25-2A

Guest kountzemania
Steeler: don't everything about pirates! Just know what I saw last year and unless you had move in kids which I guess is possible. Anyway did not mean to offend because I think the Pirates will be tough just my opinion that there is more to the game than one guy on the mound.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1332758" timestamp="1353095133"]
Steeler: don't everything about pirates! Just know what I saw last year and unless you had move in kids which I guess is possible. Anyway did not mean to offend because I think the Pirates will be tough just my opinion that there is more to the game than one guy on the mound.
[/quote]
No problem, it's all our opinons and everyone is entitled to their's. I believe we are 3-1 in District play against the Lions in the last 2 yrs and have finished ahead of them in those years also. Move in's are apart of the landscape, not just in Kountze.  8)

Guest kountzemania
WORK! WORK! WORK! with a dash of "gotta believe" and a pinch of "confidence" plus a couple of move in's don't hurt. To my knowledge those guys hit Howell and add that to the couple of guys that hit Howell for Kountze last year and you get four guys with a record of hitting him which in a pitching dual can be a game changer. Not saying The Pirates are not gonna have that same approach on their side as well; I am sure they will so I make it a dog fight and the team that commits the most mental errors will be the dog with it's tail between the old back legs. Hey I love watching the Howell kid pitch, because he is good, by the way big congrats to him on signing with Lamar! Stuff like that just helps our district get noticed. 

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1337941" timestamp="1353432740"]
WORK! WORK! WORK! with a dash of "gotta believe" and a pinch of "confidence" plus a couple of move in's don't hurt. To my knowledge those guys hit Howell and add that to the couple of guys that hit Howell for Kountze last year and you get four guys with a record of hitting him which in a pitching dual can be a game changer. Not saying The Pirates are not gonna have that same approach on their side as well; I am sure they will so I make it a dog fight and the team that commits the most mental errors will be the dog with it's tail between the old back legs. Hey I love watching the Howell kid pitch, because he is good,[b] by the way big congrats to him on signing with Lamar! Stuff like that just helps our district get noticed. [/b] [/quote]

Jacob is a fine young man that works tremendously hard and deserves all the recognition he is getting.

Guest kountzemania
Yes Steeler, that is what I am told. It's great when hard working kids get rewarded for their hard work and good character. I hope he has a great season but also takes care of his arm and is not over worked, because the kid has a bright future.

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1338527" timestamp="1353512819"]
Yes Steeler, that is what I am told. It's great when hard working kids get rewarded for their hard work and good character. I hope he has a great season but also takes care of his arm and is not over worked, because the kid has a bright future.
[/quote]
Amen to this post.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest D-WillrUnninTRAINS
D-WILL is staying in HARDIN..... Hardins team took a hit and lost alot of players in some key positions, Catcher and their infield (3rd base, Short stop, 2nd base) but Hardin has the talent to fill those spots IF they are coached right and actually have practice and not play little kid games during practice. D-WILL is the best pitcher in this district. He has a commanding Fastball, a very nice 12-6 curve ball, and a pitch no one in the district has can even think about throwing and having that kinda movement. Now as for "Jacob Howell" the kid throws hard thats it. How can you say hes the ve up and down on an attempted curve ball, and slows his arm down alot, change up his whole entire body and motion slows down you can read the kid from a mile away, dont get me wrong he throws hard..... BUT THATS IT!!!!!!! in district? Because he throws 87 MPH? HAHAHA go look at the next level guys, 87-88 MPH isnt what yall think it is, his off speed so easy to tell when hes gonna throw it, lets start with this he moves his glo. HARDIN will win district IF THEY CAN GET THEIR HEADS OUTTA THEIR ASS AND THEIR COACH CAN CONDUCT A WELL PUT TOGETHER PRACTICE EACH AND EVERY DAY. D-Will's lil brother A-WILL is gonna be another up and coming very solid pitcher, if he can get the proper coaching. Look for Hardin to play ALOT of small ball this coming up season.

Guest kountzemania
WOW! Lets just all stay home Hardin got to keep a pitcher! FYI Baseball 101, a team must still hit and score at least one run to win and a team must field the ball with out errors. I am glad Hardin has a super secret pitch pitcher guy, but one pitcher is rarely enough to get the job done even with a secret pitch. LOL! Look I am just picking, but really man your guy is a good pitcher and a season will tell the story, but I still have to give The Howell kid a lot of credit and weight curve ball or not. Check your stats and that will say enough. I think it will be a tough season all the way around this year, because each team will play each other three times and a coach will have to strategically pitch his go to guy at the right spots to make him the most effective and trust me more times than not the bull-pen will be a big factor ie... takes more than one pitcher. Hey don't get me wrong I want to see a lot of kids in this district do well because it draws attention to the kids, so officially best of luck to D-WILL hope for him it works out and he rolls, but it is a not going to be an easy roll for any pitcher or team in general. The district may have cut down in size, but it is still gonna be a very tight race!

[quote name="kountzemania" post="1353158" timestamp="1355181205"]
WOW! Lets just all stay home Hardin got to keep a pitcher! FYI Baseball 101, a team must still hit and score at least one run to win and a team must field the ball with out errors. I am glad Hardin has a super secret pitch pitcher guy, but one pitcher is rarely enough to get the job done even with a secret pitch. LOL! Look I am just picking, but really man your guy is a good pitcher and a season will tell the story, but I still have to give The Howell kid a lot of credit and weight curve ball or not. [b]Check your stats and that will say enough[/b]. I think it will be a tough season all the way around this year, because each team will play each other three times and a coach will have to strategically pitch his go to guy at the right spots to make him the most effective and trust me more times than not the bull-pen will be a big factor ie... takes more than one pitcher. Hey don't get me wrong I want to see a lot of kids in this district do well because it draws attention to the kids, so officially best of luck to D-WILL hope for him it works out and he rolls, but it is a not going to be an easy roll for any pitcher or team in general. The district may have cut down in size, but it is still gonna be a very tight race!
[/quote]
I am looking at the last 2 games Jacob has pitched against Hardin/Williams and its really not close. Ask your Coach to see the books and that should tell you what you need to know. You keep believing all Howell has is a fast ball and you'll be looking silly. Anyone that's seen this young man pitch the last couple years knows how foolish a statement that is.  ::) Thanks Kountzemania for lending some common sense to this thread, as others are obviously clueless. Kountze/Deweyville and EC will be scapping for the District Championship this year. Williams is a special talent and deserves all the accolades he has received, but Hardin lost alot of talent and will have a hard time competing for the DC. IMO

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder