Lamar wants to avoid kickoff time confusion

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1234903" timestamp="1341942642"]
Why is a 3 pm game on a Saturday hard to attend???? Fans are actually at the games despite the empty seats. They just prefer to tailgate through the game lol.
[/quote]

I don't see any problem with 3pm games. I attended many a 2:30pm A&M games. Gives one an opportunity to do something later that night. Maybe even attend a high school game that night. Works for me.

Day games in and of themselves are not bad. thaey just affect the tailgating experience, and if you have kids involved in any kind of fall sports or events it makes it difficult to attend the game alone much less tailgate, hence the reason my kids are not allowed to play fall sports.

[i]“Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”[/i]

afternoon game attendance was horrible before they dropped football..aint gonna change...all the wannabes will be watching on the tube..at least at night, you aint competing with 10 other games, just a couple

people on the east side--gonna be blind from looking into the setting sun

Guest sly0071
3pm games will be horrible for us as our kids still play youth football on Saturdays.  I guess after this season, the Athletic dept will have some season tickets behind the bench for sale. 

Sorry but this is what's wrong with Southeast Texas "fans." Excuses, excuses and more excuses of why they can't go to games. Games are too early, it's too hot, etc. The best game since returning the program had the smallest crowd. The win over South Dakota. I can't tell you how many people told me it was too cold to go! It was in the 50s!!!!

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1235912" timestamp="1342298597"]
Sorry but this is what's wrong with Southeast Texas "fans." Excuses, excuses and more excuses of why they can't go to games. Games are too early, it's too hot, etc. The best game since returning the program had the smallest crowd. The win over South Dakota. I can't tell you how many people told me it was too cold to go! It was in the 50s!!!!
[/quote]
Very true!  I can say I've been to every home game since football was brought back and unless it's something beyond my control I will be at every home game this year.

I dont see what all the fuss is about. Either you are a true Lamar fan or not. The game has to be played at some time, cant adjust times to fit everyones schedule. Maybe the local peewee leagues can adjust their schedules so the kids can make the college games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder