Words Parents Should Live By!

Cat22

"Don't put down his/her coaches. Remember the coach represents the "boss", the "authority", the "parent", the "teacher", the "law". If you are constantly bad-mouthing your son's/daughter's coaches, how can you expect the youngster to play for them. You are teaching him/her to be a complainer, not a doer." - This is #3 in Coach Ed Peveto's 10 commandments

Great post Cat!! I continue to be amazed at the lack of support from some of these parents.  Everyone's a coach!  They have lost sight of the fact that the majority of these coaches chose this profession (key word here is PROFESSION.........THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS!) because they love kids and they love the sport.  I am surprised that anyone would want to go into the coaching profession these days.  I had a wonderful career but I wouldn't encourage anyone to go into the coaching profession now and the number 1 reason is parents!  There are some great ones out there and I was fortunate enough to coach alot of their kids.  Unfortunately, the others are beginning to make us forget the good ones!!

[quote name="CoachKfan" post="1203550" timestamp="1333034500"]
Great post Cat!! I continue to be amazed at the lack of support from some of these parents.  Everyone's a coach!  They have lost sight of the fact that the majority of these coaches chose this profession (key word here is PROFESSION.........THEY ARE PROFESSIONALS!) because they love kids and they love the sport.  I am surprised that anyone would want to go into the coaching profession these days.  I had a wonderful career but I wouldn't encourage anyone to go into the coaching profession now and the number 1 reason is parents!  There are some great ones out there and I was fortunate enough to coach alot of their kids.  Unfortunately, the others are beginning to make us forget the good ones!!
[/quote]

Really good post!!!!!!

[quote name="Cat22" post="1203346" timestamp="1332986404"]
"Don't put down his/her coaches. Remember the coach represents the "boss", the "authority", the "parent", the "teacher", the "law". If you are constantly bad-mouthing your son's/daughter's coaches, how can you expect the youngster to play for them. You are teaching him/her to be a complainer, not a doer." - This is #3 in Coach Ed Peveto's 10 commandments
[/quote]Dead on ! my kids are grown and gone but no matter how I felt about thier coaches or teachers they never heard me talk bad about them. Just told them if they werent happy with them they did not have to play next year but they must finish out the season.

[quote name="77" post="1203619" timestamp="1333043390"]
[quote author=Cat22 link=topic=98228.msg1203346#msg1203346 date=1332986404]
[/quote]Dead on ! my kids are grown and gone but no matter how I felt about thier coaches or teachers they never heard me talk bad about them. Just told them if they werent happy with them they did not have to play next year but they must finish out the season.
[/quote]
Dang Straight!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder