22-3A All District

WOSgrad

[img]http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/641/223a1.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img815.imageshack.us/img815/9501/223a2.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/2875/223a3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/5100/223a4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1456/223a5.jpg[/img]

Probably not alot of surprises....Looks like CS was well represented by sweeping the individual awards and having several others named....

That being said I'm sure (to a man) they'd all trade the individual awards for the chance to be playing this Friday for the state championship....

There were lots of dissappointed Trojans walking around campus on Monday....The goal coming into this season was state championship or bust...It's tough to get so close but to ultimately fall a little short...

Congrats to all the players (district wide) named to the team....Good job 22 3A... It was a fun season to watch!

:( These results sure seem to lean to the best team in the district.  Granted CS has some great players, but not all the players on CS are the best in the district.  This should be done more fairly to include all the kids that work hard everyday all over the district.  Just an idea to reward some kids that don't have the glory of a state bound team.

Distric awards are for the best players, You kinda sound like a Little League coach with "To reward some of the kids that don't have the glory of a state bound team" didn't you know that the players were selected before Coldspring made it as far as they did. I'm not even from Coldspring, but if your kid wasn't on the list maybe the whole team needs to work hard to get there. Every "Little Johnny" doesn't get a trophy and made to fell special, this is big boy world. I don't know how you can say Coldpring didn't have most of the best players in District, Heck they man-handled everyone except for Huffman and  could of scored all the points they wanted to on the rest of the district. "Comon Man"

[quote name="meltonk1" post="1145853" timestamp="1323830012"]
:( [b]These results sure seem to lean to the best team in the district[/b].  Granted CS has some great players, but not all the players on CS are the best in the district.  This should be done more fairly to include all the kids that work hard everyday all over the district.  Just an idea to reward some kids that don't have the glory of a state bound team.
[/quote]

HUH?  Aren't they supposed to lean towards the best in the district?  I'm a girl and even I know that.  Let the school district have a banquet and recognize the hard work and dedication the players have put forth.  These awards are to recognize the players for their actions on the field not how dedicated they are to the game. 

OK, I tried to be nice with the post.  I know how they are picked and who was picked.  What I meant was "the picks did not include all the best players in the district."  There is know way CS has 19 out of the 63 that were picked.  Almost 2/3.  Have you been to CS?  What draws all these great players there?  If they truly have that many then they must have something special in the water there!!!!!!!

I think its pretty obvious CS has the best players. If they didn't they wouldn't have dominated district they way they did. There is no rule that says the distribution of players has to be equal among schools.

The only player you could possibly have a argument to be included is fitzwater from Liberty, but Townley had better stats and Scott lead his team to the playoffs. So who do you think should be on here? The list looks pretty good to me.

[quote name="meltonk1" post="1146478" timestamp="1323918639"]
OK, I tried to be nice with the post.  I know how they are picked and who was picked.  What I meant was "the picks did not include all the best players in the district."  There is know way CS has 19 out of the 63 that were picked.  Almost 2/3.  Have you been to CS?  What draws all these great players there?  If they truly have that many then they must have something special in the water there!!!!!!!
[/quote]
All of the key players, which are mostly first and second team has been together since 4-5 years old. There prejunior high record was 45-6 beating Woodlands Brazoria County, Humble, Willis, Conroe, Lufkin, Livingston, etc. They then won district for two years in Junior High, yes even beating Liberty twice. Winning is a habit for that group, same kids was in top three in Basketball Nationals each year and went to state three years in Baseball. Melton we would of loved to have you on our team, if this is the player, your a great player (hit of the year on us). You deserve 1st team. If you won district you would of had more players up top.

Coldspring definintly had the best players in the district hands down.  Whether its the water or the phenominal gene pool, their players deserved all their picks.  If a kid doesnt get picked its either he wasn't nominated or the district coaches didn't feel that their play beat out the other nominees.  Many fights and arguments take place in all district selections so it isn't something that is fixed.  I was a little shocked that cleveland had such a low number of selections for being a playoff team...yet the same rules apply to them too.

[quote name="bjimbo" post="1146582" timestamp="1323961740"]
[b] If a kid doesnt get picked its either he wasn't nominated or the district coaches didn't feel that their play beat out the other nominees.  Many fights and arguments take place in all district selections so it isn't something that is fixed. [/b]  [/quote]

Excellent point...And unless the voting process has changed all that CS coaches can do is nominate their players...I don't think coaches are allowed to vote on their own players so you really are getting a pretty fair assessment because you have coaches who (for instance this year) were absolutely hammered by CS overwhelmingly voting for a large number of CS players...

On another note, when was the last year that 22 3A had one team sweep all of the superlative awards (coach, mvp, poy off & def, special team, newcomer)?....Just curious if anyone knows if it's happened before....I would think it may have not happened before but I'm not sure since I've only being following this particular district the last half decade plus...

I am sorry - but when a team is hands down the best team in the district this is going to happen.  And in 2011 Coldsprings was hands down the dominate team in the district - no other team really had a chance to beat them in 22AAA.  If you do not believe this you did not watch them play.  I watch all teams but Splendora play Liberty so I think I have a good measuring stick to make that statement by. 

Are there other good players in this district - no doubt - but All District rewards players that performed on the field during the year and had the results to document that performance.  In my opinion CS deserves this if not more.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami