Powerlifting meets

duke2559

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Football

I think Kirbyville, Newton, Buna and WOS formed a league, I don't think they let other schools come to their meets unless they throw a meet. I wonder if they even get certified judges?

I was at the meet in Nederland and was truly impressed with the organization of it. My hat is off to Nederland.

To say something about the league thing between Buna and several others, I don't know, but I called and tried to get an invite to Buna and was told it was full. Maybe their space is limited and that's why they only take a few teams. On the other hand if they did get together with some others that stinks. It doesn't hurt my feelings if they handle their business that way. It does hurt the kids though. It keeps out some competition for the lifters that do get invited. They may out lift their little league, but what about some of the lifters outside their league? There are some really heavy lifters outside of the 4 schools mentioned. An example is that big lifter from Jasper.

I don't want to stir ya'll up, but way back when I was in school everyone who could be got an invite and good old competition happened. Everyone tried their best and had a good time.

Woodville finished 1st over-all in the boys meet at Shepherd this last weekend and the girls finished 2nd over-all.

The schools at the meet were Montgomery, Shepherd, Jasper, Bryan, Huntsville, Woodville, Livingston, New Caney, Huntington, Beaumont Central, Tarkington, and

Coldsprings.

Landra Lee from Woodville set a new squat meet record with 570lbs and a new total record with 1385 lbs. in the 220 lb class.

Trey Evans from Woodville set a new squat record with 700 lbs and new total record with 1485 lbs in the Super Heavy Weight class.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin