Craig Stump accepts Atascocita job

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1149222" timestamp="1324418627"]
WB doesn't have much coming back....for the next 3 yrs...I've seen it...So, don't say there's talent there...

I think someone said something about BISD not wanting WB to have a successful program(in not so many words)...so, they pushed out a Coach....SMALL EXAMPLE: A Scaffold that was sitting in Durley, that Coach Stump wanted to be used on the practice fields for filming....a request was submitted for maintenance to move the scaffold...one year and a half later, it's still there....I moved it in 15 minutes!

Is it a black and white thing?  Don't know, but if the shoe fits.... however you want to perceive it.  I really could care less...WB's facilities are absolutely terrible...I do believe people's thoughts are, "that's the west end, they got money"...not the point...why wasn't WB demolished and built back in 6 months?  But we can build 3 elementary schools in 6 months on the other side of town....we just wanted a field house in 6 months...just one....yeah, I know...education is first right?...go ahead and believe that was the mentality...

When it's not a problem on the other side of I-10, it's no big deal...THAT'S BISD's PROBLEM!!  sugar coat it however you want....there's still no field house...WB is a mess...ALL this could have been done over the summer...they did some BS renovation to a couple of offices and RR's...I was embarrassed to be apart of it....

The locked pointless preseason schedule....W. T . F. (why the fuss  ;D)?!!  IT'S A WASTE OF TWO GAMES!!  THAT's WHY WE HIT A CULTURE SHOCK WHEN WE SEE KATY IN WEEK 3!!  the jealousy of WB's Football program  by BISD progressively kills the program!  so...STOP transfers, lock preseason schedule until "WB looses to both schools"(evil laughs by BISD)...If it looks like crap and smells like crap...you form ur opinion...to me it is crap... ;)..just sayin...

Coach Stump did a good job here, and moved at the right time...I can't blame him...good luck.

Bring in the next guy...ASAP!!
[/quote]Sarge, while we have had our differences and we dont always see eye to eye, i couldn't agree with you more. You hit the nail on the head 100%. People want to sit there and believe that all 3 HS's get the same treatment, but it just isn't true. WB has been the red-headed stepchild of the district since, oh, about 1997! I cant make this stuff up, people. Yeah, we got a nice stadium out of the deal, with a jacked up name, but WB is still not considered to be a team to be reckoned with in Region 3. All the examples that were listed above are valid reasons why we have been "just average" in 5A football. I have said it before, I dont believe the district, under its current way of conducting business, is set up to support a championship winning football tradition. The field house, the weight room.....these are just a few examples of why things arent working.

[quote name="SgtRey" post="1149541" timestamp="1324485274"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93336.msg1149435#msg1149435 date=1324474257]
Sgt. Reye only gave the political answer.  There is always 2 sides to this.  Schools on the other side of I-10?  Please.  I believe Regina Howell and Amilia were the first to get brand new facilities.  Jeolouse of the West Brook Program?  For what?  Is there a state championship banner from the last 20 years?  No.  The facilities are horrible?  They are that way because the hater electrical contractor get mad and prompted a stop work order.  Central's field  house project almost met the same faith as well.  The only thing I see is that the old WB coach make a bunch of excuses.  Knew they will not be that good for a few years.  His son will be graduating.  Blah, blah, blah.  I still say good riddance.
[/quote]The political answer?...do you know me to be political?...Regina and Amelia were first....do you wanna go inside and see the guinea pigs?...go compare it to French...or try..you don't have that eye ball or experience, it's like picking small schools for you...
Everything points to SUP/BISD...you wanna blame the tax payers?  If you're the top payed Superintendent in the STATE...there is little room for error...TAKE A PAY CUT, then we can listen to excuses...BUT don't protect the SUP because he's black, hold him accountable for the position he holds...I don't care if the Superintendent is from the Mexico...you feel fine knowing the guy is black and in power...I don't care what color he/she is...just do what's right with the power...you don't by your lead maintanance guy a freaking Loaded out F350 to check job site.. W.T.F (why the fuss  ;D)??  Then he goes to the club to get his drink on...etc... The SUP wasn't driving? so let's retire the guy with full benefits?  W.T F? 
YES I said the other side of I-10...I also said if the shoe fits...apparently it fit you.
[/quote]Again, I agree with you 100%. Thank you for telling it like it is.

You guys know I'm an outsider, so I don't know the history of the Super, or the racism or anything else that has been mentioned here.... But I do have an opinion about a few of the issues....

I think WB is going to struggle to get an established coach to take over.... First of all, on the football field this team is going to struggle over the next couple of years based on what I saw coming back.... I thought at times this year Stump may have been unfairly criticized (Coach and QB) but that comes with the job.... 

They will also struggle to find a veteran coach because of the facility situation on campus.... No field house is a big deal, regardless of who says it isn't....

The Butch is as nice as they get, but it only helps on game day.... 

It will have to be someone who is moving up the ranks or someone who is looking for more money....

On the SETX Sports Show on KSET AM1300 at 3:00, I'll throw a name or two out there, a couple of them have been mentioned on this thread....

I'm interested to see how it plays out....

[quote name="HubTx" post="1149658" timestamp="1324499186"]
You guys know I'm an outsider, so I don't know the history of the Super, or the racism or anything else that has been mentioned here.... But I do have an opinion about a few of the issues....

I think WB is going to struggle to get an established coach to take over.... [b]First of all, on the football field this team is going to struggle over the next couple of years based on what I saw coming back[/b].... I thought at times this year Stump may have been unfairly criticized (Coach and QB) but that comes with the job.... 

[b]They will also struggle to find a veteran coach because of the facility situation on campus.... No field house is a big deal, regardless of who says it isn't.... [/b]
The Butch is as nice as they get, but it only helps on game day.... 

It will have to be someone who is moving up the ranks or someone who is looking for more money....

On the SETX Sports Show on KSET AM1300 at 3:00, I'll throw a name or two out there, a couple of them have been mentioned on this thread....

I'm interested to see how it plays out....
[/quote]These are both valid points, and as much as I would like to see a reputable coach come in and take over, no coach worth a darn is going to be willing to take over this program, knowing what he's up against. Just sayin.....

For what its worth, I believe everything happens in cycles, gang. Lets take a look back at the coaches in WB's history....

[b]Alex Durley[/b] (82-84) had a record of [b]32-7-1[/b], and a State Title to his credit.
[b]Leo Nolan[/b] (85) The Bruins went[b] 4-5[/b] under his watch.
[b]Jerry Henschell[/b] (86-96) The Bruins had a record of [b]86-35-1[/b], and numerous playoff appearances, but never reached farther than a Quarterfinal loss to Katy in 1994.
[b]Al Rabb[/b] (97-04) Talent depleted, for the most part, the Bruins could only muster a [b]25-58[/b] record under Rabb.
[b]Craig Stump[/b] (05-11) Coach Stump has a [b]57-23[/b] record in his tenure at the Brook, making it to the 2nd round of the playoff every year except the '11 season.

West Brook is 204-128-2 lifetime in 5A football.

So, you see gang, there seems to be a pattern of up and down, up and down, in the history at WB. I may be reading too much into this, or have too much time on my hands at work, but if history repeats itself, we are in for a few down years in the near future. I hope I'm wrong and we never miss a beat, but from where I'm sitting, it dont look good.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1149665" timestamp="1324500197"]
Extreme class act in Coach Stump!!!

Better things are ahead for him!!! 

[b]WB's loss, BISD's ignorance.[/b].....same old, same old.  No worries, fb fans in Beaumont, they still have the Palace.  [b]Quality Coaching, quality teaching  still doesn't matter to BISD.[/b][/quote]Very Interesting to where you have gotten this information. 

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="1149669" timestamp="1324500638"]
For what its worth, I believe everything happens in cycles, gang. Lets take a look back at the coaches in WB's history....

[b]Alex Durley[/b] (82-84) had a record of [b]32-7-1[/b], and a State Title to his credit.
[b]Jerry Henschell[/b] (86-96) The Bruins had a record of [b]86-35-1[/b], and numerous playoff appearances, but never reached farther than a Quarterfinal loss to Katy in 1994.
[b]Al Rabb[/b] (97-04) Talent depleted, for the most part, the Bruins could only muster a [b]25-58[/b] record under Rabb.
[b]Craig Stump[/b] (05-11) Coach Stump has a [b]57-23[/b] record in his tenure at the Brook, making it to the 2nd round of the playoff every year except the '11 season.

So, you see gang, there seems to be a pattern of up and down, up and down, in the history at WB. I may be reading too much into this, or have too much time on my hands at work, but if history repeats itself, we are in for a few down years in the near future. I hope I'm wrong and we never miss a beat, but from where I'm sitting, it dont look good.
[/quote]And durring those 'down years', I want to see these same West Brook fans in full force supporting their team.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149686" timestamp="1324501874"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93336.msg1149669#msg1149669 date=1324500638]

[/quote]And durring those 'down years', I want to see these same West Brook fans in full force supporting their team.
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/29or04l.jpg[/img]

You really wanna talk about fan support soulja?

[quote name="vp32" post="1149690" timestamp="1324502022"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93336.msg1149686#msg1149686 date=1324501874]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=93336.msg1149669#msg1149669 date=1324500638]

[/quote]

[/quote]Yes.  Let's...  8)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149695" timestamp="1324502303"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93336.msg1149690#msg1149690 date=1324502022]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93336.msg1149686#msg1149686 date=1324501874]

[/quote]

[/quote]
By the way that game was Central's homecoming.

And i'm gonna let the picture do my talking for me.  8)

[quote name="vp32" post="1149697" timestamp="1324502454"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93336.msg1149695#msg1149695 date=1324502303]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=93336.msg1149690#msg1149690 date=1324502022]

[/quote]

[/quote]
By the way that game was Central's homecoming.

And i'm gonna let the picture do my talking for me.  8)
[/quote]I was at this game.  You showed this pictured almost at the end of the game.  Central fans were there.  Most of the fans left after halftime.  Most couldn't stand to watch it anymore.  Show the stands of Central side last  year or any other year.  As you have seen from most of my posts about Central's football team this year, Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could see what the problem was. 

Find the 2010 outright district champion Jaguars side of the stands at the Vidor game or any game and let's see.

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1149665" timestamp="1324500197"]

WB's loss, BISD's ignorance.
.....same old, same old.  No worries, fb fans in Beaumont, they still have the Palace.  [b]Quality Coaching, quality teaching  still doesn't matter to BISD.[/b][/quote]

So is there only quality coaching and teaching at WB? Was Coach Stump the only quality coach in BISD? I beg to differ if so. One of my sons graduated from Ozen and received a quality education. Just as my other son is at  Ozen now and is receiving a quality education and has received quality coaching thus far, no the programs haven't been all successful but he is there to learn more than winning (although he likes winning better). Yes, BISD has its share of problems just as any other district. Each child is offered the same learning experience as the next one which shows in the magnet programs accepting students from all 3 high schools. All 3 high schools rate fairly well with the amount of academic and athletic scholarships at the end of the school year. Not sure that Coach Stump feels that any child will be left behind because of his departure. Good luck to him and his family! 

[quote name="uandme08" post="1149716" timestamp="1324503716"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=93336.msg1149665#msg1149665 date=1324500197]

.....same old, same old.  No worries, fb fans in Beaumont, they still have the Palace.  [b]Quality Coaching, quality teaching  still doesn't matter to BISD.[/b][/quote]

So is there only quality coaching and teaching at WB? Was Coach Stump the only quality coach in BISD? I beg to differ if so. One of my sons graduated from Ozen and received a quality education. Just as my other son is at  Ozen now and is receiving a quality education and has received quality coaching thus far, no the programs haven't been all successful but he is there to learn more than to winning. Yes, BISD has its share of problems just as any other district. Each child is offered the same learning experience as the next one which shows in the magnet programs accepting students from all 3 high schools. All 3 high schools rate fairly well with the amount of academic and athletic scholarships at the end of the school year. Not sure that Coach Stump feels that any child will be left behind because of his departure.
[/quote]I will now applaud this post.

Yes, BISD has its share of problems and some extra....

I work in higher education and it's sad to see how the students of BISD compare to students in our area, our state and beyond.  Students overcome the ineptness of their education system. For that, you can be proud.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1149718" timestamp="1324503928"]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=93336.msg1149716#msg1149716 date=1324503716]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=93336.msg1149665#msg1149665 date=1324500197]

So is there only quality coaching and teaching at WB? Was Coach Stump the only quality coach in BISD? I beg to differ if so. One of my sons graduated from Ozen and received a quality education. Just as my other son is at  Ozen now and is receiving a quality education and has received quality coaching thus far, no the programs haven't been all successful but he is there to learn more than to winning. Yes, BISD has its share of problems just as any other district. Each child is offered the same learning experience as the next one which shows in the magnet programs accepting students from all 3 high schools. All 3 high schools rate fairly well with the amount of academic and athletic scholarships at the end of the school year. Not sure that Coach Stump feels that any child will be left behind because of his departure.
[/quote].

Shall I comment on how Ozen is coached, really?  I won't even go there.  Let's just say their actions speak louder than words. 

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1149725" timestamp="1324505365"]
Yes, BISD has its share of problems and some extra....

I work in higher education and it's sad to see how the students of BISD compare to students in our area, our state and beyond.  Students overcome the ineptness of their education system. For that, you can be proud.

[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=93336.msg1149718#msg1149718 date=1324503928]
[quote author=uandme08 link=topic=93336.msg1149716#msg1149716 date=1324503716]

[/quote].

Shall I comment on how Ozen is coached, really?  I won't even go there.  Let's just say their actions speak louder than words.
[/quote]

I will now applaud this post. LOL

"Shall I comment on how Ozen is coached, really?  I won't even go there.  Let's just say their actions speak louder than words."

Go there if you must but I won't allow you or anybody else to place blame on all the kids for the mistakes that a select few have made. I have busted my tail and quite a few others to raise mine to be the fine young men that they are. You along with anybody else that feels that Ozen has nothing but criminals and/or thugs (as they have been called on several threads) are wrong. One bad decision mars the whole school but where is the media and bashers when Ozen accomplishes something good? I can't speak for how anybody else raises their child but I for one know what I do in my household. Neither do I feel that the coaches condoned any of the bad decisions made and yes things could have been handled differently but you or nobody else can prove to me that all the kids at Ozen are "bad".

And I will applaud my own post LOL

Go back and check my posts concerning LM/OZEN game.  I defended the kids from Ozen...

BISD needs to be held accountable and if I was a parent, taxpayer in Bmt, I would demand more.

Making the point, BISD fails the kids, and because of other factors (like strong parenting) the students overcome the ineptitude of their school system in Beaumont.

Also, it's smarter for Stump to move to better system.  Good luck to him!