Deweyville AD

NEWS2ME

Hey 4410 I heard Pachuca (I don't know if I spelled that correctly) applied he would be great as would Chris Babin or Jason but we had like 55 applicants. I hear some are coaches from Katy and such; my fear is we will get star struck because they are from a big town, the problem with that is what we have been through since Bickham left we will be running systems like the spread that don't suit our talent base.
We need a power football system of some sort to be successful like Nederland, Vidor and Lumberton run; if we take a big school guy from a larger talent pool they will only know the more flashy big play systems that are not favorable to our kids.
Let’s hope we finally realize coaches learn football from the Coaches they are or have been under as they come out of college and that is what we need to focus on not the fact that they were at a BIG or even successful school. The Brook can win with the spread but they also have 2000 kids in High School.
What are your thoughts?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="captainclaude" post="1211574" timestamp="1334688582"]
Hey 4410 I heard Pachuca (I don't know if I spelled that correctly) applied he would be great as would Chris Babin or Jason but we had like 55 applicants. I hear some are coaches from Katy and such; my fear is we will get star struck because they are from a big town, the problem with that is what we have been through since Bickham left we will be running systems like the spread that don't suit our talent base.
We need a power football system of some sort to be successful like Nederland, Vidor and Lumberton run; if we take a big school guy from a larger talent pool they will only know the more flashy big play systems that are not favorable to our kids.
Let’s hope we finally realize coaches learn football from the Coaches they are or have been under as they come out of college and that is what we need to focus on not the fact that they were at a BIG or even successful school. The Brook can win with the spread but they also have 2000 kids in High School.
What are your thoughts?

[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but maybe a little fact that will ease your mind.  Katy does not run the spread.  They run the I and may run farther outside than off tackle maybe 2-3 times a game.  Katy is THE ESSENCE of power football.

I just hope we get somebody that does not have a set system we need some one that will run something that will fit these kids from one year to another my son only has two years left and i Am hoping for two good years we have good talent if the kids are put in the right  system. I just wont to see the list of app.
And last We BETTER NOT get any body that wants to run the SPREAD IF we do WE will BE leaving D-ville (if i can talk cody into it  LOL . )

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1211582" timestamp="1334689348"]
[quote author=captainclaude link=topic=96568.msg1211574#msg1211574 date=1334688582]
What are your thoughts?

[/quote]

I understand what you are saying, but maybe a little fact that will ease your mind.  Katy does not run the spread.  They run the I and may run farther outside than off tackle maybe 2-3 times a game.  Katy is THE ESSENCE of power football.
[/quote]

I did not know that and it does ease my mind because I have already heard some (Oh MY we had an applicant from KATY!!!!!) crap. I think Coach MAC is a super person I just don't want to see us trying to run that sort of offense anymore. Just my opinion and thanks for the info.

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1211588" timestamp="1334689918"]
I just hope we get somebody that does not have a set system we need some one that will run something that will fit these kids from one year to another my son only has two years left and i Am hoping for two good years we have good talent if the kids are put in the right  system. I just wont to see the list of app.
And last We BETTER NOT get any body that wants to run the SPREAD IF we do WE will BE leaving D-ville (if i can talk cody into it  LOL . )
[/quote]
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="#1 Deweyville LP Dad" post="1211633" timestamp="1334697703"]
J. Kevin Mathis is the new Superintendent who is the new AD?
[/quote]

That has not been decided yet, the deadline for accepting applications has just passed (about 30 minutes ago in fact).

You guys are obviously crazy. Nederland's offense was very similar to D'viles this past season. I know after seeing a few games the past few seasons Deweyville was not a "spread" team. Maybe by alignment but not by philosophy. Spread to run is different than spread to pass. Calling a team offense spread by your standards  would indicate more pass than run. Dille averaged 250+ on the ground and 300+ early before qb was hurt. From my view thet ran midline and the veer. That means option if you need an explanation. Give me a break!

[quote name="NEWS2ME" post="1211724" timestamp="1334702689"]
You guys are obviously crazy. Nederland's offense was very similar to D'viles this past season. I know after seeing a few games the past few seasons Deweyville was not a "spread" team. Maybe by alignment but not by philosophy. Spread to run is different than spread to pass. Calling a team offense spread by your standards  would indicate more pass than run. Dille averaged 250+ on the ground and 300+ early before qb was hurt. From my view thet ran midline and the veer. That means option if you need an explanation. Give me a break!
[/quote]
It does not matter what you wont to call it , it did not work in D-ville and it will never work in d-ville

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1211885" timestamp="1334716070"]
[quote author=NEWS2ME link=topic=96568.msg1211724#msg1211724 date=1334702689]
[/quote]
It does not matter what you wont to call it , it did not work in D-ville and it will never work in d-ville
[/quote]
Showing your ignorance.......there are a 1000 ways to skin a cat and there are a 1000 systems that are good and sound football.  All of them can be successful if ran properly and if the kids buy into it.  The problem is, that kids have to listen their "know it all" daddy's at home bash the head coach, assistant coaches, play calling, practice methods, and every other thing that they can have an opinion on when the fact is that "daddy" dosen't have the football knowledge to distunguish the indside veer from the counter.  Kinda makes it hard to get kids to buy in and play hard when "daddy" never shuts up at home and let the coaches do their thing.

Best thing most parents can do is support the coach in front of their kid, because bashing him only harms their kid.  Leave the coaching football to the guys that do it for a living.  I don't see any of them at your job throwing rocks at you guys when you are mowing........

[quote name="InjunRed" post="1212024" timestamp="1334756326"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=96568.msg1211885#msg1211885 date=1334716070]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Showing your ignorance.......there are a 1000 ways to skin a cat and there are a 1000 systems that are good and sound football.  All of them can be successful if ran properly and if the kids buy into it.  The problem is, that kids have to listen their "know it all" daddy's at home bash the head coach, assistant coaches, play calling, practice methods, and every other thing that they can have an opinion on when the fact is that "daddy" dosen't have the football knowledge to distunguish the indside veer from the counter.  Kinda makes it hard to get kids to buy in and play hard when "daddy" never shuts up at home and let the coaches do their thing.

Best thing most parents can do is support the coach in front of their kid, because bashing him only harms their kid.  Leave the coaching football to the guys that do it for a living.  I don't see any of them at your job throwing rocks at you guys when you are mowing........
[/quote]
well for your info I do not bash the coaches at home but I can not help it if I do not care for the system that they try to run and By the way they know better than to throw rocks at me when I am mowing ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HA    HA

[quote name="Piratesdad4410" post="1212094" timestamp="1334764878"]
[quote author=InjunRed link=topic=96568.msg1212024#msg1212024 date=1334756326]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=96568.msg1211885#msg1211885 date=1334716070]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
well for your info I do not bash the coaches at home but I can not help it if I do not care for the system that they try to run and By the way they know better than to throw rocks at me when I am mowing ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
HA    HA
[/quote]

ooooooohhhhhhhhhh..........good to see the "my daddy is tougher than your daddy" is still alive and well in Deweyville!!  Wasn't your last AD 6'8" and about 400 lbs.  Doubt he was worried much about you beating him up.....it is alright for you to not like the system, but you could not even identify the system earlier!!! lol  Shouldn't you be able to identify something before you hate it.

[quote name="InjunRed" post="1212146" timestamp="1334771475"]
[quote author=Piratesdad4410 link=topic=96568.msg1212094#msg1212094 date=1334764878]
[quote author=InjunRed link=topic=96568.msg1212024#msg1212024 date=1334756326]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
HA    HA
[/quote]

ooooooohhhhhhhhhh..........good to see the "my daddy is tougher than your daddy" is still alive and well in Deweyville!!  Wasn't your last AD 6'8" and about 400 lbs.  Doubt he was worried much about you beating him up.....it is alright for you to not like the system, but you could not even identify the system earlier!!! lol  Shouldn't you be able to identify something before you hate it.
[/quote]
Thanks for changing that totally inappropriate and offensive reply WOSGrad, that person needs to be banned from this site for those comments!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder