Nederland little league

like pngforever said most allstar teams are put together & playing select before the picks are made by coaches who put the xtra time & work in to give their allstar teams a better chance to compete with teams past district.if they aint doing this they wont be very good teams.  there is always a debate for the last 2 or 3 spots which come down between the weaker kids on chosen select team & the ones that dont play on the chosen select team. then u factor in the manager who made deals with other managers so his kid could make it,& board  members kids who feel they earned a spot for their kid by being on the board.nothing new here,that is any community little league sport with a board.im sure if mr. hendricks dad or mom would have been on the board or one of the liked managers he would have been a first ballot unanimous pick in any little league.play select leave little league for the complainers, cry babies & non believers of competition where the best players play.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1230424" timestamp="1339609999"]
like pngforever said most allstar teams are put together & playing select before the picks are made by coaches who put the xtra time & work in to give their allstar teams a better chance to compete with teams past district.if they aint doing this they wont be very good teams.  there is always a debate for the last 2 or 3 spots which come down between the weaker kids on chosen select team & the ones that dont play on the chosen select team. then u factor in the manager who made deals with other managers so his kid could make it,& board  members kids who feel they earned a spot for their kid by being on the board.nothing new here,that is any community little league sport with a board.im sure if mr. hendricks dad or mom would have been on the board or one of the liked managers he would have been a first ballot unanimous pick in any little league.play select leave little league for the [b]complainers, cry babies [/b] & non believers of competition where the best players play.
[/quote]
TRUST me, you have them too in select.........  ;)

vp93 if u have them in select , u picked them,u dont have to put up with them  & u can always cut them,probably make your team better.  ;D.

westend1-never was a problem with my kid making allstars even was a starter on a local team that made a trip to waco.  after 20yrs in L.L. i believe almost any kid can make allstars,THE HARD PART is winning district,sectionals,state or regionals.

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1230468" timestamp="1339624040"]
vp93 if u have them in select , u picked them,u dont have to put up with them  & u can always cut them,probably make your team better.  ;D.

westend1-never was a problem with my kid making allstars even was a stater on a local team that made a trip to waco.  after 20yrs in L.L. i believe almost any kid can make allstars,THE HARD PART is winning district,sectionals,state or regionals.
[/quote]  I hear you.  state had some good teams last year.    ;)  However, only about 13 kids can "make allstars" each year. 

Hmm I have not been called to practice all stars yet...or as Dieago calls it "select" practice....If the kids on the all star team are practicing together before the teams are allowed to be announced, sounds like a blatant violation of little league rules to me.  And if you put a select team together with what you "feel" is the All Star team then it sounds like other kids in the little league program pretty much do not have a shot at all stars before the season starts.

my $.02

.[quote name="MoFo" post="1230572" timestamp="1339687299"]
Hmm I have not been called to practice all stars yet...or as Dieago calls it "select" practice....If the kids on the all star team are practicing together before the teams are allowed to be announced, sounds like a blatant violation of little league rules to me.  [b]And if you put a select team together with what you "feel" is the All Star team then it sounds like other kids in the little league program pretty much do not have a shot at all stars before the season starts.[/b]my $.02
[/quote]

THATS THE WAY IT WORKS IF YOU WANT TO ADVANCE. THIS AREA IS FINALLY CATCHING UP TO WHAT OTHER AREAS OF THE U.S. HAVE BEEN DOING FOR A LONG TIME. MANY JUST PLAY SELECT ONLY TILL THIER 12 YEAR OLD YEAR. THEN COME BACK TO LITTLE LEAGUE FOR ALL STARS. THE TEAM IS PRETTY MUCH SET

nothing wrong with a guy getting the best 10 to 12 in his town & playing a few highly competitive select tournaments with them to make the players & coaches better.if those 10 to12 players play league & get voted to the towns allstar team they have a better chance of being successful,because they experienced real baseball in select.its not the official allstar team,theres always a chance sum of the select kids dont make it so there is no rule of the many little league rules being broken.

Wow? So Neerland knows who has and has not made it? I know our league has not announced as of yet. If im not mistaken when we drafted all stars the board and head coach were the only ones to know who made it and it was clearly communicated that if word got out before the announcment date that our league would be DQ'd per District 32 ADA. Very interesting.......... :o

Just my point Diego, I dont know if he made it maybe West End Little League should jump on the announce and practice early schedule it sounds like some of you guys are on. As far as your comment about select being "REAL" baseball then why come to little league as a 12 year old, and bump out all of the NON-real baseball players that have been playing FAKE little league baseball for the past 3 year? Oh wait I know why because REAL select baseball does not have ESPN coverage and we would hate to have a bunch of kids on ESPN that do not know how to play REAL baseball....

Sorry you have hit a sore spot with me, I like select, and my kids have played select, but I get sick and tired of all of you GREAT select coaches and select players bashing Little league for 3 years and then jumping on the wagon with pipe dreams and candy cane wishes of going to Williamsport, to play in a league you have belittled and bashed most of the time. My kids love little league, they love playing with their friends that are mediocre players and can not make a select team. They like it for what it is FUN

U GUYS ARE KIDDING YOURSELVES IF U THINK IN ANY LEAGUE THE ALLSTAR  PICKS ARE KEPT A COMPLETE SECRET & NO ONE KNOWS BUT THE PEOPLE IN THE VOTING ROOM UNTIL THE ANNOUNCEMENT.EVERYONE LOVES PLAYING WITH FRIENDS ,BEING FAIR & HAVING FUN WITH THE MEDIOCRE PLAYERS,UNTIL ALLSTAR VOTING STARTS.MAYBE WESTEND IS THE LEAGUE WITH CANDY CANE WISHES WHERE EVERY THING IS PERFECT, REAL BASEBALL IS PLAYED IN LITTLE LEAGUE, WHERE NO KIDS GET LEFT OUT,UMPIRES ARENT SEEN OR HEARD & ALL THE PARENTS LOVE EACH OTHER.

I never stated that Nederland all starts was a select team and they were already practicing. I said that they were pretty much already selected to the team before the season was over...regardless of their season stats. This is very unfair to the kids who had better stats than lets say..half of the team.

kf89, I never stated all star balloting is a flawless process. I stated that for the most part select coaches want to bash little league, the multiple rules, the sub par baseball that it is. They skip their little league games and or practices to make sure the show up for their select practices yet come all star time the select gets put on the back burner and wooo hoooo lets go little league time kicks in.

My point is if you are going to bash something all year and consider it WAY below your standards then why jump on the band wagon at all????

[quote name="CF22" post="1230598" timestamp="1339694156"]
Wow? So Neerland knows who has and has not made it? I know our league has not announced as of yet. [glow=red,2,300]If im not mistaken when we drafted all stars the board and head coach were the only ones to know who made it and it was clearly communicated that if word got out before the announcment date [/glow] that our league would be DQ'd per District 32 ADA. Very interesting.......... :o
[/quote]If you are a manager in the draft you will know who makes the team...So that means 7 managers know who is on this team in NLL..And as far as this team practicing 6 of the kids have been in New York playing select ...

[quote name="hvac_setx" post="1229540" timestamp="1339256541"]
You know, it's really not that bad not being picked for allstars. [glow=red,2,300]Most of the coaches have ABSOLUTELY no eye for talent anyway,[/glow] and were only picked as coaches by the daddy rule anyway
[/quote]DO YOU COACH hvac ?

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1230658" timestamp="1339720255"]
I never stated that Nederland all starts was a select team and they were already practicing. I said that they were pretty much already selected to the team before the season was over...regardless of their season stats. This is very unfair to the kids who had better stats than lets say..half of the team.
[/quote]I am guessing you have coached with Hensley in the fall ..But I could be wrong..The kid is good enough to be on this team no doubt, as far as stats go I do not think his are better than half of this team ..yes some for sure.. In my opinion a all star coach has to make sure his basic defence and pitching is coverded ..That is how I vote for my team..What I want to know is was the kid talked about in the draft..I am a manager in the majors , but I had to work so I was not able to sit in the draft..I understand the draft was already a little heated due to a coaches son that was also good enough to be on the team but he did not make it ...So my question is what was the focus on in this draft... ;)

[quote name="libbymoss" post="1229382" timestamp="1339170166"]
This is Dylan Hendricks mom and first I would like to say I am sorry if you thought I was ranting on FB I think more like an upset mom looking out for her child and I now see that they have to learn at an early age there are dissappointments in life and you have to keep your head up and move on! As far as Dylan hitting sometimes your wrong Dylan had an amazing season including as you say it the longballs but his hitting was excellent and not sometimes are you sure we are talking about the same kid? I understand hitting home runs will not get him on an Allstar team but Dylan is an allround excellent player and rarely makes a mistake in the feild if you had watched my son you would have seen some excellent plays some that you would remember for a long time! He pitched and this was def not where he was strongest he did above avg. and always gave 100 percent when they put him on the mound! Please remember that we have family that read this and friends and remember he is only 12 and those longballs as you call them well he has not stopped smiling since he hit he first one!!!
[/quote]Libby check your PM

[quote name="BaseBow" post="1230697" timestamp="1339755809"]
DO YOU COACH hvac ?
[/quote]
I haven't coached in two years, but I have for many years.  Coached my sons all the way up through Sr. Babe Ruth.  And like I said, MOST coaches don't have an eye for talent.  Of course there are some who do.
It's just ridiculous when it's obvious.
If a kid can't field ground balls worth a darn, why would you put him in the infield if you have another one, etc?
If a kid is not a very consistant hitter, why put him in the top of the batting order, giving him more at bats than most?
Most coaches don't teach fundamentals.  They go to practice, throw some BP while all the players are standing around, and that's it.

[quote name="hvac_setx" post="1230738" timestamp="1339772539"]
[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=100290.msg1230697#msg1230697 date=1339755809]
DO YOU COACH hvac ?
[/quote]
I haven't coached in two years, but I have for many years.  Coached my sons all the way up through Sr. Babe Ruth.  And like I said, MOST coaches don't have an eye for talent.  Of course there are some who do.
It's just ridiculous when it's obvious.
If a kid can't field ground balls worth a darn, why would you put him in the infield if you have another one, etc?
If a kid is not a very consistant hitter, why put him in the top of the batting order, giving him more at bats than most?
Most coaches don't teach fundamentals.  They go to practice, throw some BP while all the players are standing around, and that's it.
[/quoute] Yep you are correct..did you coach in Ned LL

The coaches typically vote for the guys who can help them win at district and beyond.  Occasionally,  coaches will get together and vote for their own kids.  i have seen it happen.  But, I have never seen a kid who is clearly better than the others, who was not voted onto the allstar team.  In other words, if it is close, the tie goes to the coaches/board members kid.  I have never seen an allstar coach who says "I don't care about winning, I am taking a board members kid".  The guys are competitive and they want to win.  It is only the 11-14 kids who are usually controversial.

ahh, All-stars, my favorite 8)

Let me put in my thoughts (as I don't have a dog in this fight).

Mofo...select (travel ball) makes you better. (period).  You want to play at the next level, I am talking about high school and beyond.  Better find you a [s]good [/s]  great select team and develop your skills by playing with and against BETTer talent. 

When you broaden the talent pool you see in a season, you either rise to the challenge or realize you are not as goood as you thought. 

Baseball is a mind field of "little johnnies" who believe they have "it."  ( and 99.9999% don't) 

I could probably say this with confidence, you have in your lifetime MAYBE have seen one player with real baseball talent and they are not related to you.

Little league is a dinosaur, and it's extinction will happen.

You can't be driving a Model T on the Houston freeways and keep up with traffic. 

Little League serves its purpose in bring a community together and giving kids a chance to play baseball.

However, if you want to better yourself, you have to challenge yourself.  When you go for instance to Houston and play a tournament, you will have a wake up call.  There are bigger, better kids than in your neighborhood at home.  For the truly talented kid, he will rise to the top.  In today's game, you have to realize that your opportunities are limited only by your mindset.

We did play select and early years of LL.  We opted NOT to jump back in and play LL at 12, I wished they would have.  However, the dividends payed off now.  They are athletes at higher level than those who stayed home.

Coaches love this because they have players who have seen talent as they would see in say a baseball playoff game.

All-star coaches are only as good as their players they put on the field.  I do believe all coaches son's should be voted in, simply because all year they have had to "hear" it all season long (it would be their payoff in a sense and typically their sons are decent ballplayers because their parent has put the time in with them, as the team as well).  Field the team out with the other best players in the league, regardless of who their parents are or are not.  After all, who wants to put all that work in only to lose.

Baseball is the only sport where the object of the game is to "Go Home." Ben Witherington

[i]I do believe all coaches son's should be voted in,[/i]

this is nonsense and one of little leagues biggest problems..and yes, i have coached and [b]left my kid off[/b]..is that why you coach a team? so your kid can make all stars?  then you are in it for the wrong reason.  Field the best players...not daddys boys or the most popular

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder