Lamar plans to pick starting QB soon

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="1212199" timestamp="1334777993"]
Who do you have AAW?
[/quote]

Just based on the 4 practices and the spring game I have attended, I would start Berry. But it is very difficult to access the QB position with the "no contact" rule. The coaching staff has not allowed any of the QB's to run the ball and in the spring game when a defender just breathed on the QB, they ruled him down. I know in Jeremy's case, taking away his ability to make plays with his legs minimizes his play making abilities. Jeremy is a dual threat QB and his running ability is what sets him apart from many other QB's.

I realize that Jeremy needs some more work in his passing but IMO it is not as bad as some try to make it out to be. I watched the spring game last night and yes JJ was 7-17 for 60 yards, but he had a few drops and 3 completions were nullified due to penalties, 1 of which was a 40 yarder. Also, with the "no contact" rule, he missed out on making some plays with his running ability and I know for sure on 4 plays he would have gained big yards.

No QB is standing out right now, but if I had to make a decision on what I have seen, Berry would get the start.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder