Pat Knight's Rant

I think that Knight is fool, not real sure that he knows anything about x & o's??? He sure left a mess where he came from, i mean where he was fired from. This group he has now is more talented then the group he had @ Tech, it all starts with the leader coach!!!!

[quote name="MED" post="1185461" timestamp="1330167778"]
I think that Knight is fool, not real sure that he knows anything about x & o's??? He sure left a mess where he came from, i mean where he was fired from. This group he has now is more talented then the group he had @ Tech, it all starts with the leader coach!!!!
[/quote]

The following says it all ... Lamar is and will be much better off with Knight that we were with Rock:

HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP) - In Lamar's first game since coach Pat Knight's blistering comments about his team, Mike James scored 30 points to lead the Cardinals to a 72-49 victory over Sam Houston State on Saturday.

Lamar (18-11, 9-5 Southland Conference) shot 63.3 percent (19 of 30) in the second half to break open a contest that was tied 28-28 at the break.

James and two other seniors, part of a six-player class that Knight called "the worst group of seniors ... that I've ever been associated with" after a loss against Stephen F. Austin on Wednesday, sparked Lamar. Devon Lamb had 15 points and Anthony Miles added 14 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.

Darius Gatson scored 13 points for the Bearkats (12-17, 6-8), who were 8 of 24 (33.3 percent) from the field after halftime, including 0 for 5 from 3-point range.

The Cardinals outrebounded Sam Houston State 36-23 and enjoyed a 36-28 scoring advantage in the paint.

[/quote]

So, when you made your post did you expect Lamar to be tied with McNeese on top of the east at 10-5.  When Knight ends his first regular season at Lamar with it's first 20-win season in who knows how long, with essentially the same talent as last year will you be in hiding waiting for another I told you so opportunity ... hopefully so because you won't get many opportunities to bash Knight.  This guy is both a leader and a coach and both Lamar and the SETx region are blessed to have him.  Let's dream that he can help make Lamar the next Butler or Gonzaga and let's stop thinking so small!

[/quote] Yea these guys or so great that this is the first time in 4 yrs that Lamar has made the tournament.  They will all play their last game in their life as soon as this yr is over. And they can all go back to the Gettos that the Rock pulled them from under

[quote name="True Blue" post="1189285" timestamp="1330571421"]
[quote author=MED link=topic=96593.msg1185461#msg1185461 date=1330167778]
[/quote] Yea these guys or so great that this is the first time in 4 yrs that Lamar has made the tournament.  They will all play their last game in their life as soon as this yr is over. And they can all go back to the Gettos that the Rock pulled them from under
[/quote]

That's pretty cynical  :-\ ... perhaps [maybe] that even thought their time with Knight was brief, that some of these seniors take note of what it takes to be a man and be all-in.  That's a better wish than hoping the worst for them or from them. 

[quote name="tigerpride81" post="1189293" timestamp="1330571752"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=96593.msg1189285#msg1189285 date=1330571421]
[/quote]

That's pretty cynical  :-\ ... perhaps [maybe] that even thought their time with Knight was brief, that some of these seniors take note of what it takes to be a man and be all-in.  That's a better wish than hoping the worst for them or from them.
[/quote]

Quote coming from TB is not surprising at all!!!!

[quote name="tigerpride81" post="1189293" timestamp="1330571752"]
[/quote]

[/quote] Well when their coach That has been around Basketball his entire life, Says that they are the worst that he has everbeen around. It pretty much speaks for itself about what kind of players that Rock recruited   

[quote name="True Blue" post="1189554" timestamp="1330619700"]
[quote author=tigerpride81 link=topic=96593.msg1189293#msg1189293 date=1330571752]
[/quote]

[/quote] Well when their coach That has been around Basketball his entire life, Says that they are the worst that he has ever been around. It pretty much speaks for itself about what kind of players that Rock recruited 
[/quote]

Isn't that being a bit too literal ... don't you think it's possible that he was trying to motivate them by such extreme statements.  Even if you think that knight thinks his statements are true, I doubt that Coach wants these kids to make bad choices and go back under a rock.

[quote name="tigerpride81" post="1190180" timestamp="1330663410"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=96593.msg1189554#msg1189554 date=1330619700]
[quote author=tigerpride81 link=topic=96593.msg1189293#msg1189293 date=1330571752]
[/quote]

[/quote] Well when their coach That has been around Basketball his entire life, Says that they are the worst that he has ever been around. It pretty much speaks for itself about what kind of players that Rock recruited 
[/quote]

Isn't that being a bit too literal ... don't you think it's possible that he was trying to motivate them by such extreme statements.  Even if you think that knight thinks his statements are true, I doubt that Coach wants these kids to make bad choices and go back under a rock.
[/quote] With this being Knight's first All he needed to say is that These guys belong to the last losing coach.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1191175" timestamp="1330747079"]
[quote author=tigerpride81 link=topic=96593.msg1190180#msg1190180 date=1330663410]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] With this being Knight's first All he needed to say is that These guys belong to the last losing coach.
[/quote]
Well why don't you go tell him that TB.

[quote name="vp32" post="1191179" timestamp="1330747168"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=96593.msg1191175#msg1191175 date=1330747079]
[quote author=tigerpride81 link=topic=96593.msg1190180#msg1190180 date=1330663410]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Well why don't you go tell him that TB.
[/quote]Well If hes like every other coach in SETX I just did ;D ;D ;D

[/quote]

So, I'd like your take on Pat Knight today ... 6-0 since, with a Dancecard in Dayton.  By the way, this Dayton is not in Liberty Co.

[quote name="tigerpride81" post="1196025" timestamp="1331552966"]
[/quote]

[b]So, I'd like your take on Pat Knight today[/b] ... 6-0 since, with a Dancecard in Dayton.  By the way, this Dayton is not in Liberty Co.
[/quote]
Same here.

[/quote]

So what do you think now? Sometimes you have to call people out...and that's what he did.

[/quote] Were are you now??? And were is Tech???? He told these men that they were not near as good as THEY thought they were. and Loook were they are now.... Coach Rock kissed their a$$es and look were that got him. Fired, Coach called them out and their in the dance...

I listened to him just totally talk about his seniors like they were absolutely nothing. Good thing those kids are strong minded or they would have shut down on him. Some things he said probably was completely true, but some of the things about your team you dont say to the public. That suppose to be handled in the locker room. He sounded like a father that couldnt handle his kids so he was begging for help. They responded well but not all kids are like the ones he had on this years team, which by the way are Roc's and Tic's recruits. From his past coaching jobs he ran two programs into the ground. Hopefully he wont do the same with Lamar. I'm glad they finished off the season the way they did. By them responding well, that makes him look like a great coach, but if they would of shut down people would be asking where is his walking papers.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder