Silsbee At OF Final

Coach Killam is a great guy and always has something nice to say. We are glad to have him. I have known most our girls since they were in elementary school and these girls have always had great personalities. Some are soft spoken and some are loud, but none of them are arrogant. I think they realize that every game is a battle and your opponent fights just as hard as you do. In victory or defeat, you should always display good sportsmanship.

Caught the second half of the ball game. Orangefield was up at the half and came out strong and then seemed to fall completely apart shortly into the 3rd quarter. After about 7 minutes of bad play, they finally began to press and the 16 point deficit was down to 4 points after only about two and a half minutes. Those girls can score a lot of points in a hurry! If they had played that way for the rest of the game they would have won but it looked like they backed off some and started fouling. The game was a lot closer than the final score. There was a lot of foul shot opportunities for both teams. Silsbee was much better than OF at the free throw line. If OF can get more consistant on that and stay with their press, they will take the next game. Also, number 23 for Orangefield is a flat out athlete. If she gets better at getting into position on the boards, she will be a big weapon. That girl can jump! Silsbee played very well too. It looked like Orangefield was going to come back and take the game but they hung in there and finished it off. This is a great district!

I thought we pressed at the right time...remember we were short two girls last night so our depth wasn't there.

Great game by both teams...I've seen Silsbee this year and knew what they would bring to the table. Very athletic and well coached. I was proud of our Lady Cats last night. Hats off to our coaching staff for having the girls ready to play. Each girl played their tail off but just fell short. It's been a long couple of days for them but they handled it well and got out there and played together like a team, very proud of you young ladies!!!

I was there for the second half of the game to but was treated to entertainment other than the ball game. I was sitting on the Orangefield side and never have I heard so much whining and moaning and excuse making in my life. I had already been told about the situation by a couple of people but I got another earful. It was "the school had no right" this and "the school had no right" that. "The coach should have waited to suspend til Thursday, not an important district game" waa, waa, waa.

The coach should be commended for putting discipline ahead of winning a game. Students who participate in extra-curricular activities are held to a certain standard of behavior, school event or not, and when an athlete doesn’t comply they are penalized. That’s why schools get involved. If you don’t like it, you can choose to get out of athletics.

By making such a big deal of the minor punishment their children received by the school, these parents are setting a bad example, not to mention everyone in Orange County now knows about it because of the fuss

Hey kvilleballa, any advice because I’m about to get slammed by some P***d Off mamas and daddies! Sometimes the truth hurts.

Guest bleed orange

You won't hear any whinning from me. Good post Frogger. I think this will make our team stronger. Our girls played with a lot of heart and character last night and I am proud of them.

Thats a direct reflection of their Coach' date=' Coach Killam. If you have met him, then you know what im talking about.[/quote']

I'll have to 2nd your reply jdawg...There are a lot of classy and fine coaches in this area and I'm proud to coach in SE Texas, but you will not find a more classy and upstanding coach than Bob Killam...I've had the priviledge to coach with Bob and he demands that his girls show the utmost respect for their opponent. I'm glad that he's back in this area after a 2 year hiatus in San Marcos.

I think coaches are not only supposed to teach the game, but also to teach life lessons to their athletes. The big picture is "How did you do in life" not "How many points did you score" I was at the game and didn't know anything about what happened until midway through the 1st quarter. If those girls that were playing for Orangefield weren't the "superstars", please don't tell them because they don't know it. They played SUPER and should be applauded for their efforts. Any team would be proud to have girls that could play like that off the bench!

I was definitely impressed. Good job Coach.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder