Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Crosby Game 1 Thread/LC-M wins 12-8!

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1218024" timestamp="1336098139"]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=99684.msg1218015#msg1218015 date=1336097952]
Balked in the tying run!! Tied ball game.
[/quote]

Thats a lame call
[/quote]

It was an exceedingly correct call.  But you have to understand baseball to know that.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LCM76" post="1218082" timestamp="1336101009"]
[quote author=Smoking Baby link=topic=99684.msg1218024#msg1218024 date=1336098139]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=99684.msg1218015#msg1218015 date=1336097952]
Balked in the tying run!! Tied ball game.
[/quote]

Thats a lame call
[/quote]

It was an exceedingly correct call.  But you have to understand baseball to know that.
[/quote]

Double step balk that was so obvious, even the cheerleaders knew it...

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1218037" timestamp="1336098354"]
What a crock of Dayton that call was.  The mighty Bears may not be so mighty after-all.  Geeze.
[/quote]

We may not be so mighty but to play as poorly as we did tonight and still come away with a win says a lot about this team.

I heard one player say "This was the worst game I ever played in and the best game I ever played in"

A real roller-coaster tonight.

[quote name="Bear Country" post="1218021" timestamp="1336098092"]
Grand slam for Swan!! Walk-off!!!
[/quote]

In addition he had two doubles off the wall and a single.  And an intentional walk.  Not a bad night at all.

[quote name="LCM76" post="1218089" timestamp="1336101483"]
[quote author=Bear Country link=topic=99684.msg1218021#msg1218021 date=1336098092]
Grand slam for Swan!! Walk-off!!!
[/quote]

In addition he had two doubles off the wall and a single.  And an intentional walk.  Not a bad night at all.
[/quote]

Congrats to the Bears and to James. Thats a memory that will last a lifetime.

BUSH LEAGUE!!!!! for the coach to yell out "GO, GO, GO" as loud as you can right before the pitcher goes into the wind up.  BUSH!!! thats like the coach yelling ball in the infeld pop up... 
NO CLASS BUSH!!!!
as for the call, I can see why they called balk, it was jerky by the pithcer but his right foot did disingage from the rubber.  But if you call that, in a 7-8 ball game, why not call all of the balks by LCM.  You have to come to a stop while pitching.  LCM balked at least 6 times

[quote name="hitman009" post="1218171" timestamp="1336133589"]
BUSH LEAGUE!!!!! for the coach to yell out "GO, GO, GO" as loud as you can right before the pitcher goes into the wind up.  BUSH!!! thats like the coach yelling ball in the infeld pop up... 
NO CLASS BUSH!!!!
as for the call, I can see why they called balk, it was jerky by the pithcer but his right foot did disingage from the rubber.  But if you call that, in a 7-8 ball game, why not call all of the balks by LCM.  You have to come to a stop while pitching.  LCM balked at least 6 times
[/quote]

WAH!...When in the playoffs, when on a varsity team, you get the "kid league" mistakes out of your system.  My son pitched for Griff way back when, and he taught them to focus, and not worry about the noise of others.  Jerky? Try double step toward the plate without delivery, with the foot engaged UNTIL he knew he screwed up...correct call by FOUR umpires.

[quote name="elhector1" post="1218176" timestamp="1336134931"]
[quote author=hitman009 link=topic=99684.msg1218171#msg1218171 date=1336133589]
NO CLASS BUSH!!!!
[/quote]

WAH!...When in the playoffs, when on a varsity team, you get the "kid league" mistakes out of your system.  My son pitched for Griff way back when, and he taught them to focus, and not worry about the noise of others.  Jerky? Try double step toward the plate without delivery, with the foot engaged UNTIL he knew he screwed up...correct call by FOUR umpires.
[/quote]BUSH any way you look at it...to use little league tacktics and YELL at a kid... dont matter what he said he was tring to get a balk... the kid did not even move... BUSH!!!.... and 4 did not call, 2 did and the two that did where the home and 2nd. the 1st and 3rd did not and had better view of right foot coming off. That is why they did not call. 
Really Hat creek is right... crosby made many errors and should have put yall away early.. thats alright.... that is why it is a series

hitman, you're complaining that the yelling caused the kid to move, but then you say he didn't move...which is it?  As for the umps, I saw all 4 sets of hands go up...though, even in your scenario, 2nd base has a better perspective on the foot engaging the rubber.

We can argue umps all day long...I can argue about the home plate umpire's floating strike zone...at the end of the brouhaha, you had an 8-8 tie, with 2 outs, broken by a grand slam...

if you can read i said I can see why they called it.. he jerked, or a quick move, while his right foot was going back.... which is not a balk.... as for what you seen, only 1 CALLED IT. If you know the rules, hands in the air means TIME. When one calls they all throw their hands in the air to signal time or dead ball... like a foul ball...  As for the floating strike zone you are right.  In the 5th inn there was a no call 3 strike that would have got crosby off the field only giving up 1. the ump missed a lot of calls both ways. AND NO... 1ST AND 3RD HAVE BETTER VIEWS BECAUSE THEY CAN SEE THE BACK OF THE RUBBER.
I take nothing away from the LCM kids.. they did a great job battling back.
I just think it is BUSH as a coach to Yell right before a wind up to try to get a balk. Its not againt the rules.... JUST BUSH LEAGUE!!!

[quote name="hitman009" post="1218202" timestamp="1336138254"]
if you can read i said I can see why they called it.. he jerked, or a quick move, while his right foot was going back.... which is not a balk.... as for what you seen, only 1 CALLED IT. If you know the rules, hands in the air means TIME. When one calls they all throw their hands in the air to signal time or dead ball... like a foul ball...  As for the floating strike zone you are right.  In the 5th inn there was a no call 3 strike that would have got crosby off the field only giving up 1. the ump missed a lot of calls both ways. AND NO... 1ST AND 3RD HAVE BETTER VIEWS BECAUSE THEY CAN SEE THE BACK OF THE RUBBER.
I take nothing away from the LCM kids.. they did a great job battling back.
I just think it is BUSH as a coach to Yell right before a wind up to try to get a balk. Its not againt the rules.... JUST BUSH LEAGUE!!!

[/quote]

Get over yourself guy. Its not "BUSH" league to yell at his own players. IF was yelling at your players that he was going than thats different. Just suck it up that your players can't handle a high pressure game.

Bear country we need to just let it go as far as hitman goes. (i think he is coach at crosby)

You, me, and all of our current and former players know our team runs a few offensive plays like "fake steal of home".  Coach tells us when to get started. Nothing wrong with that at all. You can't wait until pitcher goes into windup, too late.  Hopefully knees buckle.  They did. Sometimes these things work. Last night it did.

I say good luck to both teams today.  Enough of the bickering.

[quote name="lcmfan" post="1218229" timestamp="1336140670"]
Bear country we need to just let it go as far as hitman goes. (i think he is coach at crosby)

You, me, and all of our current and former players know our team runs a few offensive plays like "fake steal of home".  Coach tells us when to get started. Nothing wrong with that at all. You can't wait until pitcher goes into windup, too late.  Hopefully knees buckle.  They did. Sometimes these things work. Last night it did.

[/quote]

Yea i'm sure. We can argue that all day til we are blue in the face. Big game tonight though. Lets hope our players can get focused for game 2 tonight.

I personally think that grand slam should be reversed.  Someone moved the fence in 100 feet.  And yes, I could see the pitchers mound rubber all the way from the superior BH.  ;) 

Seriously, that's got to be a great memory for the kid that hit the walk-off grammy....... what a deal!    ;D

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="onlythetruth" post="1218244" timestamp="1336141775"]
enough about the balk. didn't figure in anyway. The batter that was at bat when the balk was called ended up walking. Oh yea, then there was that SLAM. [size=14pt]Bad call too?[/size][/quote]

Well, if you're Crosby it was.

[quote name="lcmfan" post="1218229" timestamp="1336140670"]

[/quote]
I got a better idea: Lets go back and forth all day with Hitman in order to distract him from tonights game so he wont be focused on getting his team ready because he speant all day arguing with us. :) :) :)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86