Matt Cross named Head Men's Basketball Coach at Talledega College!!

He was he head coach there before they moved UP to NAIA...It really depends on the school and level...NJCAA Division I is a bit more regarded than NAIA...It really depends on where you land...This was definitely a step back for Cross...The public is not being told the WHOLE story as to why he left so abruptly saying it was for "health reasons".

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1213915" timestamp="1335185059"]
He was he head coach there before they moved UP to NAIA...It really depends on the school and level...NJCAA Division I is a bit more regarded than NAIA...It really depends on where you land...This was definitely a step back for Cross...[b]The public is not being told the WHOLE story as to why he left so abruptly saying it was for "health reasons".[/b]
[/quote]

Over budget, playing ineligible players, fighting incidents (more than just the one at the conf. tourney) among other things that had nothing to do with "health" reasons.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1213915" timestamp="1335185059"]
He was he head coach there before they moved UP to NAIA...It really depends on the school and level...NJCAA Division I is a bit more regarded than NAIA...It really depends on where you land...This was definitely a step back for Cross...The public is not being told the WHOLE story as to why he left so abruptly saying it was for "health reasons".
[/quote]
And there you have it from the acknowledged USA Champion resume' builder. :D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1213962" timestamp="1335193932"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=99209.msg1213915#msg1213915 date=1335185059]
He was he head coach there before they moved UP to NAIA...It really depends on the school and level...NJCAA Division I is a bit more regarded than NAIA...It really depends on where you land...This was definitely a step back for Cross...[b]The public is not being told the WHOLE story as to why he left so abruptly saying it was for "health reasons".[/b]
[/quote]

Over budget, playing ineligible players, fighting incidents (more than just the one at the conf. tourney) among other things that had nothing to do with "health" reasons.
[/quote]

Well, with that now known, maybe he left "In fear of his heath" reasons.  Sorry to learn of all the behind the games issues.

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1213968" timestamp="1335194905"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=99209.msg1213915#msg1213915 date=1335185059]
[/quote]
And there you have it from the acknowledged USA Champion resume' builder. :D
[/quote]
Sorry if my knowledge is still intimidating to you.... ;)...In all seriousness, this IS a step back for him...NJCAA D-1 is a solid stepping stone to NCAA D-1 coaching...Especially in a conference like region 14...NAIA is great, but winning big and having a solid program at the NJCAA D-1 level holds more weight in trying to move on...I wish him luck, but obviously there were some big time issues that forced this move..Obviously.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mmj0
    Newest Member
    mmj0