1. It is in 3-A
2. Jack Yates is in 3-A
3. HJ enrollment will maintain 3-A status
4. Jack Yates' enrollment dropped to 3-A status
5. HJ doesn't have enough balls
6. Jack Yates have plenty of balls
7. The road to Austin goes thru [s]Houston[/s] Jack Yates Senior High
[/quote]

Why do you say "for several  more years"?  Sounds permanent to me.

[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1211490" timestamp="1334677492"]
NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION.  I suspect those comments are cage rattlers as opposed to asnine statements.  Bet you won't get a bite from the HJ staff.
[/quote]

You are right and it is killing them.

You are right Blue dove. HJ's plight is hopeless. That Bosha kid is a crappy player. The 30 points he scored against Friendswood and the 25 points he scored against Nederland were flucks. The Padgett kid cannot play at all neither can Martel and the other players. They can't be good because Ozen beat them by 2 points even though HJ was playing with 6 players and Ozen had about 15 players. Poor HJ whatever will they do?

[quote name="stevenash" post="1211477" timestamp="1334676667"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1211472#msg1211472 date=1334676218]
1. It is in 3-A
2. Jack Yates is in 3-A
3. HJ enrollment will maintain 3-A status
4. Jack Yates' enrollment dropped to 3-A status
5. HJ doesn't have enough balls
6. Jack Yates have plenty of balls
7. The road to Austin goes thru [s]Houston[/s] Jack Yates Senior High
[/quote]

Why do you say "for several  more years"?  Sounds permanent to me.
[/quote]Well, its been awhile *now* since you guys been to Austin.

[quote name="setxbbfan" post="1211490" timestamp="1334677492"]
NEVER UNDER-ESTIMATE THE HEART OF A CHAMPION.  I suspect those comments are cage rattlers as opposed to asnine statements.  Bet you won't get a bite from the HJ staff.
[/quote]
Why must you take the fun out of this thread? NO ONE IS BEING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW, except you....dang! >:(

[quote name="cbosha" post="1211499" timestamp="1334678593"]
You are right Blue dove. HJ's plight is hopeless. That Bosha kid is a crappy player. The 30 points he scored against Friendswood and the 25 points he scored against Nederland were flucks. The Padgett kid cannot play at all neither can Martel and the other players. They can't be good because Ozen beat them by 2 points even though HJ was playing with 6 players and Ozen had about 15 players. Poor HJ whatever will they do?
[/quote]I didn't say HJ players were bad ??? I said HJ won't make it to Austin because (read above)  ;)

[quote name="stevenash" post="1211509" timestamp="1334680309"]
Hj will be lucky to win 50% of their games this year even though all pre district games will be against 1-a opponents.
[/quote]Please be serious Nash. You know HJ will beat up on all 1-A and 2-A teams they meet in the 2012-213 season. ::)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1211515" timestamp="1334680838"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=99058.msg1211509#msg1211509 date=1334680309]
Hj will be lucky to win 50% of their games this year even though all pre district games will be against 1-a opponents.
[/quote]Please be serious Nash. You know HJ will beat up on all 1-A and 2-A teams they meet in the 2012-213 season. ::)
[/quote]

I don't know why you say that.  After all, your analytical basketball eye and acumen has already determined that the fact that there is only one ball will prove detrimental.  But I can see where you are going with this.  You expect HJ to win all the pre district games and then go winless in district.  That is a distinct possibility.  I am just foolish enough to offer some very compelling odds on that though.  And everybody knows what foolish bets I have put out on this board.

'Quite Frankly' BlueDove3 and Dickie V
One of my favorite off season quotes is "no championships are won when the seats are empty"...We as sports fans continue to make the mistake that championships are guaranteed based upon returning talent.  The most talented teams don't always win.  Ask Jack Yates this year!  OOOPS, I hope I did not strike a nerve...LOL...We forget that these ball players are 14-18 year old kids who put on these uniforms.  Did we also forget about Phi Slamma Jamma vs. NC State and Georgetown vs. Villanova? 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1211517" timestamp="1334681238"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1211515#msg1211515 date=1334680838]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=99058.msg1211509#msg1211509 date=1334680309]
[/quote]

I don't know why you say that.  After all, your analytical basketball eye and acumen has already determined that the fact that there is only one ball will prove detrimental.  But I can see where you are going with this.  You expect HJ to win all the pre district games and then go winless in district.  That is a distinct possibility.  I am just foolish enough to offer some very compelling odds on that though.  And everybody knows what foolish bets I have put out on this board.
[/quote]Nope, I've already said  HJ will make the playoffs this upcoming season.

[quote name="Steven_A_Smith" post="1211523" timestamp="1334681896"]
One of my favorite off season quotes is "no championships are won when the seats are empty"...We as sports fans continue to make the mistake that championships are guaranteed based upon returning talent.  The most talented teams don't always win.  Ask Jack Yates this year!  OOOPS, I hope I did not strike a nerve...LOL...We forget that these ball players are 14-18 year old kids who put on these uniforms.  Did we also forget about Phi Slamma Jamma vs. NC State and Georgetown vs. Villanova?
[/quote]

And the Miami Heat were supposed to win the championship last year but nobody told Dallas.  It was then suggested that this year, the Heat would walk through the regular season and the playoffs.  It sure doesn't look that way right now.

[quote name="Steven_A_Smith" post="1211523" timestamp="1334681896"]
[/quote] You know Stevie, you really hit deep below the belt with that nasty NC State  reminder  ;D But back to the statement at hand. As far as HJ is concerned, the road leads thru Jack Yates.  They will be better this year than last year.....meaning Yates of course  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1211529" timestamp="1334682329"]
[quote author=Steven_A_Smith link=topic=99058.msg1211523#msg1211523 date=1334681896]
[/quote] You know Stevie, you really hit deep below the belt with that nasty NC State  reminder  ;D But back to the statement at hand. As far as HJ is concerned, the road leads thru Jack Yates.  They will be better this year than last year.....meaning Yates of course  ;)
[/quote]

Gee, Dove- shouldnt your statement be "as far as all 3-a schools are concerned, the road leads "thru" Jack Yates?  Hint- There is a very good chance that things won't come as easily to their program over the next few years.

[quote name="stevenash" post="1211531" timestamp="1334682509"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=99058.msg1211529#msg1211529 date=1334682329]
[quote author=Steven_A_Smith link=topic=99058.msg1211523#msg1211523 date=1334681896]
[/quote]

Gee, Dove- shouldnt your statement be "as far as all 3-a schools are concerned, the road leads "thru" Jack Yates?  Hint- There is a very good chance that things won't come as easily to their program over the next few years.
[/quote] Its a compliment to the HJ program. We know the program will be in the hunt during playoffs. Its just that Yates will stop that train eventually.  ;D

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1211566" timestamp="1334687847"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=99058.msg1211563#msg1211563 date=1334687569]
As they will for everyone else in the region also?
[/quote] Yates will run into a team who will try and play the game at snail pace.
[/quote]

According to you and Dickie, that doesnt matter!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder