Hardin ?????

[quote name="incognito123" post="1224834" timestamp="1337648702"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=96976.msg1224831#msg1224831 date=1337647948]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=96976.msg1224707#msg1224707 date=1337621577]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=96976.msg1222532#msg1222532 date=1337121894]
The worst thing any commnity can do is find a great AD/HC for their team and think it will all change over night. You have to watch for progress each year and then it will happen.
[/quote]
Tell your neighbors from Hull this. Great post, it takes time. Does hardin play h-d next year?
[/quote]Don't worry about H-D!! And yes we do play Hardin in week zero. You need to worry about getting smoked by Huffman! Enjoy 3rd place in district.  ;D ;)
[/quote]

THIRD?  They couldn't even pull that off last year, and that was with all of those D1 players on their team!
[/quote]
What place did hd get in that 5 team district? If I'm not mistaken it was 4th. So don't trash liberty when your team didn't do any better

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="incognito123" post="1224834" timestamp="1337648702"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=96976.msg1224831#msg1224831 date=1337647948]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=96976.msg1224707#msg1224707 date=1337621577]
[quote author=Trocket link=topic=96976.msg1222532#msg1222532 date=1337121894]
The worst thing any commnity can do is find a great AD/HC for their team and think it will all change over night. You have to watch for progress each year and then it will happen.
[/quote]
Tell your neighbors from Hull this. Great post, it takes time. Does hardin play h-d next year?
[/quote]Don't worry about H-D!! And yes we do play Hardin in week zero. You need to worry about getting smoked by Huffman! Enjoy 3rd place in district.  ;D ;)
[/quote]

THIRD?  They couldn't even pull that off last year, and that was with all of those D1 players on their team!
[/quote]LMAO! Funny!!  ;D

Guest incognito123
For some reason you guys keep lumping me in with the 55 bobcat dude.  I'm simply calling you LP guys out on your trash talk.  All I hear is about the big time prospects in Liberty but I see nothing coming out of LIberty but a pile of hot garbage.  Last year you guys were saying you were one of the best teams in the state and you got left home at playoff time.  Have ya'll forgotten that you play in one of the weakest 3A districts in the state?  It's Coldspring and the 6 dwarfs, and the LP jauggernaut couldn't get to the second week of November.  You guys need to win something before you continue pumping up all your D1 talent!!

[quote name="incognito123" post="1224884" timestamp="1337667696"]
For some reason you guys keep lumping me in with the 55 bobcat dude.  I'm simply calling you LP guys out on your trash talk.  All I hear is about the big time prospects in Liberty but I see nothing coming out of LIberty but a pile of hot garbage.  Last year you guys were saying you were one of the best teams in the state and you got left home at playoff time.  Have ya'll forgotten that you play in one of the weakest 3A districts in the state?  It's Coldspring and the 6 dwarfs, and the LP jauggernaut couldn't get to the second week of November.  You guys need to win something before you continue pumping up all your D1 talent!!
[/quote]
It is a fact that ryan melton is going to texas state D1, Omar Tebo is rumored to have offers from memphis. There is a few D1 Athletes it is a fact. The others players are speculation, but a few others have been contacted by some D1 colleges.

[quote name="LP2012" post="1224866" timestamp="1337656646"]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=96976.msg1224826#msg1224826 date=1337646383]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=96976.msg1224806#msg1224806 date=1337638542]
Hardin is definintly going in the right direction with this hire.  Fortune has never been afraid to step up to the challenge of taking over a "weaker" program.  I'm sure he is more motivated than ever to prove to people it aint the size of the dawg in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dawg.
[/quote]wow lmao.. Fortune  = Horrible.. look at the results when he was at Tarkington.. only good win he had was in 2002 when they beat Coldspring 7-6 lmao.. yall people kill me.. Wonder why Josh Sadler Head Baseball Coach of C.E. King didn't get the job... hmmm sounds like some good ole boy, brother in law type of stuff. Wish Liberty County would change.
[/quote]
I would just like to point out that it is very hard to win in Tarkington. They always play hard, but the have no players. And I do not mean numbers, they just simply cannot play football there. Idk if anybody could win in Tarkington it is one of the worst teams in the area.
[/quote]

Wow, classy run down the hard work of young men and coaches alike. You migth be surprised in the coming years, Tarkington will have some players coming through the ranks that have beaten Liberty JV, who had a senior transfer from Dayton playing MLB and RB, and Tarkington 8A team beat Fitzwaters younger brother and the baby pathers twice last year. Most of the Tarkington JV was all fresham also. It takes TIME and someone that actually cares about getting a program turned around to get the job done and I believe they have that in Tarkington now Coach Carpenter has done a great job and built from the bottom up, I hope you eat your words one day.

[quote name="cat001" post="1224965" timestamp="1337699531"]
[quote author=LP2012 link=topic=96976.msg1224866#msg1224866 date=1337656646]
[quote author=Ex-Panther link=topic=96976.msg1224826#msg1224826 date=1337646383]
[quote author=bjimbo link=topic=96976.msg1224806#msg1224806 date=1337638542]
Hardin is definintly going in the right direction with this hire.  Fortune has never been afraid to step up to the challenge of taking over a "weaker" program.  I'm sure he is more motivated than ever to prove to people it aint the size of the dawg in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dawg.
[/quote]wow lmao.. Fortune  = Horrible.. look at the results when he was at Tarkington.. only good win he had was in 2002 when they beat Coldspring 7-6 lmao.. yall people kill me.. Wonder why Josh Sadler Head Baseball Coach of C.E. King didn't get the job... hmmm sounds like some good ole boy, brother in law type of stuff. Wish Liberty County would change.
[/quote]
I would just like to point out that it is very hard to win in Tarkington. They always play hard, but the have no players. And I do not mean numbers, they just simply cannot play football there. Idk if anybody could win in Tarkington it is one of the worst teams in the area.
[/quote]

Wow, classy run down the hard work of young men and coaches alike. You migth be surprised in the coming years, Tarkington will have some players coming through the ranks that have beaten Liberty JV, who had a senior transfer from Dayton playing MLB and RB, and Tarkington 8A team beat Fitzwaters younger brother and the baby pathers twice last year. Most of the Tarkington JV was all fresham also. It takes TIME and someone that actually cares about getting a program turned around to get the job done and I believe they have that in Tarkington now Coach Carpenter has done a great job and built from the bottom up, I hope you eat your words one day.
[/quote]
No disrespect was meant to Tarkington it is a fact that currently they are not very good. They always play hard, and I have heard that they have a good younger group coming up? But it is hard to win when you do not have many good players it is a fact

[quote name="lp4life" post="1224876" timestamp="1337660101"]
h-d sucks..and will continue to do so. Even if they make the playoffs it's still 1-a. There s not a team in all of setx who wouldn't beat them
[/quote]H-D is the winningest program in Liberty County with over 520 victories. Also H-D has more District Championships than any team in Liberty County. Furthermore, H-D is the only football team in Liberty County with a State Championship. No matter how long ago or what year is was... go get you one before you smack talk. H-D put Liberty County on the map a long time ago. Yes, Dayton has a great program, over the last 15 years top notch. Let's not forget the 80's and early 90's, before development pushed city folk into Dayton, Broncos had one of the worst programs in the State.  ;) 8)

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1225177" timestamp="1337732324"]
[quote author=lp4life link=topic=96976.msg1224876#msg1224876 date=1337660101]
h-d sucks..and will continue to do so. Even if they make the playoffs it's still 1-a. There s not a team in all of setx who wouldn't beat them
[/quote]H-D is the winningest program in Liberty County with over 520 victories. Also H-D has more District Championships than any team in Liberty County. Furthermore, H-D is the only football team in Liberty County with a State Championship. No matter how long ago or what year is was... go get you one before you smack talk. H-D put Liberty County on the map a long time ago. Yes, Dayton has a great program, over the last 15 years top notch. Let's not forget the 80's and early 90's, before development pushed city folk into Dayton, Broncos had one of the worst programs in the State.  ;) 8)
[/quote]
He did not say they were not good at one point. He said that right NOW, this last season, H-D was not good. However, I think we have hijacked thid tthread long enough lol. Back to Coach fortune. It is not fair to judge a coach based on what he did at Tarkington. No disrespect to the players at Tarkington, but they just do not have any size or speed. They do always play with heart, which says something to the character of the kids playing. However, Tarkington is a tough place to make a name for yourself as a coach in recent history, and maybe that will change in the future i am not a fortune teller, but I for one think that Hardin has made a great hire, and if they give coach Fortune a chance he will build up the program, not just football, but all sports.

Why is everyone acting like Hardin hasn't been getting the attention they deserve from the last AD. Haynes Has an incredible record, most of it at the 4A/ 5A level, and he was the coach when they won the only playoff game in school history, oh and by the way he was also the QB for the only district champ in school history. He was at every home athletic function icluding the girls hornetmom, and not to mention this place was a dump before Haynes showed up, I was here I remember, now we have some of the nicest athletic facilities in the state for any level much less 2A and thats includes the work he had done at the baseball and softball fields. No offense to Fortune but if Larry Haynes can't score points with em no one can

[quote name="JG1834" post="1225942" timestamp="1337957138"]
Why is everyone acting like Hardin hasn't been getting the attention they deserve from the last AD. Haynes Has an incredible record, most of it at the 4A/ 5A level, and he was the coach when they won the only playoff game in school history, oh and by the way he was also the QB for the only district champ in school history. He was at every home athletic function icluding the girls hornetmom, and not to mention this place was a dump before Haynes showed up, I was here I remember, now we have some of the nicest athletic facilities in the state for any level much less 2A and thats includes the work he had done at the baseball and softball fields. No offense to Fortune but if Larry Haynes can't score points with em no one can
[/quote]

That's absolutely right.  Coach Haynes is the winningest head coach in the school's 70 year history...and they ran him out of town.  I think the folks at Hardin (much like everywhere else) are just too unrealistic.  There is no question that a great coach can do great things. And there is no question that Hardin may could have done better than they have in the past.  But bottom line... you cant win a horse race without a horse, and you cant win football games without some good players.  Hardin has had an unfortunate history of playing against some tough competition.  Even when Hardin strings together a couple of years with a lot of talent.  No matter how good of a coach Coach Fortune may be...Hardin still has to deal with some very talented teams.

Great!! That's the way to turn a program around, the parents have to convince their kids to at least give it a tryout. The kids on the team have to recruit other kids in their school to tryout. You never know where you will find a diamond. 8) 

[quote name="incognito123" post="1226020" timestamp="1337982626"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=96976.msg1225964#msg1225964 date=1337964019]
[quote author=JG1834 link=topic=96976.msg1225942#msg1225942 date=1337957138]
[/quote]

That's absolutely right.  Coach Haynes is the winningest head coach in the school's 70 year history...and they ran him out of town.  I think the folks at Hardin (much like everywhere else) are just too unrealistic.  There is no question that a great coach can do great things. And there is no question that Hardin may could have done better than they have in the past.  But bottom line... you cant win a horse race without a horse, and you cant win football games without some good players.  Hardin has had an unfortunate history of playing against some tough competition.  Even when Hardin strings together a couple of years with a lot of talent.  No matter how good of a coach Coach Fortune may be...Hardin still has to deal with some very talented teams.
[/quote]

Yeah, you guys are wrong.  Larry was never present at any athletic events other than football games.  He was disconnected during the school year.  Did not engage the kids, ever.  He wasn't run out of town, he retired.  Actually he told everyone he was going to retire and then come back in August to double dip.  Didn't quite work out for him. 
[/quote]

To make the inference that Coach Haynes did not care (which you post implies) is pure balderdash.

That being said, it appears that Hardin got the right guy in Walter Fortune to lead the Hornets.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1226479" timestamp="1338153090"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=96976.msg1226291#msg1226291 date=1338067512]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=96976.msg1226020#msg1226020 date=1337982626]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=96976.msg1225964#msg1225964 date=1337964019]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, you guys are wrong.  Larry was never present at any athletic events other than football games.  He was disconnected during the school year.  Did not engage the kids, ever.  He wasn't run out of town, he retired.  Actually he told everyone he was going to retire and then come back in August to double dip.  Didn't quite work out for him. 
[/quote]

To make the inference that Coach Haynes did not care (which you post implies) is pure balderdash.

That being said, it appears that Hardin got the right guy in Walter Fortune to lead the Hornets.
[/quote]

WOSGrad, I do not mean to be confrontational, so please take this as a calm inference.  I have to ask, how do you know that Haynes cared?  Have you spent many many hours around the town of Hardin or been intimately involved their athletics programs, as I have?  Have you spoken with the girl athletes and hear them say they've never seen Coach Haynes at any of their events, as I have?  Have you seen Coach Haynes not show up to the school on school days except for the athletic period, as I have?  Have you spoken with the athletes that testify to his lack of care about them except for during football season, as I have?  Have you seen the change in attitudes of the boys since the arrival of Coach Fortune, as I have?  Have you heard the boys talk about how hard they want to play for Coach Fortune when they didn't want to play hard for Haynes, as I have?

Balderdash? Maybe, but it's hard to call it that when I saw the evidence of it every day.
[/quote]
Just a side note, I have heard much of the same from Hardin parents. Now these might just be the typical small town mom and dads that you cannot ever please, I do not know, but this is not the first time i have heard comments similiar to these.

[quote name="incognito123" post="1226479" timestamp="1338153090"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=96976.msg1226291#msg1226291 date=1338067512]
[quote author=incognito123 link=topic=96976.msg1226020#msg1226020 date=1337982626]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

WOSGrad, I do not mean to be confrontational, so please take this as a calm inference.  I have to ask, how do you know that Haynes cared?  Have you spent many many hours around the town of Hardin or been intimately involved their athletics programs, as I have?  Have you spoken with the girl athletes and hear them say they've never seen Coach Haynes at any of their events, as I have?  Have you seen Coach Haynes not show up to the school on school days except for the athletic period, as I have?  Have you spoken with the athletes that testify to his lack of care about them except for during football season, as I have?  Have you seen the change in attitudes of the boys since the arrival of Coach Fortune, as I have?  Have you heard the boys talk about how hard they want to play for Coach Fortune when they didn't want to play hard for Haynes, as I have?

Balderdash? Maybe, but it's hard to call it that when I saw the evidence of it every day.
[/quote]LMAO! Put him on blast I123!! Good post. WOSgrad sometimes tries to take over. Not on purpose, i'm sure.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi