Deer Park job opening?

The history of Coach Jag is to build successful baseball programs and after 4-6yrs, move on to the next challenge, but getting a call last week about this situation and him "retiring" made me wonder and ask is his health ok or is he moving on to another school by the end of the summer...

The man can flat out build programs and develop players with his no-nonsense direct approach, a trait not used by many coaches any more these days....

Wish the man well, for he is a true baseball man....

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="1230788" timestamp="1339789974"]
The history of Coach Jag is to build successful baseball programs and after 4-6yrs, move on to the next challenge, but getting a call last week about this situation and him "retiring" made me wonder and ask is his health ok or is he moving on to another school by the end of the summer...

The man can flat out build programs and develop players with his no-nonsense direct approach, a trait not used by many coaches any more these days....

Wish the man well, for he is a true baseball man....

[/quote]

No health problems with Coach Jag, he just felt time to hang them up and enjoy retirement,  but like you said he builds programs so you never know after a year

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="hitman009" post="1231327" timestamp="1340070071"]
[quote author=Baseballfan22 link=topic=100554.msg1230826#msg1230826 date=1339811893]
I heard Rupp!!
[/quote]I heard that as well.  do you think they are going to post the GCM job now?
[/quote]

The job has to be open to be posted. It's not open.

Deer Park ISD’s Board of Trustees approved the administration’s recommendation for a new baseball head coach and new assistant baseball coach, both of whom worked or played for legendary Rice University and San Jacinto College coach Wayne Graham.

Deer Park’s new head baseball coach Chris Rupp brings 31 years of coaching experience at the high school, junior college and collegiate levels to Deer Park High School’s baseball program.

Rupp led the team into the post-season in six of his seven seasons during his time as North Shore High School’s head coach, including two regional championships and a 1987 finish as state semi-finalists.

After coaching at SJC, Rupp was assistant coach and recruiting coordinator at Rice University from 2001-2003. His tenure there included two Western Athletic Conference championships, two regional championships, one super regional championship, and one trip to the National Junior College Athletic Association college world series.

He subsequently spent four seasons as head baseball coach at Sam Houston State University. In 2008, became head coach at Goose Creek Memorial in Baytown, a position in which he served through the 2012 season.

Rupp earned his master of education degree from Stephen F. Austin University and his bachelor of science degree from Texas A&M University.

Donnie Elliott, a 1987 Deer Park graduate with 10 years of experience in professional baseball, will coach Deer Park’s pitchers. For eight of the last 10 years he spent at South Houston High School, Elliott served as head baseball coach. During that time, Elliott led the team to its first play-off appearance in 23 years.

Elliott earned his bachelor of arts degree from the University of Houston at Clear Lake.

Rupp replaces retiring head coach Emerick Jagneaux, and Elliott fills an assistant coach vacancy.

[quote name="Kenny Powers" post="1231473" timestamp="1340132941"]
Hopefully Thames takes over at GCM. He is going to be a good one IMO.
[/quote]

I totally agree, my son is very hopeful that he will get to take over and keep the program going in the right direction.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1231327" timestamp="1340070071"]
[quote author=Baseballfan22 link=topic=100554.msg1230826#msg1230826 date=1339811893]
I heard Rupp!!
[/quote]I heard that as well.  do you think they are going to post the GCM job now?
[/quote]

I don't know much about the GCM job I just had some inside info about 2 weeks ago on Rupp be the coach DP wanted.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder