Craig Stump accepts Atascocita job

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="robanadana" post="1149215" timestamp="1324417943"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93336.msg1149122#msg1149122 date=1324408763]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93336.msg1149119#msg1149119 date=1324408624]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=93336.msg1149108#msg1149108 date=1324407882]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93336.msg1149105#msg1149105 date=1324407589]
Where's Sgt Rey?
[/quote]Maybe the Vidor coach will apply ;)
[/quote]Why, so he can wreck his career? Vidor, at this point, has better facilities, a school board and administration that more straight laced, and much better pride and community support. Stay in Vidor, Coach Matthews. ;)
[/quote]What does the 'School Board' have to do with wins/losses on the football field?
[/quote]

I'll jump in on this one. First, Jeff Mathews is the third highest paid coach in the area and that's not counting his stipends. His wife is from Vidor and his children attend Vidor's recognized and exemplary schools. Bridge City tried to woo Jeff away four years ago and he stayed with the Pirates for several obvious reasons, some listed above. If BC couldn't get him, why would he want to jump into a nightmare situation when he essentially is a minor god in Pirateland? And, last I checked, he coached a team that went three rounds deep last year with most of its' team returning. Lastly, I'm  a pretty good shot with a deer rifle and you'll get stopped at the Neches River bridge with your proposal. [b]How about this one, why not have some of those WB kids transfer to Vidor, attend a great school system and play for a great coaching staff with the best fan base in the area?[/b] Try that one on!! GO PIRATES!!!
[/quote]
They already have.  :o  8)

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1149222" timestamp="1324418627"]
WB doesn't have much coming back....for the next 3 yrs...I've seen it...So, don't say there's talent there...

I think someone said something about BISD not wanting WB to have a successful program(in not so many words)...so, they pushed out a Coach....SMALL EXAMPLE: A Scaffold that was sitting in Durley, that Coach Stump wanted to be used on the practice fields for filming....a request was submitted for maintenance to move the scaffold...one year and a half later, it's still there....I moved it in 15 minutes!

Is it a black and white thing?  Don't know, but if the shoe fits.... however you want to perceive it.  I really could care less...WB's facilities are absolutely terrible...I do believe people's thoughts are, "that's the west end, they got money"...not the point...why wasn't WB demolished and built back in 6 months?  But we can build 3 elementary schools in 6 months on the other side of town....we just wanted a field house in 6 months...just one....yeah, I know...education is first right?...go ahead and believe that was the mentality...

When it's not a problem on the other side of I-10, it's no big deal...THAT'S BISD's PROBLEM!!  sugar coat it however you want....there's still no field house...WB is a mess...ALL this could have been done over the summer...they did some BS renovation to a couple of offices and RR's...I was embarrassed to be apart of it....

The locked pointless preseason schedule....W. T . F. (why the fuss  ;D)?!!  IT'S A WASTE OF TWO GAMES!!  THAT's WHY WE HIT A CULTURE SHOCK WHEN WE SEE KATY IN WEEK 3!!  the jealousy of WB's Football program  by BISD progressively kills the program!  so...STOP transfers, lock preseason schedule until "WB looses to both schools"(evil laughs by BISD)...If it looks like crap and smells like crap...you form ur opinion...to me it is crap... ;)..just sayin...

Coach Stump did a good job here, and moved at the right time...I can't blame him...good luck.

Bring in the next guy...ASAP!!
[/quote]
You know you could always jump on the Vidor bandwagon. We are certain to have a good year next year. Your more than welcome Sgt. OORAH!!!

[quote name="vp32" post="1149255" timestamp="1324421117"]
[quote author=SgtRey link=topic=93336.msg1149222#msg1149222 date=1324418627]
WB doesn't have much coming back....for the next 3 yrs...I've seen it...So, don't say there's talent there...

I think someone said something about BISD not wanting WB to have a successful program(in not so many words)...so, they pushed out a Coach....SMALL EXAMPLE: A Scaffold that was sitting in Durley, that Coach Stump wanted to be used on the practice fields for filming....a request was submitted for maintenance to move the scaffold...one year and a half later, it's still there....I moved it in 15 minutes!

Is it a black and white thing?  Don't know, but if the shoe fits.... however you want to perceive it.  I really could care less...WB's facilities are absolutely terrible...I do believe people's thoughts are, "that's the west end, they got money"...not the point...why wasn't WB demolished and built back in 6 months?  But we can build 3 elementary schools in 6 months on the other side of town....we just wanted a field house in 6 months...just one....yeah, I know...education is first right?...go ahead and believe that was the mentality...

When it's not a problem on the other side of I-10, it's no big deal...THAT'S BISD's PROBLEM!!  sugar coat it however you want....there's still no field house...WB is a mess...ALL this could have been done over the summer...they did some BS renovation to a couple of offices and RR's...I was embarrassed to be apart of it....

The locked pointless preseason schedule....W. T . F. (why the fuss  ;D)?!!  IT'S A WASTE OF TWO GAMES!!  THAT's WHY WE HIT A CULTURE SHOCK WHEN WE SEE KATY IN WEEK 3!!  the jealousy of WB's Football program  by BISD progressively kills the program!  so...STOP transfers, lock preseason schedule until "WB looses to both schools"(evil laughs by BISD)...If it looks like crap and smells like crap...you form ur opinion...to me it is crap... ;)..just sayin...

Coach Stump did a good job here, and moved at the right time...I can't blame him...good luck.

Bring in the next guy...ASAP!!
[/quote]
You know you could always jump on the Vidor bandwagon. We are certain to have a good year next year. Your more than welcome Sgt. OORAH!!!
[/quote]
I appreciate it .... ;D

Sargent "Slaughter" Rey.  Drops the BOMB!!!  I will defer all further comments to your post! Â¥ 
                                    Â¥
                                      Â¥. \.        /
                                      Â¥  ••••••
                                          Â¥ ••••
                                            •¥•

Awesome  I had to read it over again.  Yep.  Still awesome!!

[quote name="One4All" post="1149383" timestamp="1324439695"]
Once again WB didn't want that side of of bmt ........Now that the kids go elsewhere there a problem..................It all stars at the middle schools
[/quote]

I still dont want that side of beaumont--end all this busing krap, it didnt work--BISD is a flipping joke, the whole city is a mess, Beaumont is more racially screwed up than its been in about 50 yrs ...Not a Stump fan, but jeez,--who can blame him for leaving?

Sgt. Reye only gave the political answer.  There is always 2 sides to this.  Schools on the other side of I-10?  Please.  I believe Regina Howell and Amilia were the first to get brand new facilities.  Jeolouse of the West Brook Program?  For what?  Is there a state championship banner from the last 20 years?  No.  The facilities are horrible?  They are that way because the hater electrical contractor get mad and prompted a stop work order.  Central's field  house project almost met the same faith as well.  The only thing I see is that the old WB coach make a bunch of excuses.  Knew they will not be that good for a few years.  His son will be graduating.  Blah, blah, blah.  I still say good riddance. 

[quote name="baddog" post="1149266" timestamp="1324421848"]
I know I'm an outsider and should keep my nose out of BISD business (not gonna happen) but money should not be a problem in Atascosita. The town is full of vulgar displays of wealth.

Good luck coach.
[/quote]Money has nothing to do with this, contrary to what people want to believe.

[quote name="J.T. Williams" post="1149324" timestamp="1324433965"]
Sgt. Rey, I would first like to thank you for your service to our great country. Secondly, I appreciate you for telling like it is as to what these coaches and kids have to put up with at WB. I feel sorry the people who pay school taxes and have to put up with this sorry bunch of characters who run this district.
[/quote]and you have people like you that constantly try to link EVERYTHING to the SUP. and Co. 

[quote name="12gage" post="1149327" timestamp="1324434346"]
Sgt. Ray , you are the only one telling the truth ,  and you do know from the inside , bisd does not want wb to succeed , bottom line
[/quote]Is it the 'truth' because that is what you and the media want to hear?  Why was the 'other side' of the story 'not' the truth?  I bet I can tell you why. 8)

[quote name="puddin tane" post="1149389" timestamp="1324440936"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=93336.msg1149383#msg1149383 date=1324439695]
Once again WB didn't want that side of of bmt ........Now that the kids go elsewhere there a problem..................It all stars at the middle schools
[/quote]

I still dont want that side of beaumont--end all this busing krap, it didnt work--BISD is a flipping joke, the whole city is a mess, Beaumont is more racially screwed up than its been in about 50 yrs ...Not a Stump fan, but jeez,--who can blame him for leaving?
[/quote]Yes, you're right.  Beaumont is racist, and probably not the side you are thinking.  Go and read the media forums and you'll see.