Why Not A Shot Clock In High School

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1160891" timestamp="1326669264"]
No shot clock. Keeps the high school game it's "signature". Like seeing teams having to use some strategy in those situations.
[/quote]There is no strategy in having a 10 pt. lead and you hold the ball. Intentional fouls getting to be too rough at times.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1160906" timestamp="1326670054"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94319.msg1160891#msg1160891 date=1326669264]
No shot clock. Keeps the high school game it's "signature". Like seeing teams having to use some strategy in those situations.
[/quote]There is no strategy in having a 10 pt. lead and you hold the ball. Intentional fouls getting to be too rough at times.
[/quote]

Excuse me, Dove-  Isnt earning a ten point lead and then trying not to allow the other team a chance to erase it considered a "strategy"?  As for intentional fouls being too rough, I would suggest that there are many "intentional" fouls that are too rough that take place in the course of a game, not just when a team is holding the ball. 

[quote name="stevenash" post="1160912" timestamp="1326670305"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=94319.msg1160906#msg1160906 date=1326670054]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=94319.msg1160891#msg1160891 date=1326669264]
[/quote]

Excuse me, Dove-  Isnt earning a ten point lead and then trying not to allow the other team a chance to erase it considered a "strategy"?  As for intentional fouls being too rough, I would suggest that there are many "intentional" fouls that are too rough that take place in the course of a game, not just when a team is holding the ball.
[/quote]Good, then you do see the advantage for a clock ;)

One more thing Dove- I am VERY surprised you would advocate a shot clock.  Since you are a champion of the "little guy" and the" underprivileged" in general life terms,( as in making things as fair and equitable as possible for everyone) I would have assumed you would be very much in support of anything (no shot clock) that would give the less talented and less fortunate teams a chance to compete.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1160852" timestamp="1326667042"]
Watching Brewster Academy and Tilton Prep play on ESPN. They play with a shot clock. Personally, I'd give my vote for high schools in Texas to play with a shot clock.
[/quote]

Uil has be talking about a shot for a while. I think we are still five years away from seeing any true movement towards a shot clock.

[quote name="Sea Aggie" post="1160981" timestamp="1326676331"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=94319.msg1160975#msg1160975 date=1326675476]
Lot of difference in HS and college. For the reasons AAW and eastbb stated is why there needs to be no shot clock...
[/quote]

I bet there were people who said we didn't need the 3 point line either.
[/quote]A shot clock would benifit the bigger stronger faster and hurt the smaller schools more.    The three point line is fine. They just need to bring back the mid range jumper...lol

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline