2012 Perfect Game Rawlings All-Americans

Guest UHCoog14

Guest UHCoog14
http://www.perfectgame.org/all_americans/2012/Default.aspx

Most of the local talent can be found on the "Texas" regional link.

Several Texas Sun Devils on the First Team All America.

Congrats to all.

[quote name="GCMPats" post="1193305" timestamp="1331061370"]

Congrats to all.
[/quote]

You are right GCM, these are the boys from the Texas region, but also from digging around on the website, I see that Grayson Long and Cameron Dishon made the High-Honorable Mention team in the nation. I hope I read that right. There are a number of others from the area on that list too. Great job boys, keep up the hard work!!!

There are alot of kids on these list.  50 1st teamers; 50 2nd teamers and too many to count Honorable Mentions and that is just in Texas.  Is this voted on or is it pay to play Perfect Game Camp/Tournament and get on the list?  Don't get me wrong there are some great players on this list but there are also some average players.  What gives? Someone is banking.

Guest UHCoog14
[quote name="ORW" post="1193725" timestamp="1331140311"]
There are alot of kids on these list.  50 1st teamers; 50 2nd teamers and too many to count Honorable Mentions and that is just in Texas.  Is this voted on or is it pay to play Perfect Game Camp/Tournament and get on the list?  Don't get me wrong there are some great players on this list but there are also some average players.  What gives? Someone is banking.
[/quote]

It's a scouting service. Most of these players have attended one or more of Perfect Game's events or showcases. Many of them play in the World Wood Bat tournaments in Georgia and the World Championships in Jupiter, Florida (probably the highest level of competition in the nation, just follow the scouts).

Take from it what you wish. The National list is as legit as it comes. Those kids will be getting "paid to play" very soon. The "Honorable Mention" is just that, and honorable mention.

[quote name="BringinTheHeat" post="1193708" timestamp="1331138036"]
[quote author=GCMPats link=topic=97195.msg1193305#msg1193305 date=1331061370]

Congrats to all.
[/quote]

You are right GCM, these are the boys from the Texas region, but also from digging around on the website, I see that [b]Grayson[/b] [b]Long[/b] and [b]Cameron Dishon [/b] made the [b]High-Honorable Mention team in the nation[/b]. I hope I read that right. There are a number of others from the area on that list too. Great job boys, keep up the hard work!!!
[/quote]

Jacob Lemoine and Matthew Menard were also on that list :)

[b][u]17-4A[/u][/b]

[b]1st Team[/b]
RHP Jarred Greene, Magnolia.... Arkansas

[b]2nd Team[/b]
RHP Hayden Barnett, Stratford.... Georgia Tech
RHP Clay Brast, Spring Woods.... Navarro JC

[b]Honorable Mention[/b]
RHP Spencer Beatty, Montgomery....
OF  Cameron Stanton, Magnolia West....
1B  Erik Stegent, Brenham....

• Member Statistics

Total Members