West Hardin Fluke/Real???

WHALUM

Is this 5-0 start for West Hardin just pre-season luck , or are they actually a pretty talented squad?? I know they did pretty well last year in pre-season, and then got beat up on during district play.. Are they being carried by one player, or are there others that can pick up the slack??Will they go undefeated, or does there schedule get tougher?

They are pretty solid top to bottom.Letsinger is a good all around player and Copeland will get better each game,he will be better in a couple of years than Letsinger is now and thats pretty darn good.They had the misfortune last year of being in 24aa with Kountze and EC and Newton.They will win their district this year however I dont think they can run with Chireno in the playoffs or go big against Goodrich.I hope they do well I always enjoy seeing our kids play them.My prediction is they win that district and go 2 rounds deep in the playoffs.They also seem to have a really good coach.

West Hardin will be playing in the Goodrich Tournament this weekend. We could possibly see a West Hardin/Goodrich Championship game, which would be a good test for the Oilers. They have also played two 3A teams so far this season. One being Liberty who they beat by 21 points always has an athletic bunch and the other being Tarkington who is a very well coached team that will have a lot of success this year and make the playoffs despite their past. Brandon Letsinger is of course the leader of this team and will be backed up each night by 3 other players from last years team who will rotate around 2nd leading scoring position on a nightly basis. Letsinger at the point guard position will be a tough match-up for any team they face. He’s about 6'2" and can handle the ball as well as shoot and dish it. He can also jump. He took 5th place at the state meet last year in the high jump for 2A. Whsalum is right. Tyler Copeland will get better as the season goes on. He is a sophomore who will be putting up senior numbers by the time district rolls around. Should be an exciting season for the Oilers.

They are most definitely for real. I think you are way off in saying that they couldn't handle Chireno. I've seen them both and WH is much stronger in my opinion. I would love to see Goodrich vs. WH. If Copeland is going to be better than Letsinger, then he will be a stud.

I do not know that Tyler will be as good as Brandon in every facet of the game. Brandon does everything that is asked of him extremely well. I do not think Tyler will be quite the ball handler Brandon is.

Tyler is starting to drive more which is creating more open jumpers for him.

I think Brandon is being better utilized at the point this year. That is a tough matchup for other teams that will want to man up on him.

West Hardin is definitely for real..They are very well coached and have a talented bunch of players...I think this is definitely the best basketball team west hardin has ever put on the floor...West Hardin hasn't maid the playoffs in basketball since 1990..and that was the only time they've ever been...If they play hard night in and night out they have a chance to go really deep in the playoffs...They will definitely have a tough gameagainst goodrich this weekend..everyone should come watch..it's gonna be exciting...and as far as chireno goes, whalum is right, they can run, but they don't play defense either....west hardin held chester under 30 points when they played them..chester scored 79 on chireno...but we'll worry about them when we get there....

How is West Hardin in front of Warren on the Small School rankings???? Warren has way more talent than West Hadin ever dreamed of having in Basketball!!!!! :twisted:

Warren beat Tarkington by 2 and West Hardin beat Tarkington by 11 so I didn't think it is fair to say Warren is way more talented based upon that one observation. I haven't seen Warren to give my opinion though.

____

Someone else mentioned despite Tarkington's past they might make the playoffs this year. Tarkington is not a stranger to the playoffs in basketball. They have been several times in the recent past, but it has been at least 3 years..so they are due.

I graduated from Tarkington back in 2000. We went to the playoffs in 99 and 00 and then the class from 02 I think it was went. Since then I think they have not been able to make it. The district got a lot tougher once I graduated. We moved in with Huffman, Barbers Hill, Liberty and that bunch. I think they will do pretty well this year. Coach Enloe who is their head coach now was the assistant when I was there and he knows his basketball and does a great job of motivating players to give him everything they have.

Ha ha, Tarkington also has a GREAT assistant coach. I don't care if he does make Shawn Plummer cry during the halftime of one of our freshman games. Punching Chris Renineke in the nose. What was he thinking? My team is doing OK. We have lost a lot of close games lately. But we are getting much better. District starts really soon and we should do pretty well. Varsity won consolation at last weeks tournament in Granger and my JV should win consolation at this weeks tourney in Moody. I was going to try and watch you guys play West Hardin in a few weeks but we won't get out of school till the day after yall play. I think I’m going to be able to watch them play Saturday in the Goodrich Tourney. They should end up playing Goodrich, which will be a really good game. Anyways...good luck with the rest of the season. You guys better knock off Sheperd, Liberty and Splendora for sure and get in the playoffs.

Guest StrosB4Hoes

What was Plummer thinking that night? Its a good thing Mac had his back! :D

Speaking of Shawn Plummer, I heard that guy was a Badass! Not much of a bball player but the guy could run for days. If you have ever heard of the term follow the bouncing ball, that was him! Wherever the ball went Shawn went! Then you would hear that awful cry "Plummer!!" what the... lol Hey Demup how are you man? Could'nt of asked for a better Coach! Thanks man! Will see you soon can't wait to see a game this year!

Is Enloe ever on here? If so how are you man?

Guest StrosB4Hoes

IT's Shawn! I didn't want to talk bad about myself so I wrote in third person point of view to make it seem like somone else had something good to say about me. Are you coaching basketball this year?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder