Houston Chronicle: Athens vs Coldspring

it appears Silsbee is out and Coldspring is in... I live in Houston and read the Chronicle daily and i find it a better read than the Beaumont Surprise, but come on....You would think some college intern, in charge of proofing the High School Brackets, would catch this.  No love for Silsbee :'(

[quote name="86hawk" post="1189538" timestamp="1330618886"]
it appears Silsbee is out and Coldspring is in... I live in Houston and read the Chronicle daily and i find it a better read than the Beaumont Surprise, but come on....You would think some college intern, in charge of proofing the High School Brackets, would catch this.  No love for Silsbee :'(
[/quote]

I actually contacted the writer himself last night through Twitter to correct him on it. He replied back stating it was a mistake and has corrected it on-line but was too late for the print.

Well, I can sympathize.  The fact is the Chronicle has two folks, Jenny Dial and Angel Verdejo, who are tasked with covering every sport for nearly every high school between the Trinity and the Brazos.  Mistakes will happen in that situation.

I'm not surprised.  Just disappointed in the lack of coverage SE Texas sports gets.  That is the best thing about SETXSports.  It is all about the Golden Triangle and East Texas.  I can find scores and info here, that you can't find in the Chronicle or on the Website.  A major city with an average sports page.  Good Job to the staff and supporters of SETXSPorts!!!!

[quote name="86hawk" post="1189565" timestamp="1330620292"]
I'm not surprised.  Just disappointed in the lack of coverage SE Texas sports gets.  That is the best thing about SETXSports.  It is all about the Golden Triangle and East Texas.  I can find scores and info here, that you can't find in the Chronicle or on the Website.  A major city with an average sports page.  Good Job to the staff and supporters of SETXSPorts!!!!
[/quote]

Well that is because SETXsports has a BUNCH of folks who are willing to share the info they get when they go to the games. 

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1189568" timestamp="1330621033"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=96948.msg1189565#msg1189565 date=1330620292]
[/quote]

Well that is because SETXsports has a BUNCH of folks who are willing to share the info they get when they go to the games.
[/quote]

Not just that, we have a BUNCH of folks who are simply willing to GO to the games!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder