Team Preview

[center][img]http://txhshelmetproject.com/TexasHighSchools/C/Chester.png[/img][/center]

[center][size=18pt][b][u][i]CHESTER YELLOW JACKETS[/i][/u][/B][/size][/center]
[center][b][size=12pt]2011 Record: 3-7 Overall; 0-4 District (5th place in 13-I)[/center]

[size=12pt]The Chester Yellowjackets found life as a UIL 6 man team a little more challenging than its independent days as the squad struggled to a 3-7 mark in 2011.  2012 will mark a season of change as Holton resigned to take a coaching position at Zavalla.  The incoming coach, Adam Kirby, will have a bit of rebuilding to do as the small school was hit hard by graduation.  But a new district that has an old foe as a new district mate could help the Yellow Jackets competing for a 6 man playoff spot.

[b][u][size=14pt]Coaching Staff[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Head Coach: Adam Kirby[/b]
Coaching Record:  1st year coach

[b][u][size=14pt]Stadium Information*[/u][/b]

[size=12pt][b]Home Stadium: Aubrey Bradley Stadium[/b]
Address: Yellowjacket Dr. at FM 1745, Chester, Texas 75936
Capacity: 100
Playing surface: Natural

[b][u][size=14pt]2011 Results[/u][/b]

[table][tr][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Opponent[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][b][color=black]Score[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Houston Mount Carmel[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]0-46[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Houston Sanchez[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]28-51[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Humble Christian Life[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]83-53[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Huntsville Alpha Omega[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]42-31[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Orange Community Christian[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]42-44[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Coolidge#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]13-60[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]at Oakwood#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]33-80[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Leverett's Chapel[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]52-100[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Apple Springs#[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]19-67[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=12pt][color=black]Tyler HEAT[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=12pt][color=black]59-19[/td][/tr]
[/table]

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Offense/Defense[/u][/b][/size]

[size=12pt][b]Offense: Spread[/b]

[size=12pt][b]Defense: 2-3-1[/b]

The leading returner will be Kris Kuehn (First team all district utility back).

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Key Games[/u][/b][/size]

Chester begins the 2012 by traveling to Laird Hill to take on Leverett's Chapel on August 31st.  The 'Jackets begin District 16-I play by hosting Apple Springs on October 26th.  They conclude the regular season at High Island on November 9th.

[size=14pt][b][u]2012 Schedule[/u][/b][/size]

[table][tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Aug. 31[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]at Leverett's Chapel[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Sept. 7[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]Huntsville Alpha Omega[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Sept. 14[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]OPEN[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Sept. 21[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]Tyler HEAT[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Sept. 28[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]Houston Sanchez[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]6:00 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Oct. 5[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]OPEN[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Oct. 12[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]at Good Samaritan[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Oct. 19[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]High Island[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Oct. 26[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]Apple Springs*[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Nov. 2[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]Oakwood*[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td][size=11pt][color=black]Nov. 9[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]at High Island*[/td][td]    [/td][td][size=11pt][color=black]7:30 p.m.[/td][/tr][/table]

* Source:  Texas Stadium Database: http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=484
Helmets Courtesy of: http://www.txhshelmetproject.com/

Someone must step up be a man, and recomend to the board that chester consolidate with its neighbors. Corrigan Woodville or Colmesneil. They are doing more harm than good by keeping the doors open. Those who think differenty have their heads in the sand. The kids deserve better.

[quote name="longball24" post="1237595" timestamp="1342711402"]
Someone must step up be a man, and recomend to the board that chester consolidate with its neighbors. Corrigan Woodville or Colmesneil. They are doing more harm than good by keeping the doors open. Those who think differenty have their heads in the sand. The kids deserve better.
[/quote]I agree, same as in Goodrich and Leggett being each 8 miles from Livingston. Always felt schools like this are a waste of tax payers money and does not benefit the kids. You can by 3 buses and load up the hold school, shame. :-[

While I agree with the fiscal reasoning behind closing down any school (I think that should be used a lot more liberally within HISD), let's be clear on some things before we head to the parade to shut Chester down. 

As to the no coach issue, Coach Holton only tendered his resignation according to reports on July 3rd.  By Texas law via the Texas Education Code, this job would have to have been posted for 10 days (and perhaps "school" or "business" days), so we are just approaching the point at which Chester can begin to interview for the job.  Second, like a number of districts, Chester has been in search of a new superintendent and has named a candidate for the job.  So I imagine the football head coach position will be filled shortly.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1237648" timestamp="1342716849"]
While I agree with the fiscal reasoning behind closing down any school (I think that should be used a lot more liberally within HISD), let's be clear on some things before we head to the parade to shut Chester down. 

As to the no coach issue, Coach Holton only tendered his resignation according to reports on July 3rd.  By Texas law via the Texas Education Code, this job would have to have been posted for 10 days (and perhaps "school" or "business" days), so we are just approaching the point at which Chester can begin to interview for the job.  Second, like a number of districts, Chester has been in search of a new superintendent and has named a candidate for the job.  So I imagine the football head coach position will be filled shortly.
[/quote]Sorry got a little carried away, fiscal reasoning is my only concern. Wrong place for this discussion.  :-[ :-[

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder