Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans VS Wimberley Texans

MEM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw the game I think that the call at 2:45-7 was a bad call. The guy celebrating wasn't even the guy who made the hit. I think he was just happy that the guy dropped the ball.  But things happen and the ref made the call he thought was right at the time. But I dont think you guys D can contain our offfense  we r too fast

Remarks from the Austin American-Statesman newspaper.  [b]Quote "We've got Coldspring, we've got some blood in our mouths," Wimberley junior Reed Jones said. "This is a big win. We're going to be pumped, ready to go for next week. We're going to get it done." Unquote.[/b]  A little Bulletin Board fodder.

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1139820" timestamp="1323049173"]
See you guys in the state game after we defeat Monahans. You had better bring your best.
[/quote]

Yea. Hope to be posting with you next week if my Trojans make it through. You guys are very good. I believe you will have an easier time than us.

Yeah, haha we definitely got our tougher matchups out of the way. Not discrediting Monahans but Carthage and Gilmer are two elite east Texas football programs. Carthage was the most anticipated matchup since they knocked us out last year and we wanted to get revenge. Gilmer was ranked as the top 3A team in Texas. I'm not saying Monahans will be a breeze and we really shouldn't look past them, but I can definitely say they don't have the talent like Carthage and Gilmer.

According to highschoolsports.net the past three games Argyle has played have had a combined ranking of 22. Prosper - 12, Carthage - 9, Gilmer - 1. Numbers don't lie. That's neither here nor there. I'm sure we will be talking a lot next week about whatever match up comes about. Good luck to Wimberley and Coldspring and may your game be injury free.

Actually all of the polls that I have seen have Chappell Hill, Wimberley, and Coldspring 1,2, and 3 all year.  I think we got a really good chance in this game.  We gotta continue what we did against W-OS.  If the offense doesn't make the mistakes in the redzone we should be good.  The defense is better this year than last.  I hope we can come out with the same result as last year.  Plus we need to win so we can get back to Dallas.  It was awesome watching my Trojans in Jerry world.  The only thing that lacked was a win.  Hopefully we can change that this year.  I think Reliant should get some of these title games in the future.  That would be nice.   

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1140038" timestamp="1323091541"]
Actually all of the polls that I have seen have Chappell Hill, Wimberley, and Coldspring 1,2, and 3 all year.  I think we got a really good chance in this game.  We gotta continue what we did against W-OS.  If the offense doesn't make the mistakes in the redzone we should be good.  The defense is better this year than last.  I hope we can come out with the same result as last year.  Plus we need to win so we can get back to Dallas.  It was awesome watching my Trojans in Jerry world.  The only thing that lacked was a win.  Hopefully we can change that this year.  [b]I think Reliant should get some of these title games in the future.  That would be nice.[/b]   
[/quote]

+1

[quote name="Chs96" post="1140070" timestamp="1323096476"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=92625.msg1140038#msg1140038 date=1323091541]
Actually all of the polls that I have seen have Chappell Hill, Wimberley, and Coldspring 1,2, and 3 all year.  I think we got a really good chance in this game.  We gotta continue what we did against W-OS.  If the offense doesn't make the mistakes in the redzone we should be good.  The defense is better this year than last.  I hope we can come out with the same result as last year.  Plus we need to win so we can get back to Dallas.  It was awesome watching my Trojans in Jerry world.  The only thing that lacked was a win.  Hopefully we can change that this year.  [b]I think Reliant should get some of these title games in the future.  That would be nice.[/b]   
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

Reliant would be nice  , but that Grass field has alot to do with that

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1140227" timestamp="1323111166"]
[quote author=Socrates link=topic=92625.msg1140143#msg1140143 date=1323103209]
Argyle might want to take a lesson from UH and not count your chickens before they hatch.
[/quote]

The difference is Argyle is not overrated.
[/quote]

;D ;D +1

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1140232" timestamp="1323111590"]
One other thing have the Oakhurst matchups, thus far in the playoffs, been against good teams or has your team played bad?
[/quote]

You really dont need to worry about Coldspring were overrated !!!!!!!
You will be better off going to Kirbyville and watch them play basketball.  Lol

[quote name="TROJAN92" post="1140234" timestamp="1323112108"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1140232#msg1140232 date=1323111590]
One other thing have the Oakhurst matchups, thus far in the playoffs, been against good teams or has your team played bad?
[/quote]

You really dont need to worry about Coldspring were overrated !!!!!!!
You will be better off going to Kirbyville and watch them play basketball.  Lol
[/quote]

So what should I be looking for then? For Wimberley to whoop y'all. Shall I be the one cheering for Wimberley?

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1139932" timestamp="1323057879"]
Yeah, haha we definitely got our tougher matchups out of the way. Not discrediting Monahans but Carthage and Gilmer are two elite east Texas football programs. Carthage was the most anticipated matchup since they knocked us out last year and we wanted to get revenge. Gilmer was ranked as the top 3A team in Texas. I'm not saying Monahans will be a breeze and we really shouldn't look past them, but I can definitely say they don't have the talent like Carthage and Gilmer.
[/quote]

Monahans and Vidor very much play the same type of game, a strong running ball control offense with an equally strong defense. Go ahead and ask some of these SETX Teams about how everyone was going to beat Vidor they were too slow, or too inexperienced. The same thing has been said all year long with Monahans. And just so you know, in the playoffs it really doesn't mean a thing who you beat last week or the week before that. Sure it sounds good but doesn't give you any points on the board for the next weekend. While I do believe Monahans will end up losing this game, don't take a strong running team lightly because of who you beat the previous weeks. Will definitely be listening to this game best of luck to both teams!!

Not to make any excuses, but our offense was down the last two games before WOS.
Sherman had the flue, he was playing both ways because Trapp broke his neck and is out for the season. Monroe was banged up and the starting Sr guard was out with sprang ankle.
The O was healthy and back in playing action when they played a very good WOS team.

[quote name="TROJAN92" post="1140256" timestamp="1323113781"]

Not to make any excuses, but our offense was down the last two games before WOS.
Sherman had the flue, he was playing both ways because Trapp broke his neck and is out for the season. Monroe was banged up and the starting Sr guard was out with sprang ankle.
The O was healthy and back in playing action when they played a very good WOS team.
[/quote]

In reference to the playoffs, I am not doubting any teams ability I am just giving my prediction. If more information is necessary I will give my opinion on it and back it up. I believe that Coldspring is a very good team I just wanted to get the facts straight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder