Kountze vs. Warren Game Thread/Kountze wins 79-39!

WOSgrad

Judging from how they played early in the season to how they're playing now I think they're poised to make a surprising run. Playoffs is all about peaking at the right time and which team has the momentum. I think the Lions have both right now. Also, not being ranked, believe it or not is helping this team, psychologically. They now have to prove themselves to everyone. We need to face a good DEFENSIVE team in the warm-up game if we're able to.

I think we're in a good position considering how far this young group has come.

[quote name="utfan06" post="1174409" timestamp="1328722495"]
I wonder which team we will play at area.. anyone know who the first round matchup we get the winner of will be?
[/quote]

We get a bye in the first round. Our opponent in the Area round is still up in the air between Frankston/Sabine (2nd and 3rd - Dist. 21) vs. Newton/Woden (2nd and 3rd- Dist. 23). We'll face the winner of that game. Frankston/Sabine face each other Tuesday. The winner of that game will play the lose out of Newton/Woden who play each other Friday.

If we win the Area round, we'll more than likely face the winner of Central Heights and Crockett.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1174509" timestamp="1328729129"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=95636.msg1174507#msg1174507 date=1328728755]
Kountze won't lose to the same team 3 times in a year.
[/quote]

Yep, Crockett may keep that from happening. ;)
[/quote]

You're calling that too?!  :)

It's possible we'll have our rematch with Crockett from last year.

Interesting playoff fact. Since we won the State Championship in 2007, we've lost every year in the Quarterfinal round. Out of the four teams that beat us 3 of them went on to either the Regional Finals (Crockett - '11) or State Tournament (New Waverly - '09, '10).

We just need to get back to the Regional Tournament! LOL! We've won 100% of our Regional Semi-final games once we got there...  ;)

Size is the Lions Achilles this year.They play hard but just aren't anywhere near as big across the press as they have been in the past.I see them winning their first playoff game but probably not their second.The scores are misleading because the district clubs are not real strong this season.

[quote name="bbfan1955" post="1174943" timestamp="1328802448"]
Are you saying you can't win without size, if so tell that to silsbee because they just keep on winning and they don't have any size
[/quote]

Speed. I will say this though, before Ashton Hall, CJ Busby, Roman Walker, and Devin Bray, we had NO size. All we had was quickness which led to excellent defense and we could shoot the lights out.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder