Not Just In Texas

NDNation

I remember the rule being enforced pretty regularly against teams like West Brook, Central, and TJ pretty extensively during the 90s. 

It is not a necessary part of the game and that needs to be instilled from early on so we don't have so many idiots in the NFL AND in other parts of life.

Oh so you can break the rules on your birthday and that's ok?  I'll remember that when my birthday comes around.

I think the average IQ in this area is pretty low.

[quote name="invictus" post="1141067" timestamp="1323217509"]
I remember the rule being enforced pretty regularly against teams like West Brook, Central, and TJ pretty extensively during the 90s. 

It is not a necessary part of the game and that needs to be instilled from early on so we don't have so many idiots in the NFL AND in other parts of life.

[b]Oh so you can break the rules on your birthday and that's ok?[/b]  I'll remember that when my birthday comes around.

I think the average IQ in this area is pretty low.
[/quote]
I doubt the kid even new he was breaking a rule. And no need to insult the people in this area just because they have a different opinion than you.

[quote name="invictus" post="1141069" timestamp="1323217668"]
And I think anyone who has seen my posts knows that I would frown upon anyone from Vidor doing that type of thing and would welcome the flag along with the punishment the player would assuredly receive from the coaches.
[/quote]

My point is that monitoring celebrations is something that the coaches should handle. Who is it really hurting for people to get excited and celebrate before, during, OR after a play? If the idiot is stupid enough to screw up a play by celebrating before the play is over, that hurts them and their team - why penalize them further?

My problem with the entire paradigm concerning excessive celebration is the level of subjectivity. There is no way to draw a bright line and when you try you end up with the inevitable overbearing game changing results as in this one. Why in the heck do you care if a kid holds up a fist or a finger or cuts a flip as he careens into the end zone? Who is it really hurting?

Explain what this has to do with intelligence.

[quote name="invictus" post="1141069" timestamp="1323217668"]
And I think anyone who has seen my posts knows that I would frown upon anyone from Vidor doing that type of thing and would welcome the flag along with the punishment the player would assuredly receive from the coaches.
[/quote]
I can think of five different times where a Vidor running back scored and pointed his hand up just like the kid from the other state and you never said a single thing about it. But i bet now that i brought it up your gonna condemn it now. Your a hypocrite invictus. 

[quote name="vp32" post="1141165" timestamp="1323223693"]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=92713.msg1141069#msg1141069 date=1323217668]
[/quote]
[b]I can think of five different times where a Vidor running back scored and pointed his hand up [/b] just like the kid from the other state and you never said a single thing about it. But i bet now that i brought it up your gonna condemn it now. Your a hypocrite invictus.
[/quote]
No sir, it happened more than 5 times and at other levels and there isn't anything wrong with it. It doesn't hurt a thing. Invictus just needs to let people be happy and greatful for an accomplishment. Don't know why she thinks it's garbage.

The UIL/NCAA are cracking down on this. Until this year it was a live ball foul penalized as a dead ball foul. This year they had us start penalizing it as live ball from the spot of the foul. I personally have a hard time penalizing a kid for being happy but find it very easy to penalize a kid for being mean (taunting). We TRY to give the kid the benifit of doubt if he's close to the goal and say he was across before he did it therefore score counts penalty to follow. I'm afraid in this case he would have forced my hand and I would have had to take the score away. It would have made me sick but that's why we high school officials make the big bucks! LOL

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1141169" timestamp="1323224009"]
[quote author=vp32 link=topic=92713.msg1141165#msg1141165 date=1323223693]
[quote author=invictus link=topic=92713.msg1141069#msg1141069 date=1323217668]
[/quote]
[b]I can think of five different times where a Vidor running back scored and pointed his hand up [/b] just like the kid from the other state and you never said a single thing about it. But i bet now that i brought it up your gonna condemn it now. Your a hypocrite invictus.
[/quote]
No sir, it happened more than 5 times and at other levels and there isn't anything wrong with it. It doesn't hurt a thing. Invictus just needs to let people be happy and greatful for an accomplishment. Don't know why she thinks it's garbage.
[/quote]

If you go back and read her posts, you will figure it out.  ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder