Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Soccer Teams

I emailed the Beaumont Enterprise a couple of weeks ago asking when these (and All District Teams) would be in the newspaper and the sports editor replied that he did not have all of the information from coaches back yet. (?) He said they should have them out in a few weeks. I notice that last year, both were printed in the paper by mid April.

C'mon BE. You can do better than this. 

I agree...I've been looking for the All-District soccer list to appear in the paper... would also love to see the list for Super Gold Soccer Team. Seems like all of the previous discussions must have been senior parents from last year that are no longer a part of soccer. I know the posts did not stop after soccer was over.  Hope Beaumont Enterprise comes through soon....

Not to be an apologist for the Enterprise, but we must remember that the Enterprise has 1/3 less manpower this year on the high school sports beat than they did last year.  Last year, along with Jared Ainsworth and David Henry, they also had Gina Mizell, who if you recall did most of the soccer related articles.

In the summer, Gina moved on to the Oklahoman where she now is the OSU beat writer.  David and Jared will have the team put together very soon, just give them a little room.

Looks like soccer all district teams may suffer the same fate. Unless maybe they publish them at the same time as Super Gold.
Cutting reporters and then adding duties to the remaining reporters prolly has them making some tough decisions about what to report on.
I guess that newspapers in general are going the way of the dinosaur.  :(

Congrats to Katie Evans for being selected as BE Super Gold Player of the Year. She is a great young lady.

But where are the rest of the Super Gold selections? And the article that Daniel wrote has some glaring errors. He credits Katie with the Bi-District goal VS LCM, which was actually scored by Shay Mitchell. Also gave Katie an assist vs Magnolia that is an error. Katie did have an awesome year and playoffs. She does not need false credits.

No wonder the newspaper is slowly going out of business. Every time you turn around they are cutting something and pissing off more people. If it is not football or basketball, the reporters just blow it off.

I have about had it myself. I've been a subscriber since 1974, but I think I am done with BE.

If scoring attributed to Katie Evans in the Super Gold player of the year article was incorrect, I apologize, however, scoring citations were provided by Lumberton's coach and reconfirmed with Katie herself. Of course, people sometimes misrecall facts, but the pair did not provide the information with an intent to deceive or purposely inflate Katie's record.

• 2 months later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    haha369
    Newest Member
    haha369