John Woodard Warrens New Head Coach

#1 warrior is correct. Y'all probably do not know as DC at Ganado Coach Woodard helped with a 22-2 record. He is a good football coach and motivator. Warren is lucky to get him. Just because people have bad records dont mean they cant coach. Sometimes you have to look at were they coached.I have been at some of those schools that the talent level is not there and you coach your butt off but it just does not help. He has a tough enough job ahead of him with out people putting him down while not knowing him. Good luck Coach Woodard.

This could be a good hire for Warren. If coach Woodard brings the 903 area code attitude to warren you will see a difference. Look at all the State Championships in the State of Texas for the past 20 Years. Most All are won from central, west,and north east texas,not because they have better talent,but because of the attitudes the coaches and communities alike.Most towns in these areas shut down to support the kids. Warren and Colmesneil I believe have made changes that will help their programs.

Just a classic example of a Sup. trying to get back at a board who non- renewed the other coach even though he recommended that they keep him. The sup. is on his way out so he is going to strong arm everyone and let them know he is in charge.

I had the opportunity to meet Coach Woodard tonight and I have to say I came away very impressed.  Seems very confident , motivated, and happy to be here.  Concept that he is bringing to Warren is exactly what Warren needs.  He is leaving a pre-season #1 in Ganado to come to Warren .  Please meet the man, ask questions, and then see what you think.

[quote name="warparty" post="1214585" timestamp="1335319173"]
I had the opportunity to meet Coach Woodard tonight and I have to say I came away very impressed.  Seems very confident , motivated, and happy to be here.  Concept that he is bringing to Warren is exactly what Warren needs.  He is leaving a pre-season #1 in Ganado to come to Warren .  Please meet the man, ask questions, and then see what you think.
[/quote]

Warren had a similar situation in the mid 80's with a coach that originated at Barbers Hill (state championship years), played at UT....great man, great coach...he ran strict hard nose practices....problem was....to many "locals" felt their "boy" was the save all athlete and should this or should that....anyhow...locals put undue pressure and false allegations against his wife, forcing them out.....lets just say...it's easy to SAY you want change, or want to be good...etc....etc....a whole different ball game to walk the walk the walk and DO what it takes for that to happen.

[quote name="Craig S" post="1214623" timestamp="1335358048"]
[quote author=warparty link=topic=99203.msg1214585#msg1214585 date=1335319173]
[/quote]

Warren had a similar situation in the mid 80's with a coach that originated at Barbers Hill (state championship years), played at UT....great man, great coach...he ran strict hard nose practices....problem was....to many "locals" felt their "boy" was the save all athlete and should this or should that....anyhow...locals put undue pressure and false allegations against his wife, forcing them out.....lets just say...it's easy to SAY you want change, or want to be good...etc....etc....a whole different ball game to walk the walk the walk and DO what it takes for that to happen.
[/quote] i don't remember all that was involved off the field with Brazell but I agree he was a good man...I remember after the first week of two-a-days looking up and seeing alot less people than we started with! LOL! We were in the best shape of our lives! It's important to note that Warren had two "hardnosed" coaches prior to Brazell that were successful and had the town's support in Coach Powell and Coach Bruce Taylor...however it had slipped the two years under Moye before Brazell arrived...Warren has supported it's teams through some awful years and is looking for someone to lead them to respectibility....I don't think it's an issue of "buying in" to a coach but more of what the coach has to work with as compared to Newton, East Chambers and Anahuac....IMO...

[quote name="88Warrior" post="1214686" timestamp="1335370270"]
[quote author=Craig S link=topic=99203.msg1214623#msg1214623 date=1335358048]
[quote author=warparty link=topic=99203.msg1214585#msg1214585 date=1335319173]
[/quote]

[/quote] i don't remember all that was involved off the field with Brazell but I agree he was a good man...I remember after the first week of two-a-days looking up and seeing alot less people than we started with! LOL! We were in the best shape of our lives! It's important to note that Warren had two "hardnosed" coaches prior to Brazell that were successful and had the town's support in Coach Powell and Coach Bruce Taylor...however it had slipped the two years under Moye before Brazell arrived...Warren has supported it's teams through some awful years and is looking for someone to lead them to respectibility....I don't think it's an issue of "buying in" to a coach but more of what the coach has to work with as compared to Newton, East Chambers and Anahuac....IMO...
[/quote]

99% agree, not sure of Powell and Taylor (moved in fall of 82 - left in 85)....but yes everything else I lived to tell about.

However, I do feel the players need to buy into a coaches program...with or without talent....it makes a good team better and a not so good team...well...not as bad as it would be.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder