Coldspring-Oakhurst Trojans VS Wimberley Texans

MEM

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1141619" timestamp="1323287881"]
They really should have played this game in Kyle Field.  I know the game site is closer for Wimberley, but is there gonna be enough roo
for everyone that is going.  Seems like a small venue for this big of a game.
[/quote]

Agreed.  Because WO-S and CS-O nearly filled up a stadium officially listed with a capacity of 10,600 and rumored to be a high as 12,000.  8,500 seems a little small.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1141619" timestamp="1323287881"]
They really should have played this game in Kyle Field.  I know the game site is closer for Wimberley, but is there gonna be enough roo
[/quote]

The 3 hr drive is causing quite a few to back out.  Some are also backing out due to the annual Christmas on the Square Event this weekend... the rest of us have our priorities straight. :)

[quote name="LuvMyTrojans" post="1141743" timestamp="1323298635"]
[b]The 3 hr drive is causing quite a few to back out.  Some are also backing out due to the annual Christmas on the Square Event this weekend... [/b] the rest of us have our priorities straight. :)
[/quote]

Someone needs to pull those aside and ask them what the heck they're thinking...The fact that it's 3 hrs away makes it even more important for as many fans as possible from CS to show up because you know the other team will have plenty due to their proximity...

Come on CS fans if you can't make the drive to support your community's young men try to get back to the state title game then shame on you....I know the drive is a pain but really how many times do teams get this type of opportunity...Just because we've done it twice in a row doesn't make it a rite of passage or diminish the difficulty of making it 5 rounds deep...JMO...

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141564" timestamp="1323283470"]
Do you know anything about Argyle?
[/quote]

I know we're not playing them this week...Not sure why there is so much Argyle talk on this thread...If both teams don't take care of business two days from now there won't be anything to talk about...

Beat Wimberley and then we can turn our focus to whatever team comes out of the other side....Last year Wimberley and Brownwood were supposed to be the favorites to go to the state title game (w/nobody being able to hang with Brownwood) but something strange happened along the way....Both got beat in round 5....

BTW, I know plenty about Argyle (but like I said in terms of this week) it doesn't matter...

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141564" timestamp="1323283470"]
Do you know anything about Argyle?

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=124802&st=160&gopid=1658264&
[/quote]

[b][size=14pt]Are you serious [/size] [/b] ??? :o

[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1140691#msg1140691 date=1323189596]
[b]I don't know much about either team [/b] [color=red]but going off numbers [/color]  :o I think this game is going to be a lot closer than this. Sure Coldspring has blown out all their teams but [b]it was a very easy schedule[/b]. [/quote]

[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1141191#msg1141191 date=1323225516]
[color=red]After looking at the numbers [/color] I think that CS-O's running back is good but I think his stats are [b]a little padded[/b] due to the weakness of schedule. I wouldn't want to play either team [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

"Weak schedule"...Same song, different verse, yet each week the same result.  Respect is earned on the field, not running your mouth on a forum...

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141769" timestamp="1323302793"]
Okay and since I'm not the one on the field I'm going to support my team and hey if it benefits me I'll do a little smack talking while I'm at it. Different strokes for different folks.
[/quote]

But your team isn't playing CS this week and there isn't any guarantee they will next week...There's another thread (on this board) for Argyle smack and it's really not this thread...I really don't think many really care anything about Argyle right now, however, should both CS and Argyle win this weekend I'm sure you'll have plenty of opportunity to talk as much as you'd like...

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141775" timestamp="1323303690"]
I'm just getting our name out there and just giving you something to chew on. Good luck to both teams.
[/quote]

"Call a spade a spade"...

You're only here to ruffle feathers, or atleast try.  Welcome my friend ;)

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1141949" timestamp="1323347561"]
Nice news piece.  Now channel 13 needs to do a piece on us about day by day.  I think it is similar.  We got unfinished business and were primed and ready to finish it.  Go Trojans!
[/quote]

Not if Region 1 and 2 have anything to say about. Mostly region 2 :P

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1141479" timestamp="1323273013"]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=92625.msg1141359#msg1141359 date=1323264051]
Yea, lets not look past Wimberly yet, they were pretty scrappy last year for most of the game, we will contend with the ArgyleEagle stat guru next week, he's a typical HOMER who only knows what the stat sheets say, same as everyone else we played last year, he needs to get his tuba loaded on the bus and hope they make it past this week, we'll start thinking about them next week if they make it. DAY BY DAY.
[/quote]

I've been a hard follower of Argyle Football since I graduated there. I went to College and graduated with a construction engineering degree. I never played in a band. I'm pretty good at gauging how good my team is. I've been more worried in the past two weeks than this week. But you are right...Day by Day..See ya in Arlington.
[/quote]Well hows that construction engineering degree working for you, looks to me like you spend most of your day on forums wasting your bosses money

[quote name="Trojanfan" post="1142129" timestamp="1323363700"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1141479#msg1141479 date=1323273013]
[quote author=Trojanfan link=topic=92625.msg1141359#msg1141359 date=1323264051]
Yea, lets not look past Wimberly yet, they were pretty scrappy last year for most of the game, we will contend with the ArgyleEagle stat guru next week, he's a typical HOMER who only knows what the stat sheets say, same as everyone else we played last year, he needs to get his tuba loaded on the bus and hope they make it past this week, we'll start thinking about them next week if they make it. DAY BY DAY.
[/quote]

I've been a hard follower of Argyle Football since I graduated there. I went to College and graduated with a construction engineering degree. I never played in a band. I'm pretty good at gauging how good my team is. I've been more worried in the past two weeks than this week. But you are right...Day by Day..See ya in Arlington.
[/quote]Well hows that construction engineering degree working for you, looks to me like you spend most of your day on forums wasting your bosses money
[/quote]

I have down time. I'll take my week day job.

Look Mr. Eagle from Argyle..  Stats don't mean a thing, just because you have the best stats or higher stats than the other team doesn't mean you always win. Take Gilmer for instance, Gilmer beat Carthage 39-36. and it took y'all 2 OT to beat Carthage 35-34, basically y'all are at the same level. So if stats made a difference, Gilmer would've beaten y'all.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1141732" timestamp="1323297125"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=92625.msg1141619#msg1141619 date=1323287881]
[/quote]

Agreed.  Because WO-S and CS-O nearly filled up a stadium officially listed with a capacity of 10,600 and rumored to be a high as 12,000.  8,500 seems a little small.
[/quote]That place is gonna be PACKED!! Wonder how many they will let in before they stop selling tickets, Or will they stop? This is gonna be a GREAT game with many fans from both teams in attendance.

Yes it is and I have a really good feeling about this game...I think Wimberley is in for a surprise (if that's even possible after getting beat last year by CS)...I get the feeling that they think last year was some kind of fluke and that they should've been the team to advance...

I wasn't overly impressed with them last year and I don't see much difference in this years team that leads me to believe that if CS plays the way they can that they shouldn't win by 10-14pts...

I don't think Wimberely is going to have much success offensively...I think they're a very solid club but don't do anything that CS hasn't already seen before that will give them a problem scheming and stopping...They are going to have to do a much better job protecting Lambert and giving him time to throw...I don't think they'll be able to do that enough to sustain drives...I think Wimberley's best chance of scoring multiple TD's will be to score on some long pass plays...I don't think Wimberley or anyone else will have much success trying to score with 12-15 play 70+ yard drives...So the other part of the equation will be field position...If CS doesn't turn the ball over and can make Wimberley work for everything they get I think they'll have a rough time...

Offensively, I think CS should be able to score 3-4 td's which should be enough if defense plays anywhere near what they've been doing...

I think speed will be the deciding factor once again...

[quote name="MEM" post="1142535" timestamp="1323395578"]
Yes it is and I have a really good feeling about this game...I think Wimberley is in for a surprise (if that's even possible after getting beat last year by CS)...I get the feeling that they think last year was some kind of fluke and that they should've been the team to advance...

I wasn't overly impressed with them last year and I don't see much difference in this years team that leads me to believe that if CS plays the way they can that they shouldn't win by 10-14pts...

I don't think Wimberely is going to have much success offensively...I think they're a very solid club but don't do anything that CS hasn't already seen before that will give them a problem scheming and stopping...They are going to have to do a much better job protecting Lambert and giving him time to throw...I don't think they'll be able to do that enough to sustain drives...I think Wimberley's best chance of scoring multiple TD's will be to score on some long pass plays...I don't think Wimberley or anyone else will have much success trying to score with 12-15 play 70+ yard drives...So the other part of the equation will be field position...If CS doesn't turn the ball over and can make Wimberley work for everything they get I think they'll have a rough time...

Offensively, I think CS should be able to score 3-4 td's which should be enough if defense plays anywhere near what they've been doing...

I think speed will be the deciding factor once again...
[/quote]

And you're probably wondering why you have accumulated so much negative karma.

[quote name="ArgyleEagles" post="1142541" timestamp="1323396003"]
[/quote]

Uh, no not really...The negative karma (as if it means anything at all) came from one poster last year around the time of the 3rd round game against Kirbyville which CS won...My understanding is that he gave negative karma to just about every poster from CS....

I didn't say anything bad about Wimberley...I merely gave my opinion based on what I observed last year and what I feel will happen tomorrow evening...

I do wonder, however, why you seem to be so preoccupied with posting in this thread...

It's obvious that you probably don't know much about Wimberley or CS other than stats that you've seen...I've watched the last 43 CS games (including last years game against Wimberley)....I think I've got a pretty good feel for what gives CS problems defensively and what types of scores that we usually give up...

I didn't guarantee anything...I just feel that based on everything that I've witnessed that CS has a really good chance of beating Wimberley again...If for some reason I'm wrong I'll be the first to admit it...

[quote name="MEM" post="1142547" timestamp="1323396615"]
[quote author=ArgyleEagles link=topic=92625.msg1142541#msg1142541 date=1323396003]
[/quote]

Uh, no not really...The negative karma (as if it means anything at all) came from one poster last year around the time of the 3rd round game against Kirbyville which CS won...My understanding is that he gave negative karma to just about every poster from CS....

I didn't say anything bad about Wimberley...I merely gave my opinion based on what I observed last year and what I feel will happen tomorrow evening...

I do wonder, however, why you seem to be so preoccupied with posting in this thread...
[/quote] Why is this ONE person allowed to do this (karma)? If it has no validity, why bother?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder