Anahuac's Barbay among applicants for Jasper job

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="APanthers" post="1207234" timestamp="1333679231"]
I dont have a problem with him just saying we are far from greatness and to predictable but he has good discipline.
[/quote]

Predictability was what was taught to Barbay..It has been Newton's forte since Curtis Barbay took over at Newton.Everyone in the stadium knew 9 times out of 10 it was going to be a running play,The problem was who get's the ball and how to stop it...

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1207604" timestamp="1333803896"]
[quote author=APanthers link=topic=98431.msg1207234#msg1207234 date=1333679231]
I dont have a problem with him just saying we are far from greatness and to predictable but he has good discipline.
[/quote]

Predictability was what was taught to Barbay..It has been Newton's forte since Curtis Barbay took over at Newton.Everyone in the stadium knew 9 times out of 10 it was going to be a running play,The problem was who get's the ball and how to stop it...
[/quote]
If ya gunna be predictable ..... ya betta know how to exacute!

[quote name="kcat-fan" post="1207614" timestamp="1333806241"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=98431.msg1207604#msg1207604 date=1333803896]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I was just "GUNNA" say that...Having played against Newton for 3 years I don't think execution was a big problem for them...Look at the school record it's "gunna" tell you enough... ;D

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="1207629" timestamp="1333808062"]
[quote author=kcat-fan link=topic=98431.msg1207614#msg1207614 date=1333806241]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=98431.msg1207604#msg1207604 date=1333803896]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I was just "GUNNA" say that...Having played against Newton for 3 years I don't think execution was a big problem for them...Look at the school record it's "gunna" tell you enough... ;D
[/quote]
GUNNA be good for Jasper if Barbay gets the job.... lol@Kville_Kats ;D

4 plays, inside & outside scat, but run 500 different ways! That was Coach Curtis Barbay. I think Darrell would be a good fit for Jasper. Of course it took Curtis over 20 years at Newton to return to the State Champion game as a head coach. But he then went back twice more. Winning 2 out of 3 trips. Good luck to Jasper.

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1206952" timestamp="1333657111"]

BS BS BS and more BS.....if you dont know what your talking about then keep your mouth shut..neither of the guys you mentioned have anything to do with morgan leaving period...morgan wanted to leave and needed to leave for personal reasons he through the admin under the bus to save face in case he ever goes back into coaching...morgan isnt (I'll just stop myself here)...he is a good coach wish him and his famly the best and hope everything works out...he's young and we have all made mistakes at his age..
[/quote]

Oh, how I WISH this was BS BS BS and more BS.  However, I grew up in Jasper and have an idea of how Jasper politics works.  Anyway, if this is a public forum, then I do have the right to express my OPINIONS.  Just like everyone else on here does.  That is why some of end our statements with IMO (In my opinion) or IMHO (In my humble opinion).  So IMHO, I believe that Mr. Coleman and the president of the school board are creating an environment that makes it almost impossible for a good coach to work in.  A good coach has to have the ability to do what they know how to do to be successful.  They cannot be the administration's puppet.  A good coach would refuse to do so. 

I will agree with you on one point.  Morgan is young and made a "young mistake".  He has to learn that he has to "stick it out" in these types of situations, not for the good of his assistant coaches or himself, but for the kids he serves.  In the end, the kids are the ones hurt the most.

Although, when a young, energetic coach does come to town and looks as though he is doing some good to turn a program around, instilling pride and discipline in its participants, the school and the community, the school board should rally to help support and "groom" him to become more "mature" so he won't make any more "young mistakes".

IMHO!! ;)

I wish anyone of the people on here bashing the administration or Chris Coleman or the School Board could name one single thing that they did to wrong Coach Morgan or not give him support in anyway. He has been given more support than any coach I have ever seen in Jasper going back to Gene. From a new field house to new coaching positions created while in a budget crisis. He even got $30,000 dollars added to the athletic budget in January or February. I just want to know how he was not supported. I know with the increase in class size and all the new testing they wanted his coordinators to teach an extra class during the day to help offset some of the cuts from last year.
Most of his coaching staff was planning on leaving because of the workload he put on them but was not given out to all his coaches and they did not think it was fair, because they had families they did not get to see also. Some of them want to stay now and hopefully they will because it is a very good staff. There is no question that coach Morgan did a fantastic job and no one is questioning that, and he may have other reasons for wanting to leave. The way he did it just lacks the character and morality that he preached to his players. “Do the right thing and no surprises” well he kind of broke both of those.  In my opinion he just quit because he knew he messed up, his staff was leaving and he wanted someone else to take the blame. For all those wishing to apply and have heard all the bad things said about the administration call Danny Lauve or Thomas Brooks and ask them about how much support they got.

I would suggest you talk to the assistant coaches before you take someone's word that they were over worked and wanting to leave because of Morgan. They came to Jasper to work for him. His track record speaks for itself. They saw another Carthage in the making. Why else would so many 5A coaches come to Jasper, Tx! The coaches I know are leaving because they say "this place is screwed up inside," "people here don't want a great program run the RIGHT way!" I'm sure there are some coaches that think they work to hard. They need to ask themselves why the coach high school sports. You'll always be under paid. The staff had to construct the "renovations" to the field house. (not new) they worked on it at 5AM and till all hours of the night. I don't see anything wrong with a little elbow grease, especially on something you will take pride in. I know a few people in jasper. Some are in the field house with Morgan, some in the School system, and some in the community. The same things keep coming up to me...
"Morgan was the best coach Jasper ever had"
"Great Christian man"
"Unbelieveable Football coach"
"Cared about every sport just as much as football"
"Took great care of female athletics and coaches"
"No coaches cussed, no kids cussed, and even, no tabacco! Where else can you find that in East Texas?"

It's very obvious to me still that him leaving had nothing to do with teaching loads, money, or imuturity. There has to be to many internal issues. He wanted to do things the right way and some people didnt waty to let him.

IMHO!!!! ;D

I talked to several assistant coaches, one that came from carthage. They did not mind the work they just expected everyone to put in the time and no favorites to be played which is what was going on after the season and why most of the staff was looking to leave.

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1207744" timestamp="1333855904"]
I would suggest you talk to the assistant coaches before you take someone's word that they were over worked and wanting to leave because of Morgan. They came to Jasper to work for him. His track record speaks for itself. They saw another Carthage in the making. Why else would so many 5A coaches come to Jasper, Tx! The coaches I know are leaving because they say "this place is screwed up inside," "people here don't want a great program run the RIGHT way!" I'm sure there are some coaches that think they work to hard. They need to ask themselves why the coach high school sports. You'll always be under paid. The staff had to construct the "renovations" to the field house. (not new) they worked on it at 5AM and till all hours of the night. I don't see anything wrong with a little elbow grease, especially on something you will take pride in. I know a few people in jasper. Some are in the field house with Morgan, some in the School system, and some in the community. The same things keep coming up to me...
"Great Christian man"
"No coaches cussed, no kids cussed, and even, no tabacco! Where else can you find that in East Texas?"

It's very obvious to me still that him leaving had nothing to do with teaching loads, money, or imuturity. There has to be to many internal issues. He wanted to do things the right way and some people didnt waty to let him.

IMHO!!!! ;D
[/quote]

You're forgetting about the $30,000 that DawgDad said got added to the athletic budget for Morgan. That is a TON of money for a district that is as poor as we are. Also, if he was such a man of great character and "great christian man" why did he just up and leave on a whim? He uprooted all these coaches from around the state and brought them here, on what I can only assume was a dream of building a great program together, to only leave LESS than a year later. Some of these guys have been left out to dry by Morgan, just like the school district. He didn't/ doesn't care about anyone but himself. A lot of coaches are very uncertain about their future right now because of his selfish actions.

The few coaches I know in Jasper don't feel that way at all. They feel like the admin handcuffed Morgan and the program. One told me, "If I were Morgan I would have left too! You can only beat your head against the wall long enough." he went on to say, "it's hard to go to work everyday with the best intentions for the kids and be shot down all the time with things that can help the kids." he also stressed to me, that money had nothing to do with it. He also said the high school has problems with teachers failing kids with 69's and not working with the student. He also went on to say that on a daily basis students are turned away from teachers tutorials after school!" If that's true(which I believe it is) its sad! And now we know why TEA is in the high school.

As for the $30,000. It was well overdue. They were years and years behind. I also heard that none of the 30K was for football. Sounds like he was working hard to help get all sports headed the right direction.

Still have not given a reason as to what was done that handcuffed him. He was given control over the stipends and made them overly top heavy, given all the support he asked for even when more money was needed. He had combined the off seasons like he had wanted, and was running a questionable, if not UIL rule breaking, before school program. Please tell me what more did he need?

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1207817" timestamp="1333910725"]
The few coaches I know in Jasper don't feel that way at all. They feel like the admin handcuffed Morgan and the program. One told me, "If I were Morgan I would have left too! You can only beat your head against the wall long enough." he went on to say, "it's hard to go to work everyday with the best intentions for the kids and be shot down all the time with things that can help the kids." he also stressed to me, that money had nothing to do with it. He also said the high school has problems with teachers failing kids with 69's and not working with the student. He also went on to say that on a daily basis students are turned away from teachers tutorials after school!" If that's true(which I believe it is) its sad! And now we know why TEA is in the high school.

As for the $30,000. It was well overdue. They were years and years behind. I also heard that none of the 30K was for football. Sounds like he was working hard to help get all sports headed the right direction.
[/quote]

If you seriously think that most, if not all, of that money didn't go to the football program....you sir have lost it. I am quite sure you haven't the slightest idea about Jasper or our football program. 

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1207744" timestamp="1333855904"]
"Great Christian man"

IMHO!!!! ;D
[/quote]

pirateguy & dawgdad, can I let this be my "response"?  No need in me restating the already stated.  Once again, "IMHO".

Thanks ctowndawgfan.  I agree 100%.

[quote name="BigDawg74" post="1207880" timestamp="1333928907"]
[quote author=ctowndawgfan link=topic=98431.msg1207744#msg1207744 date=1333855904]
"Great Christian man"

IMHO!!!! ;D
[/quote]

pirateguy & dawgdad, can I let this be my "response"?  No need in me restating the already stated.  Once again, "IMHO".

[/quote]

You're agreeing with a guy who believes NONE of the $30K given to athletics was used toward football's budget, the biggest and only profitable sport at Jasper.......Really?

Pirateguy...

Your having a bad night with your facts...

I'm certain that none of the 30K went to football. Look at the board minutes. Plus they used it for all other sports. They needed uniforms in almost every other high school sport. I know the track team got new uniforms. (Much needed)

Once again, not sure why your such a Morgan hater? Did you have a son that played or something? Seems to me like 90-99% of Jasper fans and supporters loved him and what he did with the program.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1207896" timestamp="1333933914"]
[quote author=BigDawg74 link=topic=98431.msg1207880#msg1207880 date=1333928907]
[quote author=ctowndawgfan link=topic=98431.msg1207744#msg1207744 date=1333855904]
"Great Christian man"

IMHO!!!! ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

You're agreeing with a guy who believes NONE of the $30K given to athletics was used toward football's budget, the biggest and only profitable sport at Jasper.......Really?
[/quote]
Highschool sports are for enriching the lives of students to be well rounded. Not to make a profit for the school.

I never said profit was the sole purpose...But you mean to tell me that the only sport that is actually bringing in a little money didn't get ANY of the money allotted to the athletic department? You all are crazy. Seriously. Answer this Ctowndawg where did the football team get the money for new Adidas top of the line jersey, new helmets along with all new logos, new cleats, new goal posts for the stadium AND practice fields and all kinds of renovations to the field house (And please don't say the coaches did most of the work because all they did was paint and a few minor fix up. Professionals were brought in to redo the floors and ceilings along with tons of other maintenance work.) So all signs make me believe YOU are in fact the wrong with bad information. 

Pirateguy... Once again your wrong. Professionals were only brought in to do plumbing and carpet. I'm not sure where that money came from. We were talking about the 30K that was amended this spring. Those jersey's, helmets, cleats, etc. we're worn way before this 30k we are talking about. So once again, it was for all other sports.  ;D

That's not true at all and you know it. You're trying to save face, and I understand that. Morgan was given the money way before this spring. Who redid all the flooring in the locker rooms and hallways? Who replaced all the tiles in the ceiling? You have bad information my friend. I suggest you leave this discussion to who are in Jasper and actually have a clue as to what is actually going on. Now go on and play with your friends, honey. Let the adults talk. 

Well since you ask. I actually stopped by early one morning last spring to find coaches (both Morgan's included) laying tile in the hallways. I also have seen a PowerPoint with pictures of coaches putting up celing tile, planting shrubs, and sheet rocking walls.

But, I'm sure the professionals moved outta the way to let them pose for pictures right?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    geho
    Newest Member
    geho