Vidor Bashing on Houston Sports 610

bh89-2

Yesterday while driving home I was listening to sport 610 around 400PM and was blown away by what I heard.  Everyone on here knows I love to talk smack and I rarely worry about being politically correct, however my favorite sports station crossed the line.  Josh Ennis and former Texan's lineman ND Kalu held a racially charged session about Vidor. Here is what they did:

They now have a new segement called "Vidor-Tales".  The segement started with saying ND had obtained a history text book from Vidor High School and in it says, "Martin Luther King's dream was to grow watermelons without seeds."  They went on to say it also says, "Mrs. Parks rode in the front of the bus because she thought the first stop was a kentucky fried chicken store".  This was followed by ND saying his coach in college told him to never got o Montrose or Vidor.  The remainder of the program was filled with callers calling in to tell their racial "Vidor-Tales". The entire segement had a banjo playing in the background.  Here is a link......[url=http://Vidor Tales! « CBS Houston]Vidor Tales! « CBS Houston [/url] 

Funny they never mentioned how the town came together after a young black athlete passed away this past season, or how the things they discussed were 40 or 50 years old.  What a discrace! 

Sport's 610 Program Director EMail: [url=http://[email protected]][email protected] [/url]
Vidor, hats off too you!  Damn fine place to live. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Smoking Baby" post="1180570" timestamp="1329572941"]
Yesterday while driving home I was listening to sport 610 around 400PM and was blown away by what I heard.  Everyone on here knows I love to talk smack and I rarely worry about being politically correct, however my favorite sports station crossed the line.  Josh Ennis and former Texan's lineman ND Kalu held a racially charged session about Vidor. Here is what they did:

They now have a new segement called "Vidor-Tales".  The segement started with saying ND had obtained a history text book from Vidor High School and in it says, "Martin Luther King's dream was to grow watermelons without seeds."  They went on to say it also says, "Mrs. Parks rode in the front of the bus because she thought the first stop was a kentucky fried chicken store".  This was followed by ND saying his coach in college told him to never got o Montrose or Vidor.  The remainder of the program was filled with callers calling in to tell their racial "Vidor-Tales". The entire segement had a banjo playing in the background.  Here is a link......[url=http://Vidor Tales! « CBS Houston]Vidor Tales! « CBS Houston [/url] 

Funny they never mentioned how the town came together after a young black athlete passed away this past season, or how the things they discussed were 40 or 50 years old.  What a discrace! 

Sport's 610 Program Director EMail: [url=http://[email protected]][email protected] [/url]
Vidor, hats off too you!  Damn fine place to live.
[/quote]I have heard the segment as well.............the true racists are on 610 sports

How can this happen? Those guys should be terminated. Look at the radio guy a few years ago (Don Amos?sp)that said something about a black basketball players hair and it made national news. He was also terminated. It wasnt meant to be racial, he was just making a joke. This, on the other hand, is racism at its worst. This needs to be brought to the attention of everyone involved including CBS. That is just plain sick!!

[quote name="rollinac" post="1180677" timestamp="1329593876"]
I doubt it'll even get them any bad press....the vast majority of folks in the listening area have no interaction with Vidor or anyone from there.
[/quote]

Well...then someone from the Vidor community needs to MAKE this a big deal. If I were a Vidorian, I would be outraged and offended. The Vidor folks should contact anyone and everyone that has involment and demand an over-the-air appology and those guys should only be able to get a job as a shopping cart guy at dollar general. I pray that all of our local Orange County media sources and elected officials, stand up for the Vidor community and make sure those morons pay for the blatant racism. I guess graduating the 8th grade is enough to be on sports talk radio now. I know an elected official quite well here in Orange County and will bring it to his attention. Trust me, the man doesnt tolerate racism or smithing of our great county or its great citizens.

[quote name="19bulldog88" post="1180689" timestamp="1329595841"]
Try this if your looking for sports talk without dumb#$%^ hosts: http://www.sports790.com/main.html

I personally don't care for 610am or 97.5fm....

790am is a sister station of 740am(i think)

[/quote]

The only reason I listened to 610 was for the Jim Rome Show.  When they didn't carry that anymore, I started listening to 790 most of the time.  I will listen to them exclusively now.

[quote name="vp32" post="1180653" timestamp="1329589304"]
Vidor has to be able to sue them for this right?
[/quote]Whats wrong?  I KNOW this didn't hit you hard at heart since you can give jokes but you can't handle this stuff about your town.  Those radio guys are ignorant, no doubt, but what does that make you for saying 'Blowmont'?  ::) ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1180708" timestamp="1329597858"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=96211.msg1180653#msg date=1329589304]
[/quote]Whats wrong?  I KNOW this didn't hit you hard at heart since you can give jokes but you can't handle this stuff about your town.  Those radio guys are ignorant, no doubt, but what does that make you for saying 'Blowmont'?  ::) ::)
[/quote]
Don't be so sensitive soulja. I was joking and i didn't hold a radio talk show about how racist Beaumont is. Comparing what i said to this is plain out stupid soulja. Are you serious man?

This is crazy, Vidor is taking a bashing from incidents that occurred 30, 40, 50 years ago.  Yes they did have problems with the Klan in the 90’s, and that was outside influences that came in and started the problems not Vidor residents.  Most people do not know that there are many blacks that work, travel and stop in Vidor daily.  I have a friend that is a Black Deputy that works in Vidor and has worked there for years, he will tell you that he would work nowhere else but Vidor.

Good Grief 

Surprised they haven't slammed Lumberton as well. Lumberton was a big Klan area back in the 40, 50, 60 & 70's. My uncles neighbor there was the local head Klan member. Talk about some hatred. Its sad a radio personality has to bring up long ago history to make some ratings and get his phone to ring. Here's a suggestion, fight fire with fire. Contact the FOX news corp and let them know what this guy is doing. I'm sure it would bring about some fair play and light to the publics attention. I think that if people will stop and think about what they are saying about Vidor, that it could actually influence the opinions of people outside of the area about all of the Golden Triangle. Vidor in itself is part of the Golden Triangle.
I spend time in Vidor and several of my employee's are Black. They have never had any problems in Vidor working.  I remember back in the 90's when some outsiders created problems in Vidor with racism. Sad that this crap happens and that some nut case on the radio brings crap up like this. I have lots of friends that live in Vidor. I'm sure once they read this stuff they will be very upset.

[quote name="vp32" post="1180710" timestamp="1329598314"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96211.msg1180708#msg date=1329597858]
[/quote]
Don't be so sensitive soulja. I was joking and i didn't hold a radio talk show about how racist Beaumont is. Comparing what i said to this is plain out stupid soulja. Are you serious man?
[/quote]I figured that you wouldn't like it when it was spent the other way.  ;)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1180765" timestamp="1329605239"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=96211.msg1180710#msg date=1329598314]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=96211.msg1180708#msg date=1329597858]
[/quote]
[/quote]I figured that you wouldn't like it when it was spent the other way.  ;)
[/quote]
Spend the other way around? Wow soulja. No offense man but if you think that you can compare me calling beaumont, blowmont one time to a guy talking racist about my town live on the air then you are not as smart as i thought you were. I know you ain't no drama queen, or so i thought.  ::)

I'm not sure it's a new segment. this audio of the show has a date listing of April 18, 2011

http://cbshouston.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/vidortales4-18-11.mp3

I am originally from Vidor and basically grew up there because I was always at my grandparents and great grandparents houses. My parents graduated from Vidor HS. This is a disgrace that this is allowed to be online and on the radio

Guest ECBucFan
Now ESPN has gone off on Lin, calling him a "chink". Looks like whites and Asians are FAIR GAME BY THE RACIST MEDIA.  >:(

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/02/espn-apologizes-for-offensive-headline-on-lin-story/

I can't believe a sports radio station would air this the day before black heritage day-today,nor any other day.There's plenty to report about in their own backyard.Lawd talk about some NF ISD officials taking tax $$$$$$$$$ for their own gain while students suffer from admin failures like putting duct tape numbers on t-shirts for jerseys,and other elected officials illegally lining their own pocketbooks inside the city of Houston.We shop in Vidor/Lumberton/Beaumont area often and they're all great folks/great neighbors and it tees me off to offend them.Editor man up and apologize for your ignorance of our backyard/police your own.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder